The Student Room Group

Military going nuts in turkey, Bridges closed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scrappy-coco
Hi, what's your opinion on the election in November? Was it rigged?

Most of it was not. you can see it by citizens now flooding into national TV HQ which coup military occupied until now. People took it back. It was the "will" of fooled people. People are manipulated and fooled by Erdogan's propoganda. Coups are only giving Erdogan and their ideology more and more propoganda power.
Original post by oShahpo
"Islamists", not "Muslims". Sadat, ex president of Egypt, was Muslim and he started the peace treaty with Israel after a coup, so it sometimes works good.

Nope, normal practicing Muslims*

Call them what you want in an attempt to disassociate them from their religion but I know my religion better than you thanks.
Original post by oShahpo
Well, it was never over for Al-Sisi was it?

The difference being Sisi had/has ruthless security personnel that won't think twice about using force to subdue the will of the people.
While the Turkish military (and that is very commendable) are not so eager to kill their people. You can literally watch on news the personnel retreating when facing the mass protests rather than firing on their people.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Nope, normal practicing Muslims*

Call them what you want in an attempt to disassociate them from their religion but I know my religion better than you thanks.

What you're saying doesn't make sense, you can be a normal practicing secular Muslim. Islamists are those which try to apply Islam politically, which then poison politics. You can be a normal practicing Muslim and still hold liberal values or whatever values you want, as long as you follow the 5 pillars.
Original post by oShahpo
What you're saying doesn't make sense, you can be a normal practicing secular Muslim. Islamists are those which try to apply Islam politically, which then poison politics. You can be a normal practicing Muslim and still hold liberal values or whatever values you want, as long as you follow the 5 pillars.

Secular Muslim is an oxymoron.

No sorry, you have a really bad understanding of Islam.
Original post by Al-farhan
The difference being Sisi had/has ruthless security personnel that won't think twice about using force to subdue the will of the people.
While the Turkish military (and that is very commendable) are not so eager to kill their people. You can literally watch on news the personnel retreating when facing the mass protests rather than firing on their people.

We'll see how it all pans out.
So did a helicopter get shot down by a fighter jet?
Secular Muslim is an oxymoron.

No it isn't. A Muslim by definition, is defined as such for following the 5 pillars of Islam, none of which are in contradiction with secular/liberal values. So you can indeed be a secular Muslim, maybe not a pious Muslim, but still Muslim.
Original post by oShahpo
We'll see how it all pans out.

Yep that is all we can do.
I hope these soldiers keep their brains on and not shoot their people.
Original post by Trapz99

According to reports.
Nothing verifiable.
Just reports so far.

No sorry, you have a really bad understanding of Islam.

What an argument, I am defeated by all your different points refuting my argument. You make me feel humbled, O great debater.
Original post by oShahpo
No it isn't. A Muslim by definition, is defined as such for following the 5 pillars of Islam, none of which are in contradiction with secular/liberal values. So you can indeed be a secular Muslim, maybe not a pious Muslim, but still Muslim.

You can keep the discussion on Islam to Islamic threads. This is about the coup attempt at Turkey.
Reply 292
Original post by Trapz99

Yes, follow this link for updates, it updates every few minutes with latest news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-36811357
Original post by TheAtaKhan
You can keep the discussion on Islam to Islamic threads. This is about the coup attempt at Turkey.

You can just ignore the comments, they're not numerous it's just in reply to a specific point someone posted above that is related to the coup.
Original post by oShahpo
What an argument, I am defeated by all your different points refuting my argument. You make me feel humbled, O great debater.

There isn't an argument to be had I'm afraid.

I just stated it how it is.

Where abouts are you.
Do you see the people on the streets?
As I understand it, Erdogan has committed a number of human rights abuses and is a dictator. What is it exactly that he's done? Sorry, I'm just not at all knowledgeable about the situation in Turkey.

I hope you stay safe!
There isn't an argument to be had I'm afraid.

I just stated it how it is.

What an ignorant response.
"Right, you proved me wrong, but you know what? You're wrong! End of! There's no argument!"
Typical internet troll.
Original post by Al-farhan
Where abouts are you.
Do you see the people on the streets?

Yes I do see people on streets near me. I am in Istanbul. Governmental organs are calling us to to streets including Fire Dept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending