The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Scholarship for Developed Countries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Denizghfr
Hi,
Mine is also like yours. I think this means they rejected our application.

Really? :frown: Maybe they're just doing some website maintenance? I feel like emailing CSC, but I don't know.
I searched the web. They have mentioned this on their FAQ page. Here is the link:

http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/eas-faqs-applicants.pdf
I searched the web. They have mentioned this on their FAQ page. Here is the link:

Wow.
🙁🙁🙁
:frown: I don't know what to say other than that was such a quick rejection. :frown:

rexpidly - maybe your luck is better?*
Original post by paperdoorway
:frown: I don't know what to say other than that was such a quick rejection. :frown:

rexpidly - maybe your luck is better?*

Mine is gone too. It's a very tough competition, and there are many worthy candidates. I heard they needed to rush the process through this year because of how late the offers are going out. I think the decision went straight to the Commissioners, and bypassed the the stage of consultation with experts in relevant fields.
Really? :frown: Maybe they're just doing some website maintenance? I feel like emailing CSC, but I don't know.

If you end up emailing please post the answer here, if you don't mind.
Original post by rexpidly
Mine is gone too. It's a very tough competition, and there are many worthy candidates. I heard they needed to rush the process through this year because of how late the offers are going out. I think the decision went straight to the Commissioners, and bypassed the the stage of consultation with experts in relevant fields.

You're right, but the rejection just came so quickly, it's very disappointing. I will try to keep hope until maybe Tuesday at which point I may email them and will let you all know. :frown:

You're right, but the rejection just came so quickly, it's very disappointing. I will try to keep hope until maybe Tuesday at which point I may email them and will let you all know. :frown:

Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope your alternative source of funding is enough to get you through.
Mine vanished as well. Such is life.
Original post by willofadelaide
Mine vanished as well. Such is life.

that's too bad. hopefully you can still take up your offer.
Hi guys! So I emailed the Commission, and good news! Our applications disappearing is nothing to worry about. Here is the response from them:

"This automatically happened 28 days following the closing date. Your application is still under consideration. Results expected at the end of July.

EAS Team"

:biggrin:**
Hi guys! So I emailed the Commission, and good news! Our applications disappearing is nothing to worry about. Here is the response from them:

"This automatically happened 28 days following the closing date. Your application is still under consideration. Results expected at the end of July.

EAS Team"

So there is still hope. Your hunch was right. Thanks for emailing the EAS team.
They also emailed and said the selection committee is meeting today to evaluate applications. We should know the result by end of next week.

EAS Team"

Thanks for keeping us posted.
They also emailed and said the selection committee is meeting today to evaluate applications. We should know the result by end of next week.

Very helpful to know. Thanks again!
Reply 36
Original post by rexpidly
There should not be an interview for this scholarship.

Look at the flow diagram on page 2 of this document to see who applications are processed:
http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/eas-guide-agencies-deadlines-quotas.pdf

This isn't for Developed Countries.
Reply 37

Good work! Thanks!
Reply 38

That is for a different type of scholarship. It's a nerve wracking long shot, but we'll just have to be patient. If they had the meeting yesterday, it's all done and dusted now anyway!
Original post by Mimbo
This isn't for Developed Countries.

I think it applies to developed countries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending