The Student Room Group

Applying to a Marketing and Sociology degre without their subjects?

I want to apply to marketing degree and i have the possibility to do dual honors with a Sociology degree as well.... Do you guys think they will accept me with if I don't have either an A-level in business or Sociology??
Ps: I do have BTEC business and IT though.. As well as A level Spanish and Biology
Please help !!!
Original post by Chazeyourself
I want to apply to marketing degree and i have the possibility to do dual honors with a Sociology degree as well.... Do you guys think they will accept me with if I don't have either an A-level in business or Sociology??
Ps: I do have BTEC business and IT though.. As well as A level Spanish and Biology
Please help !!!

Unless they specify those subjects in their requirements, then you will not be at a disadvantage. By no means all schools offer those subjects at A level.
But i guess is very unlikely for me to get in with only B.business as the stronghold...what did you apply for? Im kinda lost im pressured by my religion not ti go to uni...but im 100% sure i will!!

Then i have an offer in Nursing but dont wanna take thay course...
Reply 3
Please help !!!

You don't need A-level (or BTEC) Business to do a Marketing degree
e.g. https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-hons-marketing
But it will be the same at most (all?) other universities

And you don't need A-level (or BTEC) Sociology to do a Sociology degree
e.g. https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/ba-hons-sociology
It will be the same at most (all?) other universities

The same will apply to a joint honours course.

What grades do you expect to get?
Original post by jneill
You don't need A-level (or BTEC) Business to do a Marketing degree
e.g. https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-hons-marketing
But it will be the same at most (all?) other universities

And you don't need A-level (or BTEC) Sociology to do a Sociology degree
e.g. https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/ba-hons-sociology
It will be the same at most (all?) other universities

The same will apply to a joint honours course.

What grades do you expect to get?

I got distinction star for both btec and hopefully A in spanish and B in biology... I just dont make the mistake to apply to this course and get rejected later for not been in favourable position....but ill still try because thats what i want to do as career
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
I got distinction star for both btec and hopefully A in spanish and B in biology... I just dont make the mistake to apply to this course and get rejected later for not been in favourable position....but ill still try because thats what i want to do as career

So you are waiting for your A-level grades next month? Which universities are you considering?

Have you started your UCAS application yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
So you are waiting for your A-level grades next month? Which universities are you considering?

Have you started your UCAS application yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already have some unis in mind and have called them to be sure😎........Im planing to get a job by septemeber to see if that experince could help as well somehow😕

The thing im most precupied about is to gain knowledge in that aspect so im gonna get some A level books in business and study on my own....
Are you also studying marketing??If yes do you enjoy it?
Reply 7
I already have some unis in mind and have called them to be sure😎........Im planing to get a job by septemeber to see if that experince could help as well somehow😕

I'm confused. When are you finishing your A-levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending