The Student Room Group

New terror attack france many dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by swiss_cheese
Islam is not the problem. The problem is 21st century hatred and bigotry - these people do not commit atrocities because they want Islam to prevail, they want to kill as many people as they can because they have in some way messed up their lives. They use extremist Islam as an excuse because being labelled an "Islamic terrorist" gives off a more profound impression than being labelled as a "madman" or "murderer" like so many white / non-ethnic murderers are designated today. You can argue all you want about Islam being extremist, but evidently the vast majority of Muslims aren't. There's no point in alienating 1.5 billion peaceful, good people just because some 50,000 are using it as an excuse to justify plain murder.

the vast majority of these terrorists are muslims sooner rather than later the uk will be taken over by them
Original post by QE2
Hardly. There is some discimination in some areas, and China is certainly guilty of refusing to allow special privilege, but it cannot realistically be described as "constant oppression".

And you said "The Muslims suffer constant constant oppression", not "A tiny minority of Muslims suffer constant oppression".

And non-Muslims suffer worse oppression in Muslim countries, but you don't see them committing a steady stream of atrocities against Muslims.

Kashmir, syria, palestine
Reply 542
Original post by TheAdviser
Kashmir, syria, palestine
Muslims are not constantly oppressed in India.
Inter-Muslim sectarian conflict does not count.
Palestine is a unique situation. It's not like there's nothing else going on there. After all, Hamas' constitution does say that there can be no negotiated settlement with Israel. Their total anihillation is the only acceptable outcome for them.
Original post by tazarooni89
Great, that's what I was looking for. It's now a confirmed terrorist attack.

Maybe it was just a Jihadist attack.
Original post by La Mush
the vast majority of these terrorists are muslims sooner rather than later the uk will be taken over by them

Oh please, stop with this ridiculous hysteria. The UK is not going to be taken over by Muslims or terrorists, end of.
Original post by QE2
Muslims are not constantly oppressed in India.
Inter-Muslim sectarian conflict does not count.
Palestine is a unique situation. It's not like there's nothing else going on there. After all, Hamas' constitution does say that there can be no negotiated settlement with Israel. Their total anihillation is the only acceptable outcome for them.

Muslims are constantly oppressed in India. Anti-Islamic sentiment is pertinent to a specific part of Indian culture, especially after the partition of India in 1947. I was born in India, and I'm staying in my hometown this summer. It's shocking that in the 10 days I've been here, I've heard anti-muslim speech from my family members; on TV; and on the street every single day, and have done every time I've come here.
Reply 546
Original post by tanyapotter
Muslims are constantly oppressed in India. Anti-Islamic sentiment is pertinent to a specific part of Indian culture, especially after the partition of India in 1947. I was born in India, and I'm staying in my hometown this summer. It's shocking that in the 10 days I've been here, I've heard anti-muslim speech from my family members; on TV; and on the street every single day, and have done every time I've come here.
Anti-Muslim sentiment =/= "constant oppression".

I regularly hear people going on about Muslims in the UK, but to claim that they are "constantly oppressed" is just nonsense.

It's part of the whole victimhood culture, where every small event or comment is claimed as oppression, discrimination or offence.

I think people would have more sympathy and take claims more seriously if they appeared rational and reasonable under examination. It's like a variant on the "cry wolf" concept. People are getting tired of the constant "Boo hoo, I'm offended/oppressed. I demand respect. Someone must be to blame".

Some people need to get over themselves.
Reply 547
Muslims are constantly oppressed in India.
25% of the Presidents of India have been Muslim. The current Vice President is Muslim. There have been many Muslim government ministers and leading bureaucrats, not to mention all the famous sportspeople and entertainers who are Muslims.

Remarkable achievements considering the "constant oppression".

What ignorant garbage - india is highly tolerant of muslims- much more than many places on the globe. it has, allowed muslims to make success of their lives to the extent they are able to acheive and able to integrate into mainstream society. as QE2 has just pointed out has had muslim presidents and muslims of high state of office, which im sure no other non islamic or secular country has had. What perhaps you have heard talk of - is topical issues regarding islamic terorrism, islamist groups that have spread over the entire muslim world is what is hot topic in idnia as it is in pretty much every country on the planet, as a reaction to the golbal problems islamic groups are causing. no different to the discssuion we in the uk are having here about islamists. actually any indian muslims ( and i know lots) are massviely against islamists and poltical islam in general, they beleive islam to be a personal thing for muslims to follow, not impose on others or make political - which is precisely where the problems with islamic indoctrination can arise. indina muslims in general integrate ( probably better than uk muslims) espec when you consider theres 200million + of them. its pakistans muslims that is responible for most islamist activity and also stirrng up trouble with muslims in indian kashmir
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chakede
What ignorant garbage - india is highly tolerant of muslims- much more than many places on the globe. it has, allowed muslims to make success of their lives to the extent they are able to acheive and able to integrate into mainstream society. as QE2 has just pointed out has had muslim presidents and muslims of high state of office, which im sure no other non islamic or secular country has had. Issues regarding islamic terorrism, islamist groups that have spread over the entire muslim world is what is hot topic in idnia as it is in pretty much every country on the planet, as a reaction to the golbal problems islamic groups are causing. no different to the discssuion we in the uk are having here about islamists. actually any indian muslims ( and i know lots) are massviely against islamists and poltical islam in general, they beleive islam to be a personal thing for muslims to follow, not impose on others or make political - which is precisely where the problems with islamic indoctrination can arise. indina muslims in general integrate ( probably better than uk muslims) espec when you consider theres 200million + of them. its pakistans muslims that is responible for most islamist activity and also stirrng up trouble with muslims in indian kashmir

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_against_Muslims_in_India

lol

wikipedia self written article by a pakistani. lol @ the level of your ' intellect '
Reply 551
There have been several instances of religious violence against Muslims since Partition of India in 1947, frequently in the form of violent attacks on Muslims by Hindu mobs that form a pattern of sporadic sectarian violence between the majority Hindu and minority Muslim communities.

Would you like me to define "constant oppression" for you?
lol

As has been pointed out many times, non-Muslims suffer greater oppression in Muslim countries than Muslims do in non-Muslim countries, but there is no Christianist, or Yazidist or Atheist terrorism of Muslims in Islamic countries.

Stop crying and learn some history and geo-politics.
Original post by QE2
There have been several instances of religious violence against Muslims since Partition of India in 1947, frequently in the form of violent attacks on Muslims by Hindu mobs that form a pattern of sporadic sectarian violence between the majority Hindu and minority Muslim communities.

Would you like me to define "constant oppression" for you?
lol

As has been pointed out many times, non-Muslims suffer greater oppression in Muslim countries than Muslims do in non-Muslim countries, but there is no Christianist, or Yazidist or Atheist terrorism of Muslims in Islamic countries.

Stop crying and learn some history and geo-politics.

Why should I take you seriously when you ignored my massive post earlier today? Either get lost or respond properly thanks.
Reply 553
Original post by swiss_cheese
Why should I take you seriously when you ignored my massive post earlier today? Either get lost or respond properly thanks.
"Oh boo hoo. Nasty man isn't paying enough attention to me :cry2:"

Get over yourself.

Also, inappropriate pun about your "massive post".
Reply 554
Original post by QE2
According to some interpretations of the Quran and sunnah, simply refusing to submit to Islam and opposing its spread is enough to warrant death.

The punishment for waging war against Allah and his messenger, and spreading corruption, is death... - Quran 5:33

Fight the disbelievers until all religion is for Allah and there is no more idolatry - Quran 8:39

Muhammad said: I have been ordered to fight against the people until they testify that there is no god but Allah and I am his messenger, and if they do this then they save their lives and property from me
- Sahih Bukhari

Ah. Stupid me for not reading the Quran. (A book of false ideologies and false idols) I apologise for my ignorance and really I see the light now everything they've done is justified and I forgive them completely.:indiff: (yes please sense the heavy sarcasm inserted)
They kill people for no justifiable reason other than a book of BS tells them to. The bible, a far more important and truthful book, tells us that homosexuality is a sin in fact even goes as far as to call it an 'abomination' yet many Christians accept homosexuals and care for them as neighbours as the bible tells us, rather than driving trucks through LGBT pride parades or torturing them or shooting them. If we have managed to accept society how comes this false religion cannot?
(Not having a go at you particularly (unless you support those false ideologies) just venting my frustration at the ignorance and nonacceptance of the followers of a false religion)
And on a separate note I noticed your profile pic... God from Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Do you just like Monty Python or are you Christian... just wondering.

Quick Reply