The Student Room Group

The Prime Minister is running scared of a general election - PETITION!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Supersaps
I apologise, I might be being a bit dense here but I haven't been able to find it after reading through the thread, hence my posting.

Do you think you could link me to the post or do a brief summary of the reasons Labour would win a GE with particular reference to the Scottish, NE and Welsh communities?

SS

Post #68.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JayB4098
I'd imagine it's mostly just sore Remainers who want to try punish the Government for the referendum result in any way they can and live in hope of an alternative Government being elected to call off the triggering of Article 50. But you're right, it would make absolutely no sense to call a general election so soon, considering that the Conservatives were elected last year with the referendum as part of their manifesto. They're only whining because the Leave vote was the 'wrong' answer.

Hear hear
Original post by Rakas21
I signed the petition but only because Labour will never be weaker. If we hold an election now, it will be nothing short of a massacre for Labour.

They might be even weaker by 2020 if Corbyn remains leader.
FROM TODAYS GUARDIAN:

Worth noting that BOTH challengers to Corbyn now are calling for SECOND referendum

From Guardian:"Smith, who has promised that Labour will campaign for a second referendum on the terms of Brexit, further claims that “in his heart of hearts” he believes that a credible Labour party under his leadership could still keep Britain in the EU despite last month’s vote."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/16/owen-smith-angela-eagle-labour-contest-anti-corbyn

This is along side LibDems, Greens and rump True Conservatives that that include Ken Clarke (Not anti-immgrants types who should really be in UKIP).I honestly do not think its over until the fat lady sings and way beyond that - do not let the quasi-fascist may-ites take over the country in a silent Coup d'etate(no one voted for her or her manifesto - not even the 150,000 tory members, no one in the entire country - where is the democracy???)

GET MAY OUT AND THE EU IN!!!(at least the EU had 48% - what vote did May get? NONE)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by welshiee
vote corbyn!!!

could you write a bit bigger please ? *
the thing is we had a Vote & the people's will was made clear. It would be undemocratic to have another go just because of a personnel change.*

it would set a terrible precedent if the result of a Vote were ignored; the losers should just accept their failure with good grace and wait until 2020.

Spoiler

Original post by the bear
the thing is we had a Vote & the people's will was made clear. It would be undemocratic to have another go just because of a personnel change.*

it would set a terrible precedent if the result of a Vote were ignored; the losers should just accept their failure with good grace and wait until 2020.

Spoiler

That is incorrect.

The REMAINers are not asking for the Mayites to stop Brexit, they are instead asking to decide weather they support the EXIT terms. This is a different referendum.

Before we had to GUESS what Brexit would entail and was DEFINITELY NOT DEMOCRATIC - as we had no idea WHAT WE WERE ACTUALLY VOTING FOR.

With the SECOND referendum, we will KNOW what we will be voting for or against.

In fact "bear" if you are against it it would make you the 'fascist' and undemocratic person because you would be stopping your fellow man and woman from making a RATIONAL decision based on FACTUAL information.
Original post by FredOrJohn
That is incorrect.

The REMAINers are not asking for the Mayites to stop Brexit, they are instead asking to decide weather they support the EXIT terms. This is a different referendum.

Before we had to GUESS what Brexit would entail and was DEFINITELY NOT DEMOCRATIC - as we had no idea WHAT WE WERE ACTUALLY VOTING FOR.

In fact "bear" if you are against it it would make you the 'fascist' and undemocratic person because you would be stopping your fellow man and woman from making a RATIONAL decision based on FACTUAL information.

You're deluded.

The vote was simple. "Should Britain remain part of the EU". The country voted. It said no. Was it a close call? Yes. Does that change anything? Not a single ****ing thing.

I'm sorry you lost, but your fixation with it is now bordering on unhealthy.

There will be no GE nor second EU referendum in the short or long term. *****ing on a student forum won't change that.
(edited 7 years ago)
That is incorrect.

gimme a while... it is difficult to READ your "post" with the MIXturE of LETteR sIZes *
gimme a while... it is difficult to READ your "post" with the MIXturE of LETteR sIZes *

He's cute when he gets riled up. Acts like an emo 13yr old on MSN messenger.
Original post by Drewski
You're deluded.

The vote was simple. "Should Britain remain part of the EU". The country voted. It said no. Was it a close call? Yes. Does that change anything? Not a single ****ing thing.

I'm sorry you lost, but your fixation with it is now bordering on unhealthy.

No you are being an internet bully!

The PAPERS are still full of BREXIT news items - on front page.

For you to call on me to stop posting BREXIT posts every day while the national press is still posting BREXIT posts every day is BULLYING - you and the group of UKIP posters are in fact bulling!.

We know that the majority of students are Pro-REMAIN and its really weird that is board has been taken over by UKIP posters. Its not that unlike Momentum taking over Labour.

You should stop bullying REMAIN posters and instead write your own BREXIT posts.

I am surprised you are allowed by TSR to every single day bully me and my REMAIN posts.
Original post by Drewski
He's cute when he gets riled up. Acts like an emo 13yr old on MSN messenger.

:emo: *
:emo: *

For you to call on me to stop posting BREXIT posts every day while the national press is still posting BREXIT posts every day is BULLYING - you and the group of UKIP posters are in fact bulling!.

We know that the majority of students are Pro-REMAIN and its really weird that is board has been taken over by UKIP posters. Its not that unlike Momentum taking over Labour.

You should stop bullying REMAIN posters and instead write your own BREXIT posts.

I am surprised you are allowed by TSR to every single day bully me and my REMAIN posts

I am surprised you are allowed by TSR to every single day bully me and my REMAIN posts.

I'm being an internet realist, sorry that doesn't fit in with your narrow minded "my opinion is more important than yours" ********.

It's not bullying to point out you're wrong.
It's not bullying to point out when you're factually incorrect.
It's not bullying to point out that your opinion doesn't match that of the majority (you know, that democracy thing you bang on about...).

It's not bullying to point out the reality of politics, especially since you repeatedly demonstrate you don't have a clue.

Nothing you've posted has an ounce of truth in it beyond it being your own words.

You simply don't know what you're talking about.

That's incredibly impressive given you've been talking about it endlessly for 3 weeks... you'd have thought you'd learn something by now...
For you to call on me to stop posting BREXIT posts every day while the national press is still posting BREXIT posts every day is BULLYING - you and the group of UKIP posters are in fact bulling!. *

i voted Remain. but i have accepted the appalling result with good grace. *
please remind me when i have called on you to do anything ? it is embarrassing when people treat politics as an episode of Britain's Got Talent.
the thing is we had a Vote & the people's will was made clear. It would be undemocratic to have another go just because of a personnel change.*it would set a terrible precedent if the result of a Vote were ignored; the losers should just accept their failure with good grace and wait until 2020.**

Spoiler

That is incorrect.The REMAINers are not asking for the Mayites to stop Brexit, they are instead asking to decide weather they support the exit terms. You are 100% incorrect and so incorrect it makes me wonder if you really did vote remain.

This is a different referendum.

Before we had to guess what Brexit would entail and was definitely not democratic - as we had no idea what we were actually voting for.With the second referendum, we will know what we will be voting for or against.

In fact "bear" if you are against it it would make you the 'fascist' and undemocratic person because you would be stopping your fellow man and woman from making a rational decision based on factual information.
(edited 7 years ago)
That is incorrect.The REMAINers are not asking for the Mayites to stop Brexit, they are instead asking to decide weather they support the exit terms.

Before we had to guess what Brexit would entail and was definitely not democratic - as we had no idea what we were actually voting for.With the second referendum, we will know what we will be voting for or against.

In fact "bear" if you are against it it would make you the 'fascist' and undemocratic person because you would be stopping your fellow man and woman from making a rational decision based on factual information.

i think you mentioned this earlier :hmmmm2: *
That is incorrect.The REMAINers are not asking for the Mayites to stop Brexit, they are instead asking to decide weather they support the exit terms.

Bzzt, repetition.

That's you out of this game of just a minute.
Original post by Drewski

No you are a bully. All you ever do is post saying stop posting. You are definitely a bully.
No you are a bully. All you ever do is post saying stop posting. You are definitely a bully.

Think you'll find I've not used those words once in this thread...

Want to try again?

Even better, want to vote on it? Since you're so obsessed with them. It'll get to 1:1 and you'll claim a sweeping mandate for victory, no doubt...
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending