The Student Room Group

If we live in an age of gender equality and female empowerment....

then how come women very very rarely initiate contact on dating sites or face the physical consequences of their actions? (like if they get gobby in a club or something). If we are gonna have feminism then surely it must be consistent and not merely women picking and choosing bits they want and dont want.
Feminism is just about equal rights when it suits them.
Original post by MoralInversion
then how come women very very rarely initiate contact on dating sites or face the physical consequences of their actions? (like if they get gobby in a club or something). If we are gonna have feminism then surely it must be consistent and not merely women picking and choosing bits they want and dont want.

just like religion, you can't choose all the best bits and ignore all the bad bits
(edited 7 years ago)
Ideally every group of males on a night out would have an average female who was allowed to batter any gobby females on their behalf if things got out of hand.
Original post by Chief Wiggum

It's less about equal rights now and more about one-upmanship. Our generation of females have taken feminism too far, thinking it gives them the right to condemn men for every little thing whilst subsequently trying to paint females as infallible creatures. My Facebook is littered with crap because of it.

Feminism, as a concept, is perfectly fine...it's peoples interpretations of it that are lousy.
gotta use feminism whenever it suits us, right babe?
Original post by Chief Wiggum

We have been oppressed throughout history (we weren't good enough to work, be educated or vote), let us have the upper hand for a little while, then make things equal :tongue:
Original post by indigofox
We have been oppressed throughout history (we weren't good enough to work, be educated or vote), let us have the upper hand for a little while, then make things equal :tongue:

So you feel women these days should physically stand up to men, rather than running to the toilets in a pack of 12 or hitting the panic alarm? I'd say most these days are tall enough and strong enough.
Original post by MoralInversion
So you feel women these days should physically stand up to men, rather than running to the toilets in a pack of 12 or hitting the panic alarm? I'd say most these days are tall enough and strong enough.

That's typical wimpy women, I think women should act braver than they are yes rather than gossiping and giggling in dresses and high heels, screaming at insects and fretting about nails. Then they wonder why they are seen as weak.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending