The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually worried for the perpetrators,that Erdogan might execute them and use this opportunity to solidify his grip on the country.
I don't support the coup but I'm not a big fan of Erdogan.

Insha'Allah he makes good use of his power as he is a better option than the coup by far. Just pray insha'Allah.

Original post by IdeasForLife
I would disagree but then you would disagree right back so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I am sorry, I don't why this made me laugh. :colondollar:

I need to work on a few of these.

[video="youtube;oWhKls0QPUY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWhKls0QPUY[/video]

JazakAllah Khair. I felt quite peaceful listening to it. May Allah help you achieve the good deeds and us all. Ameen. :smile:
Does anyone here do Physics?
Reply 163

@Leukocyte already posted link for this news. It is sad what happened and one should not take someone's life that. Allah knows best and will be the judge.
@IdeasForLife what? where?
Original post by Reformed
it depends what those names are. its hardly a subject for argument to suggest isoc should not be a place for name calling and bullying, and any such should be reported. i was expecting a raft of replies in agreement ......

You are moving the goal posts - your initial post entailed reporting fellow Muslims for extemism, and now this post relates to name calling.
Original post by h333
@Leukocyte already posted link for this news. It is sad what happened and one should not take someone's life that. Allah knows best and will be the judge.

His sister! :h:
Original post by Axel Johann
Does anyone here do Physics?

Just finished AS :smile:
Original post by champ_mc99
Just finished AS :smile:

OOh have you done Nuclear Decay?

And good luck for results day man!
Reply 169
Original post by PrincessBO$$
His sister! :h:

what do you mean sis? As in it was his sister..yes I know that.

i remember seeing a bbc report on this woman about two weeks ago, when she talked about trying to promote a modern more equal and more safe status for women in pakistan, by refusing to sucumb to requirements to stay indoors in curfew, wear hijab etc. was being portrayed as another Malala ( in a more adult sense). sad to hear shes been murdered, but i suppose pakistan is not a safe place to make public statements about human rights and honor killings

I have no idea tbh. But please don't try to bring Islam into this (you may not be in this case) because one can't kill someone like that. I can't really generalise a country like that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Axel Johann
OOh have you done Nuclear Decay?

And good luck for results day man!

Yeah I have. Wbu?

Thanks and Jazakallah.
Reply 171
no, its more really a reference to pakistani society as a woman. i dont really know if the same scenario would be the case in all other islamic societies, what is your experience?

Oh ok I see. Well as far as I know it can actually happen anywhere and I personally do not associate it with certain locations etc, if you get me. As this has been in existence in probably almost all societies, islamic (although there is no proper islamic society I believe today by law) or non islamic, from time back. Also, it actually has more to do with people overthinking about what the society approves, hence feel this action is appropriate. So basically they care more about this world and the fear of gossip etc of society towards them, than actually their creator and the value of seeking patience. I hope this makes sense.
(edited 7 years ago)
Are my vm's still blocked?

Yep.
Original post by champ_mc99
Yep.

I really don't know what is wrong with them. I double checked my settings last week too because others weren't able to message. :holmes:

Anyway, you said something like "idc if you hate Islam!". So that's why I jokingly said salty :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
I really don't know what is wrong with them. I double checked my settings last week too because others weren't to message. :holmes:

Anyway, you said something like "idc if you hate Islam!". So that's why I jokingly said salty :tongue:

Oh right. I wasn't pissed. You just read it in a different tone. :tongue:
WTH when did this thread start?
An open question to all brothers and sisters here[and even our non-muslim friends who could share some valuable points on one or two of these]:

How do you make sure you do what you say. By this i mean, setting a goal and actually following it through ? [it sounds so simple, but it's so hard to do in practise ]

How do you stop getting angry, even if you are on the right about an issue ?

How do you deal with doubts raised, be it by an atheist , or a muslim, about the religion which makes you say, you know what, that's actually made me think ?

I would love to try and some some collective ideas going on here. Each of us here have our own valuable experiences, and inshAllah hopefully we can learn and share them
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't forget to make dua for the Muslims in Iraq who have been forgotten by the world. They're stuck between ISIS and a regime which has no problem butchering them in the hundreds.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
An open question to all brothers and sisters here:

How do you make sure you do what you say. By this i mean, setting a goal and actually following it through ? [it sounds so simple, but it's so hard to do in practise ]

This one is quite hard actually as sometimes life/things can get in the way.
But I always have a weekly review. Whereby I can see where my weakness was or strength. And alhamdulilah this has served me quite well on a spiritual and personal level.

How do you stop getting angry, even if you are on the right about an issue ?

I don't often get angry but I do sometimes and that is a big weakness.
Usually I remove myself from the situation, or even swallow the anger and find something else to do.

How do you deal with doubts raised, be it by an atheist , or a muslim, about the religion which makes you say, you know what, that's actually made me think ?

I never let doubts fester and alhamduliah I'm firm and I always pray to be strong in iman.
So far there isn't a question raised to me or by myself that I haven't found an answer for. And the thing I'm grateful for is that there are many local sources that can help me with my questions.
So I do always ask and I do always seek answer and pray to the one in whose hands is my heart that he keeps me steadfast.
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raijoon

I remember I posted about this before but I didn't know the number of deaths was so high.

Original post by AlifunArnab
Up to 900 refugees from Fallujah feared dead after being kidnapped by anti-Isis [Shia extremists] militia in Iraq

'Up to 900 men and boys who fled their homes near Isis’ former stronghold of Fallujah remain missing in Iraq after being abducted by a militia accused of torturing, shooting and beheading civilians.

The United Nations said captives who have since been freed by the paramilitary group reported a litany of war crimes and atrocities after they sought refuge from battles between Isis and Iraqi forces last month.

Those abducted had been among 8,000 civilians who fled the village of Saqlawiyah, north of Fallujah, as fighting intensified on 1 June.'
Rest of the article is here : http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/fallujah-isis-iraq-shia-militias-popular-mobilisation-battle-civilians-kidnapped-missing-massacred-a7121266.html

These are the so called 'saviours' of Iraq.

Original post by AlifunArnab
'Shia militia ‘kill 300 civilians near Fallujah’
'The United Nations has warned of “extremely distressing, credible reports” that Iraqi men and boys fleeing Fallujah had been tortured, and some killed, by forces supposedly liberating them from the Islamic State.

Iraqi forces are battling to retake the city, which is 30 miles west of Baghdad and was Isis’s first major conquest before its declaration of a caliphate in 2014. Tens of thousands of federal police officers, Iranian-backed militiamen, counter-terrorism squads and soldiers attacked the city from three sides supported by US-led coalition war planes.

Hundreds of civilians who have fled the fighting were released from temporary detention north…'

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/shia-militia-kill-300-civilians-near-fallujah-7l7nqnmvk

So called liberators of the Iraqi people killing those they claim to liberate.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest