The Student Room Group

Joint honors English and French

Hi there, I want to apply to study English and French at university and I'm struggling with my personal statement, in particular making sure that it's equally relevant to English lit/lang and French. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or tips, or if any of you have successfully applied for this course and could send me a link to your personal statement to read so that I have a clearer idea of what makes a personal statement stand out? Oxford is one of my applications so I'd be particularly interested in reading any Oxbridge applicants' personal statements if that's possible? But any would be really helpful. Thank you!
Original post by rachkevern
Hi there, I want to apply to study English and French at university and I'm struggling with my personal statement, in particular making sure that it's equally relevant to English lit/lang and French. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or tips, or if any of you have successfully applied for this course and could send me a link to your personal statement to read so that I have a clearer idea of what makes a personal statement stand out? Oxford is one of my applications so I'd be particularly interested in reading any Oxbridge applicants' personal statements if that's possible? But any would be really helpful. Thank you!

There are plenty of personal statement templates on this forum without the need of anyone sending theirs to you. Would you like me to link the templates to you?

Also, I applied to do joint-honors degree which was in English Lit and Philosophy. The one thing I can say is make sure each section or paragraph relating to your subject is interwoven with each other. For example I spoke about the Problem of Evil (a philosophical concept which tries to explain why an all-loving God create so much suffering in the world) in John Milton's Paradise Lost.

So I think by doing this, it will look better. So just incorporate what you most want to study further basically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending