The Student Room Group

Would you ever date a morbidly obese person?

Like over 20 stone and immobilised. I was watching this programme about people who are like 800 lbs and bedridden because of it, and they showed their like bed sores and flesh eating bacteria. One bird got stuck on a toilet, a dude got stuck in the tub, another got stuck in the ****ing car I mean :nothing: strangers had to help each of them, even to just stand up, and meanwhile they've got fairly good looking partners the lot of em?! :K: And they're always like hella embarrassed, one dude had to walk for his bit for like an hr just to avoid fast food shops -__- I'm partially relieved I didn't find any of this hilarious for a change, I was just silenced by shock and pity.

Scroll to see replies

*They had like hanging tumor like dead weight, looks like they're growing new limbs or summat. And none of the episodes I saw said they got that way because of medical conditions, but it was a pattern of depression and food addiction. :colonhash: I honestly don't think I could date a morbidly obese anything. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
I don't want to be mean, but I don't think I could.
Nope
Their weight would have to be almost 100% for medical reasons. Even 70% medical and 30% gluttony and lack of self control would turn me off.
Reply 5
Original post by 0to100
Like over 20 stone and immobilised. I was watching this programme about people who are like 800 lbs and **** who are bedridden because of it, and they showed their like bed sores and flesh eating bacteria. One bird got stuck on a toilet, a dude got stuck in the tub, another got stuck in the ****ing car I mean :nothing: strangers had to help each of them, even to just stand up, and meanwhile they've got fairly good looking partners the lot of em?! :K: And they're always like hella embarrassed, one dude had to walk for his bit for like an hr just to avoid fast food shops -__- I'm partially relieved I didn't find any of this hilarious for a change, I was just silenced by shock and pity. But I can't pity em too much, they've got spouses!

Tbf bodybuilders are morbidly obese - it depends I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
No way, there wouldn't be any attraction there.
Would not like the thought of taking a world map to find my way out again after sex, so no.
Original post by Andy98
Tbf bodybuilders are morbidly obese - it depends I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbf they look muscular and better...
maybe their partners were with them before they got so big?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Not someone 350lbs+ because if they're like that then it means im their carer, dont mean to sound harsh but I've got things I need to do and I wouldn't be able to because I'd be constantly looking after them.

My entire pay packet would be spent renovating the house because normal door frames are too small, the bathroom would need to be bigger. We'd need a stairlift or we'd have to have the bedroom downstairs.

They often need breathing apparatus. When they fall over I cant get them up by myself and when they do get ill, which is more frequently than most people we need to hire a crane to take off the roof and a full fire crew to lift them out.

And then the doctors will say the exact same thing they did last time: that my spouse has x amount of years left, that they had several heart attacks and a couple of strokes, that they landed in such a way that they are now paralysed because of their weight, that they need to go on a diet, that I'm responsible for their eating habits, that they've got some sort of fungi growing under their flabs of fat, that their muscles and bones have deteriorated to such a degree that a 98yr old woman with arthritis is in far better shape.

I cant do that.

And I'll say that some people are with these people because their size makes them feel better, their spouse might be obese but she looks skinny next to her massive husband. Some people have a fetish and literally fatten these people up. Others were their in-house care workers that got to know them and felt pity for them and married them. Some were there before they got big.
Original post by donte
When they fall over I cant get them up by myself and when they do get ill, which is more frequently than most people we need to hire a crane to take off the roof and a full fire crew to lift them out.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Wouldn't date someone obese let alone morbidly obese. I detest gluttony.
Fat chance.
if you are in love then physical appearance does not matter :h:
Original post by 0to100
Like over 20 stone and immobilised. I was watching this programme about people who are like 800 lbs and **** who are bedridden because of it, and they showed their like bed sores and flesh eating bacteria. One bird got stuck on a toilet, a dude got stuck in the tub, another got stuck in the ****ing car I mean :nothing: strangers had to help each of them, even to just stand up, and meanwhile they've got fairly good looking partners the lot of em?! :K: And they're always like hella embarrassed, one dude had to walk for his bit for like an hr just to avoid fast food shops -__- I'm partially relieved I didn't find any of this hilarious for a change, I was just silenced by shock and pity. But I can't pity em too much, they've got spouses!

How about if they were skinny and got morbidly obese while you were in a long term relationship with them?
This sounds very shallow but I work hard to keep my weight in check and that I'm healthy etc. I'd expect my boyfriend/partner to do the same.

I need to be physically attracted to someone aswell, for me to be in a relationship with them.
Reply 17
Original post by Mrs House
Tbf they look muscular and better...

That was the point

Some of them just look ridiculous though
Reply 18
Not necessarily true, but we have the right to our opinions without making judgements.
Nope, never would even consider.
1)morbidly obese people usually use a ton of medication that has loads of side effects and is usually pretty expensive.2) i accept that in most cases people are morebidly obese because of eating/other disorders but i dont think i will be able to handle that mentaly
3) that means no/not easy traveling, no hiking, no gym etc which are big interests for me
4) no general attraction

Latest

Trending

Trending