The Student Room Group

Good grades don't make me happy anymore

I used to get really happy when i got good grades but now I've got A*'s and 8's in most of my subjects and i just feel apathetic about it. I see other people really proud of their C's and average grades and i feel like such an ungrateful person, but i don't feel motivated anymore and it's depressing.
I think that it is simply why as you are used to getting good grades that the happiness that you once had when you first got good grades as it is normal for something that makes you happy to fade. But just because you are no longer happy getting good grades doesn't make you any less motivated. So don't get depressed over it
(edited 7 years ago)
You need to develop a [god complex*], man. **** those people getting Cs, they're stupid and you're better than them, and you don't want to stoop to their uneducated, ignorant level.

*I don't know if god complex is the right term to use, but you need to look down on those C grade plebs! Use it as motivation.
Reply 3
Only 8s, I would also be unhappy about that, my son in year 8 is doing undergraduate level work in science according to his teachers.
Original post by Maker
Only 8s, I would also be unhappy about that, my son in year 8 is doing undergraduate level work in science according to his teachers.

plz, I won a fields medal when I was 6...
Reply 5
That's because there are more important things in life than grades, if you're not feeling that good about grades, find something else you're more motivated to do.
Reply 6
Original post by 34908seikj
plz, I won a fields medal when I was 6...

You sound a bit envious which is to be expected from underachievers.
Original post by 34908seikj
You need to develop a [god complex*], man. **** those people getting Cs, they're stupid and you're better than them, and you don't want to stoop to their uneducated, ignorant level.

*I don't know if god complex is the right term to use, but you need to look down on those C grade plebs! Use it as motivation.

lol that is not the way to approach it
Reply 8
If 8s aren't making you happy perhaps you should strive for 9s..
(It is a 1-9 to system right?)

Personally I often strived to get the highest UMS I could and mostly derived satisfaction from particularly high scores there, as in general to simply get an A* was not a massive deal (especially at GCSE of course).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by theBranicAc
lol that is not the way to approach it

Each to their own
Reply 10
Don't aim for an A* then, aim for 100% in every single test.
Reply 11
Might start to have a god complex too seems fun
Be grateful, once you start getting bad grades you will become devastated, it has happened to me.
Original post by beeo
I used to get really happy when i got good grades but now I've got A*'s and 8's in most of my subjects and i just feel apathetic about it. I see other people really proud of their C's and average grades and i feel like such an ungrateful person, but i don't feel motivated anymore and it's depressing.

I usually cba to revise, thus get bad grades. So when I do revise and get like 8 and 9, I get proper excited.
Original post by sharkbate633
I think that it is simply why as you are used to getting good grades that the happiness that you once had when you first got good grades as it is normal for something that makes you happy to fade. But just because you are no longer happy getting good grades doesn't make you any less motivated. So don't get depressed over it

ur an *******
Original post by Maker

sure mate, sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending