The Student Room Group

Are Nike running shoes any good?

Any ideas for other good running shoes that won't break the bank?

Looking for comfort, support, for a good running experience, and ones that won't break the bank (i,e, preferably <100£ )

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would imagine one of the world's largest sportswear companies knows how to make a decent pair of shoes. :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Go to a good sports shop (ideally one with a treadmill and cameras) and try them out properly. Everyone's feet are different and there's no point taking strangers' advice from the internet. You'll definitely be able to get a good pair in that budget, don't just limit yourself to Nike. FWIW my current road running shoes are Asics and for off-road I use inov8, each pair was about £60.
Reply 3
As above poster said, check out other brands but Nike are in my opinion the most stylish and decently made. Just don't cheap out and get the right size.
Reply 4
Original post by Duncan2012
Go to a good sports shop (ideally one with a treadmill and cameras) and try them out properly. Everyone's feet are different and there's no point taking strangers' advice from the internet. You'll definitely be able to get a good pair in that budget, don't just limit yourself to Nike. FWIW my current road running shoes are Asics and for off-road I use inov8, each pair was about £60.

i think nike stores have run/gait analysis so might check that out
Reply 5
Original post by Pulse.
As above poster said, check out other brands but Nike are in my opinion the most stylish and decently made. Just don't cheap out and get the right size.

yeah i want something stylish !

th last pair of running shoes i bought were cheap and dont fit well so i can't do anything in them :/
Original post by abcde3237
yeah i want something stylish !

th last pair of running shoes i bought were cheap and dont fit well so i can't do anything in them :/

I really would suggest ignoring the fashion aspect of them. I bought some Nike Shox when they came out but they were so uncomfortable to run in as they had no heel support. If you're going to be running in them then honestly no one is going to be looking at (or caring about) your shoes. Get whatever works best for you.
Reply 8
Choose the shoes that match you, at the right price point and with good reviews from runners.
Original post by stefano865
I would imagine one of the world's largest sportswear companies knows how to make a decent pair of shoes. :wink:

not better than a lot of cheaper pairs... according to runners.

http://runrepeat.com/expensive-running-shoes-are-not-better-than-more-affordable-running-shoes-study
Any ideas for other good running shoes that won't break the bank?

Looking for comfort, support, for a good running experience, and ones that won't break the bank (i,e, preferably <100£ )

I'm run pretty much daily about 2-5miles unless I am training for a longer run I signed up for. I will be honest and say that Nike 'running' shoes have little to no support. Some may feel otherwise and like them, but there is no arch support in their frees (which they consider running). I use those more for lifting and gym workouts but not running. Your best bet for inexpensive but still good running shoes would be to get really good running shoes on sale. Most are on sale because they were last year's model and new colors are coming out but Asics, Brooks, and Saucony are some of the best.
Reply 11
Original post by sarahmitch
I'm run pretty much daily about 2-5miles unless I am training for a longer run I signed up for. I will be honest and say that Nike 'running' shoes have little to no support. Some may feel otherwise and like them, but there is no arch support in their frees (which they consider running). I use those more for lifting and gym workouts but not running. Your best bet for inexpensive but still good running shoes would be to get really good running shoes on sale. Most are on sale because they were last year's model and new colors are coming out but Asics, Brooks, and Saucony are some of the best.

ahh thanks! are they stylish the brands you posted? i really want nice looking shoes, i feel like ill be more motivated to run outdoors if i look good in public ahaha
I really like my adidas boost st running shoes. They offer me plenty of support and cushioning. I have had two pairs of asics in the past and neither have lasted as many miles as I would expect from a running shoe so that's why i decided to try a different brand. Loved my first pair of mizunos, but the brand has since changed he shape of the toe box and I no longer find them as comfortable. You need to try on a range of shoes in your price band and feel what's comfortable. Run in each for a few minutes on the treadmill before buying to get a feel for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes, nike shoes is very good for running in nike sport shoes there are many articles i like nike shoes.....
Go to fgali.com ..... You can find your comfort shoes there.
ahh thanks! are they stylish the brands you posted? i really want nice looking shoes, i feel like ill be more motivated to run outdoors if i look good in public ahaha

I wouldn't get running shoes based on looks. I'd get them based on how they feel. I currently run in Nike and Brooks.
Yeah Nike are my choice - I used to run in Karrimor for trail though and they were still reasonable, whilst being quite cheap.
go to a shop and get a proper fitting and try some out

personally I like brooks and asics

you can also find a pair you like in store where you can try them and then go have a look round online for a good deal
Original post by Duncan2012

nice sharing!!
this is the list of Best nike running shoes i have found hope you like it

Quick Reply