The Student Room Group

Do I need a contract job?

I work with my stepdad for 3 times a week roughly 6 hours a day as a gardener and have done for 3 years. I enjoy the job but I worry that it isnt going to be useful when applying for a different job as I have never signed a contract nor is it a registered company as this is only private work. Can I still put this in a job application or my cv? Or do I need to work for an actual company?
This can be used on your cv. Others are none the wiser to if you signed a contract.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BenGeorge
I work with my stepdad for 3 times a week roughly 6 hours a day as a gardener and have done for 3 years. I enjoy the job but I worry that it isnt going to be useful when applying for a different job as I have never signed a contract nor is it a registered company as this is only private work. Can I still put this in a job application or my cv? Or do I need to work for an actual company?

You can put this on your CV as it is a job at the end of the day.
Any future employers wont know if you signed a contract or not (not unless you told them or anything). You dont even need to tell them about that you are working for your step dad if you dont want to.
You could use him for a reference if need be as well. If he has the same last name as you they might suspect something, but if he doesnt then thats fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending