The Student Room Group

Military going nuts in turkey, Bridges closed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by saraxh
I hope all my Turkish friends families are safe.

Call them just to cheque
Reply 81
Original post by Salamandastron
The world is so stupid and turbulent atm.
Like literally you can go to sleep for half an hour and wake up with Britain out of the EU, a new prime minister, terrorist attacks and now some military coup thing going on.

World War 3
"Turkish Armed Forces have completely taken over the administration of the country to reinstate constitutional order, human rights and freedoms, the rule of law and general security that was damaged. "

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/15/turkey-coup-attempt-military-gunfire-ankara

I think I support the coup...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Filler
Do you want internet or do you want to save your life in this world war 3

I fail to see how Turkey fighting itself is WW3.
Tanks are circling the roads and city in Istanbul and Ankara
Original post by ManiaMuse
Who knows at this stage. I'd wait until the home office updates their travel advice (I'd imagine tomorrow) before cancelling anything. But as said before, you might find that your insurance is not valid if you do go.

If I was to put my money on anything, I would guess probably less peaceful than the 2014 coup in Thailand where the government didn't really have any authority in the first place. And there is always the question of whether Russia decides to get opportunistically involved in which case I would recommend not being anywhere near Turkey.

Oh blimey. Now I'm just a tiny bit worried
When ur going to turkey in two weeks lol
Reply 87
Original post by Drewski
I fail to see how Turkey fighting itself is WW3.

Chaos everywhere in the world. This is the start of WW3
Turkeys prime minister is a **** anyway,it's somewhat justified
Al-Jazera: Turkish intelligence agencies call on all its members to fight to the death and not to give in.

This is not going to end well.
Original post by Al-farhan
Well if according to reports.
It will just be one islamic leader for another (gulen)

I'd be lying if I said I knew anything about Gulen, and thus, if he were an improvement on Erdogan. From what I read of his movement on Wikipedia he has espoused a more 'pacifist, modern-orientated version of Islam' which I imagine is a move in the right direction.

I could be wrong however so if anyone has idea it would be nice.
Original post by Supersaps
It's difficult to tell exactly the extent of what's going to happen but this has the potential to be very very messy.

Bloody hell. Why can't their just be peace in the world for goodness sake?!
Original post by Filler
Chaos everywhere in the world. This is the start of WW3

Just like all the other ones were...

Nope.
Help please guys.

Is the military on the street supporting the coup, or are they army rebels, against the coup? thanks.
Original post by george_c00per
When ur going to turkey in two weeks lol

Lol I'm supposed to be going on Tuesday. I don't want to go now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Opinion
Help please guys.

Is the military on the street supporting the coup, or are they army rebels, against the coup? thanks.

It appears they're leading the coup.
Original post by Grumpyteen
Lol I'm supposed to be going on Tueaday. I don't want to go now. I don't want to die. I have a whole great life ahead of me!

Oh god it probably won't be over by then either. Good luck!
Help please guys.

All of the military I've seen in Istanbul is supporting the coup, including the helicopter shooting and the jets.

Also a few pictures of soldiers arresting police officers - looks like a video game!
Reply 98
Original post by Drewski
Just like all the other ones were...

Nope.

Nostradamus predicted WW3 would start in 2016. He also predicted you would say that
Help please guys.

Army in streets coup support, not sure but I think the pro erdogan military have yet to mobilise. It has been only 2-3 hours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending