The Student Room Group

Made my home made sketchbook. Need ideas what to draw

After all that hard work to sewed papers together, I just dont know what to draw. I just cant think of theme - I've done Alevel Fine Art before xDD
Do you know any website or something that would help me to start with? Appreciated if you do!! :biggrin:
[video="youtube;0dI5b8Q82Vw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dI5b8Q82Vw[/video]

https://www.artstation.com/
Reply 2
Original post by Ordo
After all that hard work to sewed papers together, I just dont know what to draw. I just cant think of theme - I've done Alevel Fine Art before xDD
Do you know any website or something that would help me to start with? Appreciated if you do!! :biggrin:

What exactly are you interested in and what is your art style?

Most of my recent sketchbooks (from 2yrs ago) were filled with sketches of daily objects, in particular human anatomy and figure drawings. Sometimes I even went around Pinterest, google images and drew random pictures to get better.

I'd recommed going on DeviantArt, it has a good art community, plus there are lots of guides :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by kkboyk
What exactly are you interested in and what is your art style?

Most of my recent sketchbooks (from 2yrs ago) were filled with sketches of daily objects, in particular human anatomy and figure drawings. Sometimes I even went around Pinterest, google images and drew random pictures to get better.

I'd recommed going on DeviantArt, it has a good art community, plus there are lots of guides :tongue:

Mainly graphite drawings but I might include ink calligraphy, white + black charcoal. Projects that I done: - human/animal anatomy- Duality/segregation and manipulation over populations. - politics and religions and falls of church/Mosque- war between israel and palestine. In summary I like politics, religions, human/animal anatomy. I heard of this website yes ok I will have a look thanks :biggrin:

@Cremated_Spatula Thanks but I would like to focus on one theme per sketchbook. Any ideas??? I dont like drawing human figures except anatomy. Something I can easily access to drawing on first hand observations
Perhaps you could make your sketchbook more of a journal? That way you can experiment with different themes and lots of different styles. Try something you don't usually draw like hands or whatever to see if you can improve rather than doing the same old :-)
Original post by Ordo
Mainly graphite drawings but I might include ink calligraphy, white + black charcoal. Projects that I done: - human/animal anatomy- Duality/segregation and manipulation over populations. - politics and religions and falls of church/Mosque- war between israel and palestine. In summary I like politics, religions, human/animal anatomy. I heard of this website yes ok I will have a look thanks :biggrin:

@Cremated_Spatula Thanks but I would like to focus on one theme per sketchbook. Any ideas??? I dont like drawing human figures except anatomy. Something I can easily access to drawing on first hand observations

Ah okay, observation drawings might go along like this.
-Plant-life
-Animals & Insects
-Human Anatomy (+Figures & Expressions)
-Landscape
-Architecture & Machinery

What about visual representations of well-known poems, idioms, fables or ideologies? Maybe do pages on your favourite historical periods or figures?
Reply 6
@saladays and @Cremated_Spatula

Thanks for reply. :smile:
I will make brainstorm and decide to go for one theme or maybe more than one! XDD

Quick Reply