The Student Room Group

Do you consider BBB grades at alevel bad ?

Chemistry maths and physics

Scroll to see replies

Depends on where you want to go man. How good grades are, are relative to the person who's receiving them. If BBB is sufficient to get onto the course you need then go for it.

If you think that you could have done better and you didn't achieve your full potential than you may view BBB as not being good.
Reply 2
Certainly not. Those are 3 tough A-Levels too. Well done!
People on tsr will try and put you down but realise this, it's not all about straight academics but how you can transition to working life. Outside of academia I would say in the vast majority of graduate schemes your grades have no/little bearing on the ability to do your job. Just try and compensate in other ways like researching and being more passionate about the career you want to go into and set a target, laying out steps to get there. You can definitely be successful with those grades
If it's something u tried really hard for and is enough to get you where you want its really good. If it were someone who should be getting A/A* then yes ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, they are good! All that really matters though is that they get you where you need/want to be, e.g. your chosen degree course
B is good considering that the average is a C.

However, a B in Maths is bad because more than 50% of people get an A or an A*.
Reply 7
I actually finished my a levels and I just finished my second year, do graduate companies look a lot into alevel grades ? Does anyone know ?

Thank you everyone for their replies ! It's greatly appreciated.
Reply 8
Btw I'm studying chemistry at uni if anyone wants to know 😀
Reply 9
Original post by Laylamo
Chemistry maths and physics

Looking at it those overall, it's just above average but not bad at all.
However the grade distribution in maths is off towards higher grades compared to other subjects, and a large number get an A or above. Therefore B in maths is an average grade.
Still good though well done!
I wish I could get BBB..
No they're amazing! Don't let tsr influence you or put you down. Aslong as thoes grades get you into the course you want and you feel you have done the best you could have done in that subject they're great :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Abstract_Prism
B is good considering that the average is a C.

However, a B in Maths is bad because more than 50% of people get an A or an A*.

Nope it's less than 50% (full statistics here) and is in fact average.
That's 300 UCAS points. For the majority of graduate positions, that's enough. I wouldn't worry too much. Focus on your degree and getting some extra curricular experience if you can, like societies or a part time job. (helps your application look better and more to talk about in interviews)

Original post by Laylamo
I actually finished my a levels and I just finished my second year, do graduate companies look a lot into alevel grades ? Does anyone know ?

Thank you everyone for their replies ! It's greatly appreciated.
It depends on what you aspire to, and what you're capable of achieving. If the conditions for your offers are BCC and you're exceeding it by two grades, to do your dream course, that's an excellent grade. If you intend to go to Oxford for a Mathematics/Physics degree, then it wouldn't be excellent.

It looks like this is way too far in the past to actually matter for you though, are you happy at the particular instutition you're studying at?
Reply 15
Original post by Rather_Cynical
It depends on what you aspire to, and what you're capable of achieving. If the conditions for your offers are BCC and you're exceeding it by two grades, to do your dream course, that's an excellent grade. If you intend to go to Oxford for a Mathematics/Physics degree, then it wouldn't be excellent.
It looks like this is way too far in the past to actually matter for you though, are you happy at the particular instutition you're studying at?

It's a Russell group but not really the best at all in my opinion
I wouldn't lament on it too much. If you were accepted into somewhere like London Met but you could've done (much) better, then you might want to consider retaking some of your modules lol
Reply 17
Is it too late to still retake some Alevel modules lol
Original post by Laylamo
Is it too late to still retake some Alevel modules lol

No, one last chance next year for AQA students
No, mine were much worse.

Quick Reply

Latest