The Student Room Group

How privileged are you?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/how-privileged-are-you?utm_term=.xkmZDzWqo#.wopzJavLy

Apparently I'm 'Not Privileged At All'. I don't know what to make of that. Scored 30/100.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You live with 27 out of 100 points of privilege.You’re not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You’ve had your fair share of struggles, and you’ve worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

Spoiler

Reply 2
You shouldn't feel anything but the urge to facepalm at a nonsense Buzzfeed quiz.
84 wtffffffffffff
I'm "not privileged at all" too, though I have always thought that I had certain privileges and lacked some. My score was 48 out of 100.
11/100! That’s what you get if you’re a working-class, coloured, Muslim (not anymore) woman aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

i had that too sadly :redface:
The questions were all similiar tho :tongue:
Reply 9
I also got "I'm not privileged at all", which I think is a load of shite.

Just because you don't go on holiday every year, you rely on public transport and you have student loans doesn't make you 'not privileged'. In fact, only very, very rich people would have had their parents pay for their tuition, or to come out debt free, or to have gone on holiday every year, etc.

This quiz is utterly stupid and makes people think they can use the 'I'm not privileged herr herr' card. Buzzfeed is insane and clearly do not live in the real world and understand what 'not being privileged' really would be. Because their tick sheet is nowhere near it.
What a load of BS. The only question should be are you parents rich.
Original post by wildleaves
What a load of BS. The only question should be are you parents rich.

Or, if you’re white.
Or, if you’re male.
Or, if you’re heterosexual.
Or, if you aren’t criticised for your body.
Or, if you’re mentally and physically stable.

Privilege is not based on how much money you have to spend, it’s based on many factors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dexterminate
11/100! That’s what you get if you’re a working-class, coloured, Muslim (not anymore) woman aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a former Muslim woman of colour too, that must have lost me a lot of points :tongue:
58 out of a hundred points. Not bad for a disabled working class female, I think
70/100 - Quite privileged :tongue:
But I refuse to be made to feel guilty for any of it at all, which has been attempted in the past.
Lol I got 83 but I imagine as I got older it would decrease. It's BS but at the same time it has serious undertones.
Original post by celloel
I also got "I'm not privileged at all", which I think is a load of shite.

Just because you don't go on holiday every year, you rely on public transport and you have student loans doesn't make you 'not privileged'. In fact, only very, very rich people would have had their parents pay for their tuition, or to come out debt free, or to have gone on holiday every year, etc.

This quiz is utterly stupid and makes people think they can use the 'I'm not privileged herr herr' card. Buzzfeed is insane and clearly do not live in the real world and understand what 'not being privileged' really would be. Because their tick sheet is nowhere near it.

Pretty much this. The only true definition of being privileged is having more than enough money to live in luxury e.g. Having all your bills paid for you even when you're of working age, buying shiny new things every day with daddy's money, never lifting a finger or having to worry about real world problems (which you've perfectly described).

The list assumes that if you're white you've never been bullied or that you're automatically privileged which is nonsense. I've seen, and to this day, still see many white kids be bullied by other minorities. Buzzfeed unfortunately seem to be playing on stereotypes which isn't helpful at all.
58/100

Surprisingly

56 quite privileged
Original post by dexterminate
Or, if you’re white.
Or, if you’re male.
Or, if you’re heterosexual.
Or, if you aren’t criticised for your body.
Or, if you’re mentally and physically stable.

Privilege is not based on how much money you have to spend, it’s based on many factors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm interested in how these factors are decided...

Quick Reply

Latest