The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No pokemon in china.

Feel what it must be like to be old.. completly out of the trend at the moment.

wife is like 'whats a pikiechoo?'
told her its a japanese thing..

That started her mum on a rant about how the whole country is full of perverts.

Old people racism exists everywhere...
Original post by SA-1
Just had a gym battle and got absolutely hammered

Used 6 Pokemon and all got destroyed by a ****ing Hypno ffs

Lol rekt
Gym battles could be better though tbf - you're better off joining a Gym of your own colour rather than beating a rival.

I'm the leader of a Gym in York.
Fite me.
If you're having server problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 Pidgeys and Charmeleon.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
If you're having server problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 Pidgeys and Charmeleon.

I'm in the middle of York with like 50 pokestops around me and I can't connect to the servers :frown:
Reply 7045

Do you actually have a Charmeleon? Finally got enough candy to make my ****ing Drowzee evolve

Such an ugly Pokemon

Original post by Lúcio
Lol rektGym battles could be better though tbf - you're better off joining a Gym of your own colour rather than beating a rival.I'm the leader of a Gym in York.Fite me.

What actually happens when you're leader?
Original post by SA-1
Do you actually have a Charmeleon? Finally got enough candy to make my ****ing Drowzee evolve

Such an ugly Pokemon

Nah, I only started yesterday and am level 5. Will go out shopping when the servers are working again.
Reply 7047
Nah, I only started yesterday and am level 5. Will go out shopping when the servers are working again.

Just drove to ****ing lakeside and when I got there they stopped working
Original post by SA-1

Not exactly sure but I assume they challenge you last?

It takes a few tries to remove a team from a gym so perhaps if you're the leader, you're the last to go?
Original post by SA-1
Just drove to ****ing lakeside and when I got there they stopped working

I'm not sure if they anticipated this being as big as it has been worldwide.

Let's be honest, they've probably made more money already than they will do from the full Pokemon Sun/Moon game later in the year.
That being said, Pokemon fever has hit the world so I reckon sales of Sun/Moon are gonna skyrocket too.

I'm not in to buying/selling shares but anybody who invested in Nintendo must be laughing!!
Reply 7050
Not sure if 10yr old boys or grown men...
Reply 7051
Original post by Lúcio
I'm not sure if they anticipated this being as big as it has been worldwide.

Let's be honest, they've probably made more money already than they will do from the full Pokemon Sun/Moon game later in the year.
That being said, Pokemon fever has hit the world so I reckon sales of Sun/Moon are gonna skyrocket too.

I'm not in to buying/selling shares but anybody who invested in Nintendo must be laughing!!

Nintendo need to give it up

Imagine Konami produce Pokemon, an open world game where you go around catching Pokemon. Battling with the ****ers that you meet and having something similar to ultimate team, where you can compete in tournaments. The more you battle the stronger your Pokemon get.

You'd actually have better control over your Pokemon in battle too..
Original post by Rk2k14
Not sure if 10yr old boys or grown men...

IDC not going out until Servers are working again IDEC
Reply 7053
IDC not going out until Servers are working again IDEC

Make sure you have an adult with you. Dangerous people out there.
Original post by SA-1

Imagine Konami produce Pokemon, an open world game where you go around catching Pokemon. Battling with the ****ers that you meet and having something similar to ultimate team, where you can compete in tournaments. The more you battle the stronger your Pokemon get.

I'm not sure they ever would tbh.

I think this is their first "proper" app release and my God did they do it right.

I bet Apple have made as much (if not more) than Nintendo for this deal.
Original post by SA-1

nah... why though? Nintendo realised a long long time ago that it makes much more sense buisness wise to not ever produce a really amazing pokemon game.

Sure the extra boost in sales from non-pokemon fans would be nice.. but the extra costs from taking a handheld game and making it into a AAA game are pretty substantial.

Right now they have to give the serries minimal investment each year, and yet rake in record sales on each new generation, and sell in numbers other companies can only dream of..

Similar to Fifa.. sure EA could make a better game if they wanted to.. if they really put their minds to it.. but why? most people who would buy it.. will always buy it anyway, regardless of whether it is as good as it is now, or amazingly better.
Technically it's not directly Nintendo's app, Pokemon Go is developed by Niantic and published by The Pokemon Company, but Nintendo own like 30% of The Pokemon Company. Crazy to see how their shares have rocketed in the past week. I hope Pokemon Sun/Moon is really popular this winter and the NX too when it releases next March.
Reply 7057
Don't matter if the **** is weak. Will still sell.
Servers better be back up before M&S close ffs
Servers better be back up before M&S close ffs

This is the most middle class, #firstworldproblems sentence ever said.

Latest