The Student Room Group

How do people manage to go on so many dates?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Smurf
Been on two "dates" in my life. One of the girls is now my girlfriend.

That's still two more than me!
But yeah I heard, congrats!
How's it going btw?
Original post by Foo.mp3
You don't wanna have sex? :erm:

What do you base that belief on?

If I can go pickup random hotties with cold approaches in libraries, as someone with ME/CFS + electro-sensitivity, then anything's possible! :yy:

It's not a major concern of mine. I'd much rather have a strong relationship tbh. Sex isn't important to me!

Well I've never been able to have a proper conve with a girl (well I've had one). They never give me a chance to do so. So it must mean I'm hopeless at this!

If I tried that I'd get slapped! No joke!
Well I can barely go out without getting all anxious and I end up freaking out at somepoint. Places where there are lots of people, or that lots of people have been in, are not good for me at all.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Well you're awesome and confident though, that works massively in your favour!
Well you're very lucky! And have achieved much in life so far!
I on the other hand, haven't. People usually steer clear of me and never want to talk to me. Not great.
1: Advice on how to do that?
2: Hmm never thought of that, shall do!
3: Can you explain further please?

I'll agree, I have achieved more than average and I wasn't always confident my confidence came when I started trading back when I considered a £10 profit to be a fortune and picked up a severe caffeine habit I can't advise that as it could be horrible

putting yourself out there I'd advise you join a dating website something genuine, I use Zoosk
I have to admit my habits were helpful in that I'd either ask for a lighter or provide a lighter to someone and have a conversation spark from there (sorry for the terrible pun though one can be a good conversation starter)

moving in similar circles in easy I normally hang around places where I can find people who I can educate on jewellery so jewellers window fronts are good to me, you're a car guy so just seek out luxury/ sports car events is likely your best bet

my accessories are my back story I have a big ruby ring, my diamond encrusted gold bracelet and my watches so I have something that I can talk about if I can't just jump into a conversation that's already happening (even if it's a subject I know very little about)
Damn I'm sorry to hear that! That's never a nice thing to experience!
But just remember that you've got the maturity to be able to deal with their immaturity! You know that what they're saying isn't true! They've got no confidence in themselves and are always feeling miserable, so they take it out on someone else to make themselves feel better! They're cowards!
They don't want to fix their lives because they can't be bothered to put in the effort, so they just take the piss out of us, because it's easier for them. What they don't realize is that they're not gonna get anywhere in life. Whilst you'll go on to have a successful happy career, they'll be stuck working an awful dead end job! Then you can feel happy that you're the successful one and they're even more miserable!

Nice one! How was it?

Well I'd like to think so tbh!
Indeed we did! Damn thanks! That's made me feel better! Thankyou!
Except if you live where I do! It's impossible otherwise!

But seriously how the hell is it possible for people to go on so many dates!
Ive tried to get to know girls but they just arent interested, none of them!
One even lead me on but thats another story!
So how do you guys get to go on so many dates and have 4000 girlfriends by the time your 20?
I mean i only want to have 1 in my life, someone i can be with forever!
Thanks!

That's the thing though, they don't last :smile: from my experience, they guys I say 'yes' to are friendly and forward- 'I'd like to get to know you better, can I take you for a coffee?'
Don't get me wrong, friends first etc is lovely, but if you're angling for a date then just put it out there :smile:
Everyday, that's a piss take. But I certainly have casually dated before, sometimes I ask them out, sometimes they ask me out, it's really no big deal.
Original post by Emily.97
I dont think its an achievement to have been on tons and tons of dates. Have you ever seen first dates?
You'll see a pattern of behaviour where people sift through so many dates because they expect to find some kind of "spark", "click" or "connection" within an hour of talking to someone, when in reality, things take so much more time. So when things dont go perfectly, people give up too soon. People expect too much too soon, and so it isnt necessary to go on loads of dates with loads of people- lets slow things down.

Or maybe they just don't want a monogamous relationship at the moment. Not everyone dates for it to be successful, to find someone, expecting a thing, they just want fun. And the person on the other end is either mutual or not.
You're more awesome though! :smile:
I feel embarrassed now!
Oh well that's good then I suppose!

Don't make me blush :colondollar: you're equally if not more awesome! Have confidence in yourself (says the shyest girl on earth haha)
Dateless and Proud. :h:
It's better to go on one or two dates at a later date and be succesful and find someone perfect, the love of your life, than go on tens and hundreds and be left in tears.
Don't despare you'll find that perfect, beautiful, and succesful one! Just like yourself :smile:
@FireFreezer77
& Always remember:
'When a relationship is over, leave. Don't continue watering a dead flower'. :h:
xx
Original post by jamesthehustler
I'll agree, I have achieved more than average and I wasn't always confident my confidence came when I started trading back when I considered a £10 profit to be a fortune and picked up a severe caffeine habit I can't advise that as it could be horrible

putting yourself out there I'd advise you join a dating website something genuine, I use Zoosk
I have to admit my habits were helpful in that I'd either ask for a lighter or provide a lighter to someone and have a conversation spark from there (sorry for the terrible pun though one can be a good conversation starter)

moving in similar circles in easy I normally hang around places where I can find people who I can educate on jewellery so jewellers window fronts are good to me, you're a car guy so just seek out luxury/ sports car events is likely your best bet

my accessories are my back story I have a big ruby ring, my diamond encrusted gold bracelet and my watches so I have something that I can talk about if I can't just jump into a conversation that's already happening (even if it's a subject I know very little about)

Yeah you do seem successful!
Ah i see, well I guess you've just to do something you enjoy and become good at it!
Hmm the caffeine bit doesn't seem too good, I'll avoid that bit.

Hmm I've not tried Zoosk yet tbh. POF is my current location, but it's not working for me.
But yeah I'll take a look at Zoosk and see what happens!
That's a good pun actually. But that could work I suppose, not keen on dating a smoker though.

Ah right I see, yeah that's a good thing to do then! It already shows that you've got a common interest! A very good start indeed!
Indeed I am! I had a feeling that would be the best bet! I've not been to one yet seeing as my current car isn't exactly anything to shout about (it's only my first one).
But yeah shall be upgrading soon to something better and will go from there!

Hmm I see, also a very good idea! I should probably get some accessories tbh. I have none like that.
Original post by Platopus
Don't make me blush :colondollar: you're equally if not more awesome! Have confidence in yourself (says the shyest girl on earth haha)

I seem to be good at that (making people blush).
But that's not possible against someone as awesome as you! :biggrin:
(I'm the shyest guy on earth) How on earth do I do that?
I seem to be good at that (making people blush).
But that's not possible against someone as awesome as you! :biggrin:
(I'm the shyest guy on earth) How on earth do I do that?

Thank the powers that be for TSR. Without it, us shy *losers could never hold a conversation together hahaha :tongue:

EDIT: *AWESOME losers
Original post by Platopus
Thank the powers that be for TSR. Without it, us shy *losers could never hold a conversation together hahaha :tongue:

EDIT: *AWESOME losers

TSR is just the best!! Fact!

Us shy *BRILLIANT humans can now have AWESOME conversations with each other and have lots of fun! :biggrin:

*had to eliminate the losers part :yep:
Yeah you do seem successful!
Ah i see, well I guess you've just to do something you enjoy and become good at it!
Hmm the caffeine bit doesn't seem too good, I'll avoid that bit.

Hmm I've not tried Zoosk yet tbh. POF is my current location, but it's not working for me.
But yeah I'll take a look at Zoosk and see what happens!
That's a good pun actually. But that could work I suppose, not keen on dating a smoker though.

Ah right I see, yeah that's a good thing to do then! It already shows that you've got a common interest! A very good start indeed!
Indeed I am! I had a feeling that would be the best bet! I've not been to one yet seeing as my current car isn't exactly anything to shout about (it's only my first one).
But yeah shall be upgrading soon to something better and will go from there!

Hmm I see, also a very good idea! I should probably get some accessories tbh. I have none like that.

as they say- if you do something you love then you never work a day in your life
definitely, avoid the caffeine bit
Zoosk works wonders I have a message a week at least as long as you have a picture and a profile description
I would date a smoker as I'm a smoker and I assume you're not a smoker so steer clear of smokers
those puns are great openers
I just upgraded my car to a Mercedes e-class (i picked up from the dealership earlier on today)
for accessories look at something affordable and that you like I'll find you something if you give me a budget and a style (i like to have custom stuff the watches are stock but my jewellery very rarely is)
Original post by Ezme39
That's the thing though, they don't last :smile: from my experience, the guys I say 'yes' to are friendly and forward- 'I'd like to get to know you better, can I take you for a coffee?'
Don't get me wrong, friends first etc is lovely, but if you're angling for a date then just put it out there :smile:

True but it'd be nice to go on a date at least once in the not too distant future! I'd like to be given a chance in life. And I'll take it, if I do get one that is!

That's exactly what I do!!!!!!! Every single time I've said "I'd like to get to know you better, would you like to meet up sometime" something along those lines!
Once it lead to me being lead on. The other time it lead to a nice convo but then she ignored me from then on, and the other 3 times it didn't work at all! :frown:
Yeah I agree, but I have no friends and no one wants to be my friend!
Have done before!
Thanks!
...You depress the **** outta me boi
True but it'd be nice to go on a date at least once in the not too distant future! I'd like to be given a chance in life. And I'll take it, if I do get one that is!

That's exactly what I do!!!!!!! Every single time I've said "I'd like to get to know you better, would you like to meet up sometime" something along those lines!

Ahhh, they're just not the one then! :smile: it will happen, believe me!
I used to get heavily bullied at school, and thought no one would ever date me, but once I got out of there and gained some confidence, it got much easier :smile: don't give up on love aha
Original post by jamesthehustler
as they say- if you do something you love then you never work a day in your life
definitely, avoid the caffeine bit
Zoosk works wonders I have a message a week at least as long as you have a picture and a profile description
I would date a smoker as I'm a smoker and I assume you're not a smoker so steer clear of smokers
those puns are great openers
I just upgraded my car to a Mercedes e-class (i picked up from the dealership earlier on today)
for accessories look at something affordable and that you like I'll find you something if you give me a budget and a style (i like to have custom stuff the watches are stock but my jewellery very rarely is)

Exactly! Ideally I'd open a business to achieve that, but that's gonna have to wait a few years yet.
Yeah shall do! Not completely though! I still need my Red Bull's

Well as it turns out I have account but not done anything with it! So I shall go and do some writing at somepoint and fill in the profile!
But that sounds extremely promising then!

Ah well yeah that's understandable! Your assumption is correct!, but they do seem pretty good but they won't really work for em I'm afraid!

Ah nice one! I bet you're enjoying that already then!
Hmm well I'm not too sure tbh, my budget ideally will be mid range I'd say. But I'll start earning proper money in a couple of weeks so that's all I can say really. Style = Modern, I like modern looking things. But I'm not too sure what else to say there, let me know if you want more accuracy in my description.
(Yeah I'd like custom stuff too ideally, I'm not keen on being the same as others so I like to make sure I'm different them all, I'm unique)
Original post by 0to100
Or maybe they just don't want a monogamous relationship at the moment. Not everyone dates for it to be successful, to find someone, expecting a thing, they just want fun. And the person on the other end is either mutual or not.

I'm talking about people who are on a date to pursue a relationship and are hoping to find some one. I didn't say every one was like this but it happens so much
There is a culture of young people hoping to find something magical too soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending