The Student Room Group

Feeling extremly unmotivated and sad

I feel like I am not good enough I feel like nothing we will change.I feel very unmotivated in general.Soon I will sit sixth form entrance exams but I feel like what is the point of studying I am stupid I doubt I will get to the sixth form I want.My parents want me to became a doctor I used to want to became one too however, I realised that I don't want to be around dying people or feel responsible for someone's death or feel like I did not do enough for someone thus they died.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Dear Anonymous1502,

I totally relate to how you feel. The best advice anyone will give you is to sit down with your parents and explain with honesty how much distress the prospect of becoming a doctor is causing you as the they probably don't know. That may be why you don't feel motivated to do anything as you feel as if you are being forced to pursue something you have no passion for. Consider a career path that excites you and makes you want to put in the long hours.
As for getting into sixth form and your lack of motivation, it may be a confidence issue. Trust me when I say that if you set your mind to something and put in the hours, you will increase your chances of achieving your goal, although you can never guarantee anything. If your mood is consistently low and sombre, let your parents know how you feel and seek help.
Hope this helps :smile:
Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetton. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, **** a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion if u dont want to be a doctor, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and **** what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said..

Haters gonna hate!
Original post by Anonymous1502
I feel like I am not good enough I feel like nothing we will change.I feel very unmotivated in general.Soon I will sit sixth form entrance exams but I feel like what is the point of studying I am stupid I doubt I will get to the sixth form I want.My parents want me to became a doctor I used to want to became one too however, I realised that I don't want to be around dying people or feel responsible for someone's death or feel like I did not do enough for someone thus they died.

What might you not be good enough for?

You did well enough, you were motivated enough, to start this thread. You may think that a small thing, but it is still an achievement in the context of what you have posted. Some people can't get out of bed, let alone get to a PC and operate it.

Do you take exercise? Go for a jog, even a brisk walk, get the endorphins working, and see if you feel differently.
Original post by Davide_online
What might you not be good enough for?

You did well enough, you were motivated enough, to start this thread. You may think that a small thing, but it is still an achievement in the context of what you have posted. Some people can't get out of bed, let alone get to a PC and operate it.

Do you take exercise? Go for a jog, even a brisk walk, get the endorphins working, and see if you feel differently.

Not good enough to get straight A's for gcse,to get A/A*'s for A level to got to oxbridge,to get into the sixth form I want to go to,for my parents.I am a disgrace who will never achieve anything I will never be good enough for my parents or for myself.I will never achieve my hopes and dreams and I know it.I don't believe in myself I think I am stupid and that is the truth.
Original post by Anonymous1502
Not good enough to get straight A's for gcse,to get A/A*'s for A level to got to oxbridge,to get into the sixth form I want to go to,for my parents.I am a disgrace who will never achieve anything I will never be good enough for my parents or for myself.I will never achieve my hopes and dreams and I know it.I don't believe in myself I think I am stupid and that is the truth.

Straightness can be overrated IMO.

Being bent, a little twisted even, can be more interesting (:

Not getting into Oxbridge, or the sixth form of your initial choice, need not be a disaster. I didn't get into Oxbridge. I was rejected: "likeable but not, at interview, formidably able' were the words I recall from the admissions tutor. I survived.

There are paths other than achievement. Make peace inside yourself, look for inspiration rather than aspiration, smile sometimes.

At this time you are inclined to define yourself as 'stupid' etc.

"To define is to limit". (Oscar Wilde)

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" (William Blake).

Embrace the stupidity long enough, or fully enough, and you may find you approach the palace.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending