The Student Room Group

Hijabis at McDonalds?

Hi,
I've got an interview at a Birmingham branch of McDonalds. I wear the hijab and was wondering if its gonna be a bit awkward? I've never seen a hijabi working at McDonalds tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
No it's fine, it's the same as a sikh wearing a turban.
At least you won't have to wear a hair net :smile:
I am sure it will be fine :smile: good luck
Reply 4
I work for McDonalds and in the crew room there is examples of uniforms - the example female has an hijabi! It's fine! :smile:
You should be proud of wearing one. It's what Muslim females should do.
Original post by queenofdarkness
Hi,
I've got an interview at a Birmingham branch of McDonalds. I wear the hijab and was wondering if its gonna be a bit awkward? I've never seen a hijabi working at McDonalds tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to work at McDonalds and one of my coworkers wore a hijab. there are also promo pictures of hijabi workers on the McDonalds website, its completely allowed dont worry.
Thanks for the replies everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sulaimanali
You should be proud of wearing one. It's what Muslim females should do.

Lol. Even though I wear the hijab, I don't think its something Muslim females 'should' do. It's a personal choice, it shouldn't be compulsory :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queenofdarkness
Lol. Even though I wear the hijab, I don't think its something Muslim females 'should' do. It's a personal choice, it shouldn't be compulsory :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I know it's a personal choice. But I verge the personal choice towards wearing it (thus the moral choice 'should' - not compulsory), to follow the life of the ladies during Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)'s time. Surah Al Ahzab - Verse 59.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've seen plenty of McDonald's workers wearing a hijab. You can never count against individual bigotry, but McDonalds seem like fair employers on the whole :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending