The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like you guys are still worrying lots about your exams :frown: we think it's important that you relax and take some time off after your exams and enjoy the summer!! We find a new technique called mindfulness can help with stress. It's all about changing the way you think. If you keep thinking “exams stress me out” or “I stress over the results”, it can create even more stress.
So to help you out, our expert has put some top tips together to stop worrying about exams, see: www.bcu.ac.uk/stop-worrying
And to help you enjoy your summer, here's some events on in Birmingham that you might be interested in (ps you can win tickets too) www.bcu.ac.uk/visit-birmingham

Good luck for the 18th!
Hi all!!!

I know you guys over here are worrying over exam results and "oh have i met my offer?". I know it is hard to but try to get it out of your mind. Think about it, will stressing out change what will be in that sheet for results day? No right. So look to enjoy your summer as much as possible as you won't get this big and great of a summer again and think about it "would it be worth it worrying about something you cannot control where instead you can enjoy the long summer?". And if you tried your hardest then thats all you can do right!!! I personally don't think I did as well as i wanted to but the world won't end and I did what I can. If I asked you "Do you regret anything with your revision" and you answered no then you dont have anything to fear!!! Take your mind off it as much as you can!!!

I hope this helps!!!
It's got to the point where whenever I think of results day I feel sick.
Original post by Aph
Days seem to last forever but weeks are going by so quickly!!!! I really just want results day to hurry up now :frown: especially because I know that all my papers are marked by about now. We are in the quality control period and then the grade boundries are set about 2 weeks from now I belive. That leaves a week for assigning grades and double checking things and then unis find our grades a week before us.

Weird how most of the work is done in the sense are papers have been marked but our grades still haven't been worked out yet and weird how in a few weeks it'll all be sealed and there's nothing we can do to change it :/
Reply 724
Original post by fefssdf
Weird how most of the work is done in the sense are papers have been marked but our grades still haven't been worked out yet and weird how in a few weeks it'll all be sealed and there's nothing we can do to change it :/

Well there are still remarks. But yeah I know. I imagine that the markers have a rough idea of our grades already in each exam at least.
Original post by fefssdf

Practically speaking you can send your papers for a remark so there's something you can do to change it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It's got to the point where whenever I think of results day I feel sick.

Same here. Then I do something like eat an entire pizza and a bar of chocolate for comfort, and end up hating my life even more.

Actually need to get a grip!
Am i the only one that is looking forward to results day?
Original post by ninjass

Nope! I'll admit, I'm pretty anxious, but the thought of perhaps getting accepted to a uni to do a course that I really want to do is great. Anyway, until then I have tons of free time to do what I like, so it's a nice reminder that I do have an important life ahead of me but I can do other stuff unrelated beforehand.

Are you AS or A2?

A2

What subjects are you taking?

History, Ancient History, Sociology

To which university are you hoping to go?

Warwick

To study which subject?

History

If applicable, what were your AS grades?

AABB

What grades are required for your desired degree?

AAA

What grades are you predicted?

AAA

How did your exams go?

Pretty well I'd like to think, and I'm normally a negative thinker so when I first completed them I thought I'd ruined my life, but I know I put the right stuff in

How are you feeling about results day?

Slightly positive, slightly anxious
Original post by MartinisSkip
Nope! I'll admit, I'm pretty anxious, but the thought of perhaps getting accepted to a uni to do a course that I really want to do is great. Anyway, until then I have tons of free time to do what I like, so it's a nice reminder that I do have an important life ahead of me but I can do other stuff unrelated beforehand.

Im feeling exactly the same as you!!! :smile:
Reply 731
Original post by ninjass

It's better to be worried and scared in my experience. If you go in expecting good grades and then don't get them it crushes you.
Original post by ninjass
Im feeling exactly the same as you!!! :smile:

:biggrin: I'm assuming your A2 then? That probably sounds stupid but to be fair it is quite late here, so I'm going to blame tiredness. Where are you hoping of going to uni?
:biggrin: I'm assuming your A2 then? That probably sounds stupid but to be fair it is quite late here, so I'm going to blame tiredness. Where are you hoping of going to uni?

Yep a2 and i want to do morse at wawrick :smile:
Original post by ninjass
Yep a2 and i want to do morse at wawrick :smile:

Oh awesome! Warwick's my firm too, for history so here's hoping :smile:
Oh awesome! Warwick's my firm too, for history so here's hoping :smile:

Oohh nice!! - decided accomodation?
Original post by ninjass
Oohh nice!! - decided accomodation?

Mhm, Westwood is my first preference since it's pretty nice there and the cost isn't too scary. How about you?
Mhm, Westwood is my first preference since it's pretty nice there and the cost isn't too scary. How about you?

Arthur vick is first choice :smile:
Original post by ninjass
Arthur vick is first choice :smile:

That's a pretty nice choice, I'm just happy that a lot of the accommodation there is rather good considering the options at other unis I visited where everything was cramped
That's a pretty nice choice, I'm just happy that a lot of the accommodation there is rather good considering the options at other unis I visited where everything was cramped

Yeah definitely
Aahh 3 months wawrick wait for me!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest