The Student Room Group

A's AAA(*)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I've successfully managed to do Democracy today! :woo:
I made a poster/mind map of everything summed up about the chapter in Publisher.(Though I might put it on paper as well, it's kind of messy)
I used the points from the spec at first, then I expanded them to ensure I understand the topic and other details like statistics and names.

I also realised that my Physics internal mock could potentially be the exam that was sat this year so I need to stay away from all of those threads :rofl:
Reply 121
I have now completed revising the content for G&P!
The poster method really helped me in getting all the key information in each chapter and breaking it down into smaller segments and give me that overview of the topic, thus allowing me to understand the content.

I feel somewhat relieved because I struggled/ is struggling to get myself together and revise even if I'm in a low mood.

Now I'm going to focus on past papers. Just solely on past papers in timed conditions.
I've done quite a few already and have them marked by my teachers so I'll do the ones I haven't done and get someone else to help me mark them. :redface:

I was going to do some physics revision but I think I'd just go mad so I'll leave that for after my politics exams. :redface:

(It feels weird not doing any geography revision :rofl:)
Original post by aamirac
I have now completed revising the content for G&P!
The poster method really helped me in getting all the key information in each chapter and breaking it down into smaller segments and give me that overview of the topic, thus allowing me to understand the content.

I feel somewhat relieved because I struggled/ is struggling to get myself together and revise even if I'm in a low mood.

Now I'm going to focus on past papers. Just solely on past papers in timed conditions.
I've done quite a few already and have them marked by my teachers so I'll do the ones I haven't done and get someone else to help me mark them. :redface:

I was going to do some physics revision but I think I'd just go mad so I'll leave that for after my politics exams. :redface:

(It feels weird not doing any geography revision :rofl:)

Would love to see this poster :yep:

Good to see that you are on track :h:
Reply 123
Original post by SeanFM
Would love to see this poster :yep:

Good to see that you are on track :h:

Okay! I had to do it on the computer because my handwriting is just incoherent these days :rofl:.
Might not be the prettiest looking but it helps me remember and understand. :redface:

Democracy diagram screenshot.PNG

Though this made me realise I should have done these earlier, maybe on A3 and ask my teacher to print them out so I have room for adding things and making it look nicer. :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 124
I told myself I wasn't going to do any Physics but I just spent the whole of today (12pm - 9pm) revising Physics :hide:
I went all the waaaay back to the first Unit and revised/made refined notes on the Particles topic. :redface:
I have a list of a few questions that I need to google that came to mind as I was revising. Some of them are so ridiculous :rofl:

I procrastinated revision by revising another subject :facepalm:

I'm going to make a plan until my first exam on the 6th to make sure I have a list of things I need to do by the first exam. Just so I have more structure in my days so I feel more productive.

content revision has been completed.

Tuesday 31 May:
- U2 UK constitution 5 and 10 markers (25 and 40 markers complete)
- U1 Democracy 25 markers (5 and 10 markers complete)

Wednesday 1st June:
- U1 Pressure groups 5 and 10 markers (25 markers have been completed)

Thursday 2nd June:
- U2 PM and Cabinet 25 mark questions
- U2 Parliament 5 and 10 mark questions

Friday 3rd June:
- U2 Parliament 25 markers need to be completed
- Review U1 Democracy and Pressure Group past papers and content.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 125
[scroll] [/scroll] :woo:I AM FREE FROM AS! :woo:

I'm so happy to finally be done with AS! This year is exhausting! :redface: Still have my physics exam left but that's in two weeks time and I know I can fully prioritise my revision time to just physics. (fun!)

Anyways I managed to keep to my week tasks as above and Politics wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was hard but I felt prepared for it.
I probably don't have an A in either, but there's no point getting upset over it since it's all done now and I can't change anything.
(Though I am formulating my CV for jobs as of now. :redface:)

Things I have learnt this AS year:
one for each subject and Physics at a later date

Geography

Politics

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by aamirac
[scroll] [/scroll] :woo:I AM FREE FROM AS! :woo:

I'm so happy to finally be done with AS! This year is exhausting! :redface: Still have my physics exam left but that's in two weeks time and I know I can fully prioritise my revision time to just physics. (fun!)

Anyways I managed to keep to my week tasks as above and Politics wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was hard but I felt prepared for it.
I probably don't have an A in either, but there's no point getting upset over it since it's all done now and I can't change anything.
(Though I am formulating my CV for jobs as of now. :redface:)

Things I have learnt this AS year:
one for each subject and Physics at a later date

Geography

Politics

:hugs: brilliant advice, I hope people who study either subject are taking notes. :work:

And glad to see that you are practically free from AS and focusing on the present rather than the past. :borat:
Reply 127
Original post by SeanFM
:hugs: brilliant advice, I hope people who study either subject are taking notes. :work:

And glad to see that you are practically free from AS and focusing on the present rather than the past. :borat:

:hugs: There just some pointers I which someone told me before starting the course. :redface:

I'm almost to the end. :colondollar:
Reply 128
My life the past two weeks has just been PHYSICS! (and some other stuff)

My physics exam on Thursday! My last exam for the year!
Doing all the past papers I can possibly find! :redface: (I have quite a collection on my computer now :rofl:)
It's one, 1hr 15mins exam which includes any of the AS topics instead of two exams. (YAAAY)
Focusing on the topics I struggled with first so waves and electricity, I found that the more questions I do, the more I understand and the more I learn, the more I can apply my knowledge to the questions and that's the way I like to work. I quite like Internal Resistance now (I hated it before :lol:)
I'm so excited! :excited:

We've also started A2 geography! :woo:
Honestly though, I looked at the topics and thought that they would be so boring, that I wouldn't like them. But in actuality, I really do enjoy it! :biggrin:
The one we're starting with is called World Cities, focusing on how the world works with each other, how cities can flourish and decline.
It's quite intresting to apply it to our current situation *cough* brexit *cough* since London is considered to be a world city so it's refreshing to observe it how a geographer would.
Lot of case studies though, at least a few every week. :redface:

We haven't started any A2 politics yet because we, as in our politics class was held with the responsibility of holding our own EU referendum in school before the actual day! It was our responsibility to go out and educate the lower school about it and I'd say it was quite successful in terms of making them more politically aware.
Majority of the school voted Remain with a hefty majority of 260 votes to Remain and 122 to Leave.
(It's a small school)

So that's that for now... :colondollar:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by aamirac
X

Good post. :woo:
I wish my last exam was on Thursday instead of tomorrow. :tongue: Good luck with it, though. :smile:
Original post by aamirac
My life the past two weeks has just been PHYSICS! (and some other stuff)

My physics exam on Thursday! My last exam for the year!
Doing all the past papers I can possibly find! :redface: (I have quite a collection on my computer now :rofl:)
It's one, 1hr 15mins exam which includes any of the AS topics instead of two exams. (YAAAY)
Focusing on the topics I struggled with first so waves and electricity, I found that the more questions I do, the more I understand and the more I learn, the more I can apply my knowledge to the questions and that's the way I like to work. I quite like Internal Resistance now (I hated it before :lol:)
I'm so excited! :excited:

We've also started A2 geography! :woo:
Honestly though, I looked at the topics and thought that they would be so boring, that I wouldn't like them. But in actuality, I really do enjoy it! :biggrin:
The one we're starting with is called World Cities, focusing on how the world works with each other, how cities can flourish and decline.
It's quite intresting to apply it to our current situation *cough* brexit *cough* since London is considered to be a world city so it's refreshing to observe it how a geographer would.
Lot of case studies though, at least a few every week. :redface:

We haven't started any A2 politics yet because we, as in our politics class was held with the responsibility of holding our own EU referendum in school before the actual day! It was our responsibility to go out and educate the lower school about it and I'd say it was quite successful in terms of making them more politically aware.
Majority of the school voted Remain with a hefty majority of 260 votes to Remain and 122 to Leave.
(It's a small school)

So that's that for now... :colondollar:

:woo: well done, internal resistance (and electricity in general) is one of the hardest topics in AS Physics so it is good to hear that it has ... clicked (sorry, I was trying to think of a pun)

Also good that you now see that A2 Geography is going to be more fun than you thought :tongue: (I wish I had studied it now :hide:)

...and at least your school could try applying to be in the EU :lol:

Good luck with Physics though! :biggrin:
Reply 131
Original post by Hydeman
Good post. I wish my last exam was on Thursday instead of tomorrow. Good luck with it, though.

Thanks! Well at least you can get it over and done with. I just want it to get it over and done with. :redface:
Good Luck for your exam tomorrow!

Original post by SeanFM
:woo: well done, internal resistance (and electricity in general) is one of the hardest topics in AS Physics so it is good to hear that it has ... clicked (sorry, I was trying to think of a pun)

Also good that you now see that A2 Geography is going to be more fun than you thought :tongue: (I wish I had studied it now :hide:)

...and at least your school could try applying to be in the EU :lol:

Good luck with Physics though! :biggrin:

It took a lot of papers so I'm currently pretty amped to get this far. (:hide:)

Awww, we're learning about Tectonics as our Physical module as well so that's going to be interesting.:biggrin:

I guess so and thank you. :colondollar:
Original post by aamirac
[scroll]AAA [/scroll]

Yay! So this is my entry for GYG :woo: (finally :lol:)

Well I currently do Physics (AQA,, A Level), Geography(AQA, AS) and Government and Politics (Edexcel, AS) :h:

Aims:
> Get AAA in my subjects respectively
> No matter what, keep on going!

I don't have anything that I want to work towards in particular in terms of a degree, but I know I just have to try my best in getting the grades I can. :h:

Strategies:
> Formulate an excel document for each subject to keep track of grades and keep progress of my grades with all the past papers that I do.

> Keep my folder organised!

> Try to do at least 45 mins everyday of each subject to refresh and revise topics that I've already done.

> Also do as many past papers as possible

At the moment:
> For Physics, I've finished Quantum Phenomena, Electricity and Mechanics and Materials and now I'm going to start Waves! :shakecane:

> Geography, I've finished the Core topics of Rivers, Population and Coasts, Health currently working on the Skills Paper.
(AS exams completed)

> Government and Politics, I've done Democracy, UK Constitution and Parliament, Pressure Groups and Prime Minster and the Cabinet. and is now on Political Parties and ideas.

Mock grades:
Geography - B
Politics - C
Physics - Unknown. :redface:

Good luck
Reply 133

Spoiler

Original post by aamirac

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 135
Original post by Imperion

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 136
Welll Physics went great! (note extreme sarcasm!)

Though here's a few things I've learnt so far...

Physics

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 137
Original post by aamirac
Welll Physics went great! (note extreme sarcasm!)

Though here's a few things I've learnt so far...

Physics

Heyyyyyy lovely!!!

How are you? :tongue:

I'm pretty sure you did fine on physics! I thought I failed my exam and pretty much cried after I did it but actually passed and Inshalah you have passed too :h: how long til results?

Anddddddddd those tips are actually helpful!

Physics is probably the one subject which you apply with your daily stuff which I may start doing :colondollar:

Have you stopped the Allamah course? And how are you in general?

:jumphug:

Spoiler

Reply 139
Original post by ZuluK
Heyyyyyy lovely!!!

How are you? :tongue:

I'm pretty sure you did fine on physics! I thought I failed my exam and pretty much cried after I did it but actually passed and Inshalah you have passed too :h: how long til results?

Anddddddddd those tips are actually helpful!

Physics is probably the one subject which you apply with your daily stuff which I may start doing :colondollar:

Have you stopped the Allamah course? And how are you in general?

:jumphug:

I'm okay! How are you?

Well I failed physics so... I think I have 33 days until results day... I'm totally not counting :rofl:...

I find that I tend to apply stuff in general, I do it without realising it :lol:

I'm still doing Alimah yep! I like how I can focus on it properly now that I have no school exams.

In all honestly, mentally I'm not that great (will make a post about it when I can), but then Kdramas have come into my life and I have been restored. I may or may not be obsessed. :innocent:
Original post by Imperion

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending