The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth uni Accommodation 2016

I have a unconditional offer and I still haven't received an accommodation offer from Portsmouth. I really hope I get into Trafalgar halls, but I doubt that now because I think all the guildhall halls were offered out last week. :frown:. Now I'm getting worried because I've been looking at the accommodation thread from last year and most people had already received their accommodation by now. Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from accommodation at Portsmouth?

Scroll to see replies

The halls already sent out are:
-Trafalgar
-James Watson
-Greetham Street
-Margaret Rule
-Langstone village

There are two Guildhall halls left- Harry Law. It's about a 2 minute walk from the Eldon building- don't know about the other buildings though.

Bateson too- It's the worst guildhall hall- shared bathrooms and it used to be a prison xD aha

Rees and Burrell are also available... Only a 2 minute walk from the seafront: really nice location, 2 meals a day.

I haven't got my accommodation email yet either- hoping for Rees!

Good luck:biggrin:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by IzzyWatkins
-Trafalgar
-James Watson
-Greetham Street
-Margaret Rule
-Langstone village

There are two Guildhall halls left- Harry Law. It's about a 2 minute walk from the Eldon building- don't know about the other buildings though.

Bateson too- It's the worst guildhall hall- shared bathrooms and it used to be a prison xD aha

Rees and Burrell are also available... Only a 2 minute walk from the seafront: really nice location, 2 meals a day.

Oh no so it's likely I didn't get into Trafalgar then:frown:. I really hope I don't get bateson but I have a feeling I will. I would love Rees but it's way over my budget. So I'm hoping for Harry law because I really want an en-suite. Thanks anyway and I hope you get into Rees halls :smile:
Was anyone able to actually view any Bateson halls? I kept trying to arrange a viewing as I'll have limited funds and bateson is the the cheapest halls but no one got back to me :frown:
-Trafalgar
-James Watson
-Greetham Street
-Margaret Rule
-Langstone village

Hi Izzy! Hannah from the Student Housing team here! We should be sending out the rest of the allocations over the next couple of weeks, so please bear with us! Aww, Bateson's not so bad! Affordable city-centre accommodation, with a shared bathroom (primes you for moving into your house next year!) and yup, it's solid but it means you don't hear the noise from your flatmates so much haha! Ooh, and it wasn't a prison!
Original post by chloelewis97
Was anyone able to actually view any Bateson halls? I kept trying to arrange a viewing as I'll have limited funds and bateson is the the cheapest halls but no one got back to me :frown:

Hi Chloe. Please email [email protected] to see if you can look at a room there but I don't know if this will be possible at this time as there are summer school students living there, but you never know! - Hannah from the Housing Team
I haven't got a reply for the accommodation either :frown: I didn't get my place in halls. I am not sharing a bathroom idc. I refuse.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
I was very late in to the UCAS system and I got a firm offer from Portsmouth last week (I already have the grades needed). I haven't accepted yet but am now worried about accomodation. Does Lizzy's post mean that the halls that are mentioned have no accomodation left?
Reply 8
Original post by Spuddders
I was very late in to the UCAS system and I got a firm offer from Portsmouth last week (I already have the grades needed). I haven't accepted yet but am now worried about accomodation. Does Lizzy's post mean that the halls that are mentioned have no accomodation left?

Yeah probably, because people have already received offers for the halls that were mentioned (so James Watson, Trafalgar, Margaret rule, Greetham and Langstone village halls) so it's likely they're all full. What halls did you want to get into?
Reply 9
Original post by itsadaxox
Yeah probably, because people have already received offers for the halls that were mentioned (so James Watson, Trafalgar, Margaret rule, Greetham and Langstone village halls) so it's likely they're all full. What halls did you want to get into?

Greetham or Margaret Rule - but guess that isn't going to happen now.
Hi everyone, Hannah from the Housing team at UoP here! Please bear with us during this very busy time. We are aiming to let everyone know about the outcome of their applications throughout the whole of July. There were many applications to process and then allocate hall rooms, so it takes a little while! Those who haven't heard yet, please be patient :smile: we're getting there and it's only the 18th (and there's been 3 weekends in-between and we aren't open then). Please don't rush into looking for alternative accommodation until you've had a response from us :smile:
I'm in the same situation as you, I haven't heard back regarding accommodation, and every day that goes bye, I get even more worried, as I don't want the student village. And I know that it's kinda selfish of me, but I only really like my top 2 accommodation choices. I just want to know when I move in, as I live in Germany, so I gotta book flights and stuff ASAP to come over.

As soon as I hear what I get, I will let you know here :biggrin:
Original post by UoPHousingTeam
Hi Izzy! Hannah from the Student Housing team here! We should be sending out the rest of the allocations over the next couple of weeks, so please bear with us! Aww, Bateson's not so bad! Affordable city-centre accommodation, with a shared bathroom (primes you for moving into your house next year!) and yup, it's solid but it means you don't hear the noise from your flatmates so much haha! Ooh, and it wasn't a prison!

Thanks Hannah- the anticipation is killing me:P

Hahaha I guess the prison thing was just a rumour! I have a lot of people to educate about this:wink:
Reply 13
I just got an email saying I've been offered Bateson halls :frown: I kind of expected it though. Really wish I got an en-suite hall. But oh well at least I'm not at Langstone.
Thanks Hannah- the anticipation is killing me:P

Hahaha I guess the prison thing was just a rumour! I have a lot of people to educate about this:wink:

I've got a friend at Portmouth UNI, now and he says the whole prison thing is true ;D maybe people are just messing with him. But he's convinced it's true :biggrin:
Original post by itsadaxox
I just got an email saying I've been offered Bateson halls :frown: I kind of expected it though. Really wish I got an en-suite hall. But oh well at least I'm not at Langstone.

You'll be saving a lot of money though, so that's a positive!
Reply 16
You'll be saving a lot of money though, so that's a positive!

Yeah that's definitely a plus! :smile:
Aaaah just got Rees! I'm so happy :biggrin:
Reply 18
Aaaah just got Rees! I'm so happy :biggrin:

That's great! So happy for you :smile:
Would anyone mind explaining how the room numbers work in harry law? I understand the first digit is which floor you're on, but is the second your flat? and the third your room number? Or am I completely off... ? 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending