The Student Room Group

Should I make my graduation walk more interesting?

I'm graduating next week and I feel that walking normally down the stage is just boring.

I'm usually the immature type so I'm really tempted to do something like do a quick dance on stage, moonwalk or a selfie with the vice-chancellor after collecting my certificate. I'm known on my course for being a practical joker and quite immature and I guess it's the last time I have a chance to do something like this.

To do it or is it not the place to?

A ballsy example
[video="youtube;z_3uRf5raj0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_3uRf5raj0[/video]
Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
I'm graduating next week and I feel that walking normally down the stage is just boring.

I'm usually the immature type so I'm really tempted to do something like do a quick dance on stage, moonwalk or a selfie with the vice-chancellor after collecting my certificate. I'm known on my course for being a practical joker and quite immature and I guess it's the last time I have a chance to do something like this.

To do it or is it not the place to?

A ballsy example
[video="youtube;z_3uRf5raj0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_3uRf5raj0[/video]

Please don't. Shake his/her hand, get the certificate and fist punch the air if you have to. That's it!
Reply 3
A little moon walk would suffice. A first class degree calls for a little something special!
Do 'the worm'
Reply 5
Please do it, it would be hilarious
I saw a student this year filming with a gopro on his wrist
it's not the time or the place
Edinburgh's graduation ceremonies include being hit round the ear with a flat cap made from John Knox's trousers. That soon sorts out the show offs.
Please please please do it and ask someone to record it. :colone:
Yeah don't do it. Being a joker was a title for secondary school, not for you, picking up your degree in a gown in front of your whole peer group.

And there's me thinking, uni makes you more mature...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending