The Student Room Group

Ban Religion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by neal95
Why should peaceful religions in this day and age pay for the doings of Islamists. If any religion should be banned it's Islam not Sikhism Christianity which are by modern day values very peaceful

i disagree. Islam is still a good religion just like any other religion is. We should not ban a religion because of what people are doing. most of those extremists and terrorists who claim they are Muslim are in most cases not. Everyone should have a right to believe what they want.
Original post by Kieran1996
All religious activity should be banned.
Any one showing religious activity should be removed.

Thoughts?

Christmas is more about presents / family time than it is religion now. I'm sure shops would still exploit the opportunity.

All activity. Your own words.

So nope, you're banning Christmas. And Sunday trading laws. And the wearing of a cross. And hymns.
agreed. It would be better if it never existed

People should not need a book to tell them how to be good people

maybe that is true, and i agree a book should not tell us how to be a good person. But religion does exist and therefore we need to live with it and accept all the religions that we have in this world. Every race, country, ethnicity and religion is good. It is people in every race, country, religion and ethnicity that are bad. Humans are to blame for what is happening not just religion.
All religious activity should be banned.
Any one showing religious activity should be removed.

Thoughts?

I think we should go a step further and ban all freedom of thought or expression!
Original post by Miniature99
i disagree. Islam is still a good religion just like any other religion is. We should not ban a religion because of what people are doing. most of those extremists and terrorists who claim they are Muslim are in most cases not. Everyone should have a right to believe what they want.

If thats the case then why are almost all terror attacks perpetrated by followers of Islam and not Buddhism, Christianity or Taoism?*

It is a myth that all religions are as peaceful as each other when you look at actual world events. *

I am not saying let's ban a religion but if one was banned then it should be one which is causing problems not others which aren't. The innocent party shouldn't pay

I'm sorry, but this simply isn't true. The Quran is full of disgusting and vile passages, so how is it a good religion?

And invoking the No True Scotsman fallacy doesn't help either. How exactly were these terrorists not Muslim when they believed in Allah, Muhammad and shouted "Allahu Akbar" before blowing themselves or others up? You can't just accuse them of being non-Muslims each time they do something you don't like.
Original post by Charzhino

If thats the case then why are almost all terror attacks perpetrated by followers of Islam and not Buddhism, Christianity or Taoism?*

It is a myth that all religions are as peaceful as each other when you look at actual world events. *

islam does not cause these attacks the people do making them not true muslims. Dont hate a religion just because of what the people are doing
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm sorry, but this simply isn't true. The Quran is full of disgusting and vile passages, so how is it a good religion?

And invoking the No True Scotsman fallacy doesn't help either. How exactly were these terrorists not Muslim when they believed in Allah, Muhammad and shouted "Allahu Akbar" before blowing themselves or others up? You can't just accuse them of being non-Muslims each time they do something you don't like.

doing the **** that they do make them not true Muslims..what they say does not make them a muslim
doing the **** that they do make them not true Muslims..what they say does not make them a muslim

What? Believing in the 5 pillars makes them Muslim. Nothing they've done makes them non-Muslims. Believe it or not, Muslims can commit horrendous acts too you know.
What? Believing in the 5 pillars makes them Muslim. Nothing they've done makes them non-Muslims. Believe it or not, Muslims can commit horrendous acts too you know.

well yes and so can every other religion and even those who do not believe in a religion. all im saying is that yes Muslims seem to be the number one cause for terrorist attacks but that does not mean a religion should be banned
Reply 31
Impractical, immoral, reactionary nonsense
It would possibly be better if religion hadn't existed in the first place, but banning it now it exists is stupid.
well yes and so can every other religion and even those who do not believe in a religion. all im saying is that yes Muslims seem to be the number one cause for terrorist attacks but that does not mean a religion should be banned

I know other religious people can and now you've just admitted Muslims can too even though you were previously denying it. And I never said a religion should be banned, that would be an impossible task.
I know other religious people can and now you've just admitted Muslims can too even though you were previously denying it. And I never said a religion should be banned, that would be an impossible task.

i never denied anything. its not like i said all Muslims are great and can not cause us harm. cuz thats BS. im just saying that it is not a bad religion like everyone is making it out to be. it is still a good religion it just has followers who make it more extreme than it is intended to be
i never denied anything. its not like i said all Muslims are great and can not cause us harm. cuz thats BS. im just saying that it is not a bad religion like everyone is making it out to be. it is still a good religion it just has followers who make it more extreme than it is intended to be

Well saying it's a good religion is highly subjective and I don't really know what you're basing that on. I personally find Islam to be deeply, deeply unpleasant.

Virtually everything these terrorists do can be found in the Quran or Hadith.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well saying it's a good religion is highly subjective and I don't really know what you're basing that on. I personally find Islam to be a revolting death cult.

Virtually everything these terrorists do can be found in the Quran or Hadith.

That is your opinion and i respect it.
1) it won't work - government banning things isn't powerful enough to control people's minds. people will always find ways around bans and generally people are smarter than the government when they're in large numbers like, say, a religious demographic.
2) it shouldn't work - religion is an ideology, and ideologies are an expressing of people's opinions. that's, hence, limiting freedom of expression to ban religion. people have a right to be stupid.

are you suggesting that extremists aren't muslim?
well let's look at some facts:
100% of muslims polled in the UK said homosexuality was "unacceptable" and should be something criminal. if 100%~ of muslims in the UK are extremists like this, then are you really telling me we have no muslims in the UK because extremists don't count?

let's look at some more figures: in 2009, almost 50% of indonesia, the world's most muslim-populated nation, favoured strict sharia law, and 70% blamed US/israel for 9/11.
in egypt, 65% want strict sharia law, and 70% had "mixed feelings" about bin laden. in pakistan, 76% want strict sharia law in all countries. in bangladesh, in 2013, suicide bombings were said to be "sometimes justified" by 66%
in nigeria, 71% favour sharia law
in iran 83% favour sharia law
in turkey 32% say honour killings of women can sometimes be justified
in iraq, 78%+ say honour killings can be justified
in afghanistan 76% support honour killings
in jordan 60% approve of hamas, a terrorist organisation

in france, 35% of muslims said suicide bombings could sometimes be justified
UK - 78% want the draw mohammed cartoonists to be prosecuted.

with these kinds of stats, how many "real muslims" in the world even ****ing exist?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sleepysnooze
are you suggesting that extremists aren't muslim?
well let's look at some facts:
100% of muslims polled in the UK said homosexuality was "unacceptable" and should be something criminal. if 100%~ of muslims in the UK are extremists like this, then are you really telling me we have no muslims in the UK because extremists don't count?

let's look at some more figures: in 2009, almost 50% of indonesia, the world's most muslim-populated nation, favoured strict sharia law, and 70% blamed US/israel for 9/11.
in egypt, 65% want strict sharia law, and 70% had "mixed feelings" about bin laden. in pakistan, 76% want strict sharia law in all countries. in bangladesh, in 2013, suicide bombings were said to be "sometimes justified" by 66%
in nigeria, 71% favour sharia law
in iran 83% favour sharia law
in turkey 32% say honour killings of women can sometimes be justified
in iraq, 78%+ say honour killings can
in afghanistan 76% support honour killings
in jordan 60% approve of hamas, a terrorist organisation

in france, 35% of muslims said suicide bombings could sometimes be justified
UK - 78% want the draw mohammed cartoonists to be prosecuted.

with these kinds of stats, how many "real muslims" in the world even ****ing exist?

Ok we get it Islam is to blame for everything and getting rid of them will make this world ****ing great

Quick Reply

Latest