The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sljca
That would be fine but mine had no number on it!!!! Could you email it me if I gave you my email address? Or can you give me the number??

PM sent :smile:
Reply 701
Original post by Bluebood
PM sent :smile:

Thanks very much!!!!!!!
Reply 702
Hi. I have received a start date for Birmingham. Start date is 30th August. Hope everyone is receiving their start dates!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SuSuT
Hi. I have received a start date for Birmingham. Start date is 30th August. Hope everyone is receiving their start dates!!!

Hello SuSuT. I haven't received my start date for B'ham yet. Pre-employment checks completed on 23rd June, However, 30th August wouldn't work for me as I have an 8 week notice period. Have you got an email address or number for someone I can contact?Thanks.
Reply 704
Private message sent with email address
Just found out I got through to the interview stage for the current campaign, after failing miserably and scoring 1/7 on the competency sift last time! No interviews available in Liverpool though? Nearest are two locations in Manchester.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 706
Original post by Ollie1816
Tax lad, just wondering about the training, do you know of anyone who hasn't actually passed the training or is it a case of they will make sure you do?

Hey. You get two attempts at each exam. These are multi choice exams with a pass rate of 70%. You get plenty revision time so only book in for these when you are ready for them. You put the effort in, you'll be fine. I do know those who didn't pass first time, once you've tried once you know the questioning setup so should be fine. Questions are from a bank so don't expect the same as before if you fail. Plus, it's not permitted to discuss your questions with those who've not yet sat the exam.
Original post by Kneale
Just found out I got through to the interview stage for the current campaign, after failing miserably and scoring 1/7 on the competency sift last time! No interviews available in Liverpool though? Nearest are two locations in Manchester.

Well done! mine is in Machester too next week, when's yours?
Original post by lawgrad13
Well done! mine is in Machester too next week, when's yours?

Well done to you too. I've had to book 11th August as that was the only time I could book a holiday in my current job.
Reply 709
is anyone going for this in Nottingham?
Any interview tips/advice from those who have already had HO offers would be very much appreciated!
Reply 711
Is anyone starting Liverpool in September?
Original post by Kneale

I can't believe the interview slots at Liverpool went so quickly! I've emailed them asking if they'll release anymore - I don't really want to traipse to Manchester if I don't have to. Probably by the time they get back to me the Manchester ones will have all gone too and I'll end up interviewing in Cardiff or somewhere haha.

I think I got a 2 last time round and 5 this time. I wonder how many more campaigns they'll do haha.
Original post by Hayho
Is anyone starting Liverpool in September?

I was interviewed at start of April for the HO post and got a provisional offer, for Liverpool, on 9th May.There was no progress until this week when my DBS check finally came through! I've been asked to do an online OHS assessment and then,(hopefully.......), I'll get my start date!Early September start date would be ideal for me!
Original post by dagoro1
I can't believe the interview slots at Liverpool went so quickly! I've emailed them asking if they'll release anymore - I don't really want to traipse to Manchester if I don't have to. Probably by the time they get back to me the Manchester ones will have all gone too and I'll end up interviewing in Cardiff or somewhere haha.

I think I got a 2 last time round and 5 this time. I wonder how many more campaigns they'll do haha.

I can't imagine the Liverpool slots went so quickly either, unless there were only a few available initially. I've emailed them too asking why there were no slots available and just to confirm that there actually are vacancies there! I've booked the Manchester one just in case in the meantime.
Reply 715
Are you starting as O or HO?

I applied for HO, and got HO.

Any interview tips/advice from those who have already had HO offers would be very much appreciated!

Be confident and make sure you address the competencies. Have several examples that support why you believe you're effective at that competency, preferably from a work environment. Make sure you show you're interest in the role, and ask questions. My feedback from my interview mentioned the fact I was visibly interested in the role and the job, and I asked questions to support that.

Original post by ChrisSums
I was interviewed at start of April for the HO post and got a provisional offer, for Liverpool, on 9th May.There was no progress until this week when my DBS check finally came through! I've been asked to do an online OHS assessment and then,(hopefully.......), I'll get my start date!Early September start date would be ideal for me!

I wouldn't bet on an early Sept date. I had my OHS assessment in late May, and got my provisional offer on the same date as you. My start date is October. :frown:
Original post by Kneale
I can't imagine the Liverpool slots went so quickly either, unless there were only a few available initially. I've emailed them too asking why there were no slots available and just to confirm that there actually are vacancies there! I've booked the Manchester one just in case in the meantime.

There were at least 16 Liverpool slots on Thursday and a similar number for Bootle.

You might have to have a telephone consultation as well, I had to do this after I submitted the online assessment - depends if you have a pre-existing condition.

All my checks were completed on Monday (11 July) but I haven't got a start date yet. (Liverpool)
Reply 718

I had my interview April and prov offer 13 May. My start date is 5 September. Fingers crossed for you.
Original post by Smaack
I applied for HO, and got HO.

Be confident and make sure you address the competencies. Have several examples that support why you believe you're effective at that competency, preferably from a work environment. Make sure you show you're interest in the role, and ask questions. My feedback from my interview mentioned the fact I was visibly interested in the role and the job, and I asked questions to support that.

I wouldn't bet on an early Sept date. I had my OHS assessment in late May, and got my provisional offer on the same date as you. My start date is October. :frown:

Are you Liverpool as well? How long after the OHS was it before you got your start date?

Latest

Trending

Trending