The Student Room Group

The Ultimate Biscuit discussion

Scroll to see replies

Currently dipping my Rich Tea's into my coffee :biggrin: (best combination!)

However non-dunking biscuit has to be custard creams :smile:
Bourbon biscuit - Worse than custard creams and very easy to get sick off.

Custard creams - Not a bad biscuit but not good either, the texture is bland and the cream inside is never truly satisfying.

Digestives - The milk chocolate ones are the best on this list, although it's still mediocre compared to some other biscuits.

Nice biscuits - Very plain.

Ginger nuts - Fine in small quantities, actually quite nice for one or two yet easy to get sick of.

Maryland cookies - Second best on this list, only because chocolate chip biscuits are in general nice, Maryland's version is a little disappointing compared to some other brands.

Rich tea biscuits - Even more plain than Nice biscuits.

Winner.
Reply 23
Original post by XOR_
Bourbon biscuit - Worse than custard creams and very easy to get sick off.

Custard creams - Not a bad biscuit but not good either, the texture is bland and the cream inside is never truly satisfying.

Digestives - The milk chocolate ones are the best on this list, although it's still mediocre compared to some other biscuits.

Nice biscuits - Very plain.

Ginger nuts - Fine in small quantities, actually quite nice for one or two yet easy to get sick of.

Maryland cookies - Second best on this list, only because chocolate chip biscuits are in general nice, Maryland's version is a little disappointing compared to some other brands.

Rich tea biscuits - Even more plain than Nice biscuits.

That was a very good analysis of the list, I have to say I agree with pretty much everything you said :biggrin: Although I prefer the caramel digestives!
IDShot_540x540 (1).jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
choco leibniz :smile:
Reply 26
Where was the good ole' Hobnob in the list?! :fuhrer:

Original post by methylbenzene
choco leibniz :smile:

These are amazing! :coma:
Chocolate Digestives are, without a doubt, the mother of all biscuits. Nothing else comes close :mmm:
Reply 28
Original post by Deyesy
Where was the good ole' Hobnob in the list?! :fuhrer:

Forgot about them :colondollar: I'll add them now if I can!

Original post by Alexion
Chocolate Digestives are, without a doubt, the mother of all biscuits. Nothing else comes close :mmm:

They're close first for me, but Maryland Cookies are just tooooo good :u:
Reply 29
Original post by PugDevil
Forgot about them :colondollar: I'll add them now if I can!

They're close first for me, but Maryland Cookies are just tooooo good :u:

I can't change my vote now :sad: I did however vote for Maryland Cookies! :excited:
Reply 30
Original post by Deyesy
I can't change my vote now :sad: I did however vote for Maryland Cookies! :excited:

No need to change it then :colone:
Ladies and Gentlemen of TSR
We have found our perfection :u:
Reply 32
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Ladies and Gentlemen of TSR
We have found our perfection :u:

Spoiler

The colour of that tea is just perfect!
Reply 33
Original post by Deyesy

I was actually going to say the same :lol: Makes me want to go get a cup of tea, but alas I am too lazy :frown:
Reply 34
Jaffa cakes
Where's the shortbread?
Original post by Deyesy

IKR!
:yep:
Reply 37
No Malted Milk?
Reply 38
Original post by Pulse.
No Malted Milk?

Original post by RoastedElephant
Where's the shortbread?

These two are the last two that I will be able to place on the poll :colondollar:
Reply 39
I was actually going to say the same :lol: Makes me want to go get a cup of tea, but alas I am too lazy :frown:

How far is the kettle from you? :holmes:

These two are the last two that I will be able to place on the poll :colondollar:

I think this is showing that there is no such thing as the ultimate biscuit :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest