The Student Room Group

Didn't put a paper reference on my exam

basically in my AQA RS exam we got the separate AQA red booklet to answer in, I filled in obviously my centre, candidate number etc but I just didn't put down a paper reference. I wasn't too fussed (obviously considering it was nearly 2 months ago) but I keep having dreams about getting a U in RS because of it lmao it's just playing on my mind. Should I speak to my school, the exam board? Do you think the school checks all the papers before sending them off? Would AQA trace back or something? idk
Your school will check all papers for the front information and write/correct anything missing. Invigilators have a quick glance to see your name and candidate number. As long as those two are there, your result will be accurate.
Doesn't matter- I didn't do it in a lot of exams because honestly I couldn't be bothered
Reply 3
Original post by Certified
Your school will check all papers for the front information and write/correct anything missing. Invigilators have a quick glance to see your name and candidate number. As long as those two are there, your result will be accurate.

Original post by ScienceFantatic
Doesn't matter- I didn't do it in a lot of exams because honestly I couldn't be bothered

alright thankyou!
Original post by caitlinford3
basically in my AQA RS exam we got the separate AQA red booklet to answer in, I filled in obviously my centre, candidate number etc but I just didn't put down a paper reference. I wasn't too fussed (obviously considering it was nearly 2 months ago) but I keep having dreams about getting a U in RS because of it lmao it's just playing on my mind. Should I speak to my school, the exam board? Do you think the school checks all the papers before sending them off? Would AQA trace back or something? idk

I did this in the exact same exam as well loool :biggrin: I think it will be ok ... If its not we can cry about our u grades together hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by leopard923
I did this in the exact same exam as well loool :biggrin: I think it will be ok ... If its not we can cry about our u grades together hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

LMAO i'll be fuming if i get a U because of it

If your script is lost, I have no doubt you or your school will be contacted, because it is a pretty severe occurance, if that is the case, and I don't think you'll just be slapped with a U. :smile:

Otherwise, the invigilator may have written the paper reference for you, when they check papers at the end of the exam before sending them away for processing/marking.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Sorry babe you're definitely getting a U. :console:

Same ! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Did you end up getting a u or did it not affect your grade? I'm just wondering since I recently did that and just realised today

LOL same instead of writing the reference paper number i wrote the paper number (there was some barcode crap on the pink booklet idek why i wrote that) so my reference number is bullshet and because i couldnt even fill that in correctly i probably will get a U anyway :c
Reply 11
Original post by Chidowee
LOL same instead of writing the reference paper number i wrote the paper number (there was some barcode crap on the pink booklet idek why i wrote that) so my reference number is bullshet and because i couldnt even fill that in correctly i probably will get a U anyway :c

It least you wrote something. I had an exam prior to my history exam, that finished when history was about to start and I had a 10 minute break before starting my history exam so I wouldn't do it back to back. That meant I missed the speech the invigilators make about filling out everything. Only today in my second history paper I realised I didn't write the paper reference. And now I'm really worried.
Reply 12
hi just a follow up from 2 years in the future, I did this today on my sociology exam.

will I be alright?
Reply 13
yeah i got an A lol
Original post by alliah
hi just a follow up from 2 years in the future, I did this today on my sociology exam.

will I be alright?

Quick Reply

Latest