The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 34908seikj
Damn, how'd you get ones with such high CP. The highest I've seen at a gym was 1000+ and my highest is 236... :frown:

108 Pokemon, clearly played a lot, I assume lives in a city

Posted from TSR Mobile
What else can you do with eggs apart from incubating them and walking to allow them to hatch?

I'm on level 5 but I haven't battled yet. Would you choose a pokemon with a high CP to battle at the gym?

What do you use potions for?

How do I get a pikachu without starting over?

Where can I see the candies that I've got from transferring?

If I leave my pokemon at the gym and lose, do I lose that pokemon too?

Thank you!
Original post by Jammy Duel

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 16 lol ;(
Original post by Jammy Duel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol most of my pokemon are duplicates like pidgey rattata dratini

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
What else can you do with eggs apart from incubating them and walking to allow them to hatch?

I'm on level 5 but I haven't battled yet. Would you choose a pokemon with a high CP to battle at the gym?

What do you use potions for?

How do I get a pikachu without starting over?

Where can I see the candies that I've got from transferring?

If I leave my pokemon at the gym and lose, do I lose that pokemon too?

Thank you!

1. What else can you do with the eggs? Nothing, your meant to walk around to hatch them into a pokemon.

2. Look at the other pokemons cp in the gym. I would choose a high one to battle. (Not sure if true but if you use it to battle can you still place it in the gym?)

3. Have you played the normal pokemon games? When you battle a gym and your pokemon loses some health, you use the potion to restore some of its health.

4. Either in a 2km egg or you just find it walking around.

5. Depends what pokemon you transered. Say you transfered a pidgey you go on a pidgey you have to see how many you have.

6. No you just have to use a revive on it.
Original post by Kholmes1
1. What else can you do with the eggs? Nothing, your meant to walk around to hatch them into a pokemon.

2. Look at the other pokemons cp in the gym. I would choose a high one to battle. (Not sure if true but if you use it to battle can you still place it in the gym?)

3. Have you played the normal pokemon games? When you battle a gym and your pokemon loses some health, you use the potion to restore some of its health.

4. Either in a 2km egg or you just find it walking around.

5. Depends what pokemon you transered. Say you transfered a pidgey you go on a pidgey you have to see how many you have.

6. No you just have to use a revive on it.

thanks man
newbie :smile:
Original post by 34908seikj
Damn, how'd you get ones with such high CP. The highest I've seen at a gym was 1000+ and my highest is 236... :frown:

Powerlevel your trainer up as fast as possible so you can capture naturally-high CP pokemon in the wild, preferrably 1st tier evolutions. Evolving roughly doubles their CP (or more), so that's where you can get the big numbers.

For example I'm trainer level 14, and around 50% of the pokemon I come across are 200+, more often around level 300. Eevee's almost triple their CP upon evolving, so its especially worthwhile saving their candies until you get some really high level eevees to evolve
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Architecture-er
Powerlevel your trainer up as fast as possible so you can capture naturally-high CP pokemon in the wild, preferrably 1st tier evolutions. Evolving roughly doubles their CP (or more), so that's where you can get the big numbers.

For example I'm trainer level 14, and around 50% of the pokemon I come across are 200+, more often around level 300. Eevee's almost triple their CP upon evolving, so its especially worthwhile saving their candies until you get some really high level eevees to evolve

Thanks!

What about be a high level eve? I have one at 107cp.
Original post by GothicShield
Lol most of my pokemon are duplicates like pidgey rattata dratini

You are supposedly low level and have multiple dratini...

SEND COORDINATES PLEASE
Annoyingly there is only one pokestop in my village with 4G, the next village about a mile down the road has 2 and a gym, but it seems to be where 2 phone masts overlap with the stops and gym being in the patches of no network >: (

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not had time to play too much so far so only got 4 pokemon and I'm not at a high enough level to go to the gym yet. Having said that I have passed 3 pokestops so far and only found a pokemon outside one of them which hasn't helped, I've found more in my house.
Original post by nexttime
You are supposedly low level and have multiple dratini...

SEND COORDINATES PLEASE

Lol theres like this area next to me in london where a lot of dratini pop up

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I was walking to sainsbury and on my way ran into a Jynx. I threw the pokeball caught it and
either the game froze/glitched or something wrong on my part because I literally saw the pokeball
move in the direction I was originally walking in.

I had to close the app and restart it. :rip: @Jynx
So gutted pokemon GO only started working this evening! I had so many plans to become a pokemaster in my free time this afternoon...
Mines still not connecting to the serverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
So I was walking to sainsbury and on my way ran into a Jynx. I threw the pokeball caught it and
either the game froze/glitched or something wrong on my part because I literally saw the pokeball
move in the direction I was originally walking in.

I had to close the app and restart it. :rip: @Jynx

I have a few jynx... when they allow trading ill give you one : )

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do I get the app its not in the app store???
Original post by GothicShield
I have a few jynx... when they allow trading ill give you one : )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where pokemon go where is it where is it???? Its not in the android store
Original post by Youngmillionare
How do I get the app its not in the app store???

Yes it is?

Edit here it is for android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo&hl=en_GB
Reply 639
Anyone else having issues logging in? I can never get on first attempt.

Quick Reply

Latest