The Student Room Group

Islam and the fast-changing environment of 21st century Earth

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D00
Would you leave the neo-Nazi's and let their views of anti-semitism foster and brew and bubble because you're scared of confronting them views?

Islam spreads hate due to illogical, irrational beliefs. Islam needs to modernise and libealise.

A gay man can't put his differences aside and get along with a Muslim.

Why spread hate just towards Islam what about Christianity and Judiusm? They share the similar belief aswell, they don't accept gay people etc....
Original post by D00
Religion is designed to focus the people's attention and energy on a single, unchanging, uncompromising and invisible supreme being who allegedly created an inferior human race just for some extra companionship and love for himself and then supposedly foisted a set of oppressive and in some cases arbitrary rules on them, which if broken would be met with unimaginable punishment.

Prove it :smile:

This keeps the followers in a continuing state of fear and compliance.

They are afraid to question the intentions of this invisible being and they are afraid of even expressing their own individuality in many cases. Christians and Muslims are taught that they have virtually no power to do anything except pray, worship and do good deeds.

They are taught to practice self denial and are told that their own will is totally irrelevant. Religious followers believe that they are yielding their will over to a benevolent cosmic individual who has single-handedly created the whole universe and has their best interests at heart when in fact they are handing over their will and freedoms to hidden groups of religious elites for the elites own personal gains.

It appears that religion must constantly degrade and humiliate its followers in order to glorify and elevate its god. Unfortunately many people appear eager to give away their power to authority and seem to have a need and even a desire to be ruled and disciplined by it.

Worshipping gods is futile

and is nothing more than an ancient primitive custom practiced by weak minded and superstitious people. It has no place in the 21st century. The reason we have life in this world is to experience life in this world, not to spend our entire lives studying an old book, looking up to the sky and worshipping an invisible ruler in another realm.

Reply 42
Original post by mr T 999
Why spread hate just towards Islam what about Christianity and Judiusm? They share the similar belief aswell, they don't accept gay people etc....

In the UK over half of Muslims think homosexuality should be illegal (https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law) while 29% of Christians disapprove of gay relationships, and logic would dictate that those Christians who think it should be illegal would form a yet smaller subset of that group. (http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/02/14/uk-study-61-of-christians-back-equal-gay-rights/)
Original post by Drewski
Well. This is original...

You have been on here for over 8 years. I doubt you'll come across anything truly original on here anymore. You are part of the furniture around here.
If you think Islam spreads hate then why do you spread hate towards Islam.
Don't you see what's going on, the cycle of hate is not going to stop.
It's going to continue you can stop this cycle by not spreading hate.

Let them have their views and you have yours, put your differences to a side and just get along with these people.

Exactly. Nothing any right winger says is going to change anything. Islam is here to stay. Accept it. I'm not a muslim btw
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zamestaneh

Based on my reading and my logic, if ever there was a religion from God, then Islam would be it IMO. I am yet to see any obvious flaw in the religion, with people mostly only objective to being able to reconcile their actions with free will, if a God exists in the first place, or subjectively moral issues.

This needs putting up on billboards across the Western world as an indicator of the level of idiocy we're dealing with here.

The burden of proof is on you, the people making the claims that Allah exists.
Original post by cbreef
Exactly. Nothing any right winger says is going to change anything. Islam is here to stay. Accept it. I'm not a muslim btw

Yes just let them be and get on with your life. Nothing this moron here is saying is not gonna make a difference.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
FredorJohn is still at it sadly.

You should mention him.
If you're satisfied with your religion then stick with it.
Original post by welshiee
This needs putting up on billboards across the Western world as an indicator of the level of idiocy we're dealing with here.

It's not really idiocy as much as unhinged delusion. His statements are just like those you'd hear from anybody else who has joined any other cult. Just because it's the cult of Islam doesn't make it any different. Though it's funny how if somebody from the Davidians, the Moonies or Scientology said that stuff they'd be looked at as unhinged but for Islam it's different just because there's loads of them.
Great another Islamaphobic person :facepalm: I'm so sick and tired of these threads :getmecoat:

Ahhh for f***'s sake, where is the phobia, the hatred or the fear in this thread? It's nothing but a rational argument put forward by someone who, presumably, cares for the Muslim population enough to care to address them instead of posting stuff like "Deport em all!!" or whatever people post these days.

Comments like yours will dilute the word until eventually it becomes meaningless. If all criticism of religion is equated with hatred towards its people, one day this hatred will be justified because the criticism of ideas is a totally justifiable, liberal value and it's now equated with hatred of people.

Yea but Christians and Jews overcame the idea of literally interpreting ancient books and taking them as a perfect description of the way of life AGES ago.
See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestant_Reformation
Christians and Jews no longer read the Bible as a sort of revelation that tells them EXACTLY what do, a perfect revelation with no faults whatsoever, Muslims (the majority) on the other hand still do.
Reply 53
I'm a practising muslim. I agree that many are following their religion in a 'blind faith' sense, I myself once was. I followed Islam because I was taught to do so, however I never really practised the religion. A couple of years back I decided to read the translation of the Qur'an and read more into what it means to be a muslim, and I liked it so I began to embrace my religion.

I follow the Qur'an and not the Torah or the Bible as the Qur'an is the last book which God revealed, it can be interpreted as being God's direct word whereas the others have been altered.

I enjoy being a Muslim, I am happy with the way that I am living and that's why I haven't left my faith.
Reply 54
Original post by _Sara_
I'm a practising muslim. I agree that many are following their religion in a 'blind faith' sense, I myself once was. I followed Islam because I was taught to do so, however I never really practised the religion. A couple of years back I decided to read the translation of the Qur'an and read more into what it means to be a muslim, and I liked it so I began to embrace my religion.

I follow the Qur'an and not the Torah or the Bible as the Qur'an is the last book which God revealed, it can be interpreted as being God's direct word whereas the others have been altered.

I enjoy being a Muslim, I am happy with the way that I am living and that's why I haven't left my faith.

But a 'faith' is imaginary, it doesn't give you anything. It is just a collection of human thoughs and processes. It doesn't actually exist.

It's futile, it requires zero evidence to back up its large claims.

Don't you feel like a bit of a mug following something so blindly?
Reply 55

The burden of proof is on you. You're the one who believes in the sky fairy.

Prove it.
Reply 56
Original post by D00
But a 'faith' is imaginary, it doesn't give you anything. It is just a collection of human thoughs and processes. It doesn't actually exist.

It's futile, it requires zero evidence to back up its large claims.

Don't you feel like a bit of a mug following something so blindly?

I already said that I no longer feel like I'm following my religion blindly. I am adamant that there is a God who created this world. When I read the Qur'an I was astounded by the amount of scientific knowledge that it contained, especially considering when the book was revealed.

I don't feel like a mug, I am happy that I am able to live a pious life. I can confidently say that when I die I will be happy with the life that I lived as a muslim.
Reply 57
Original post by _Sara_
I already said that I no longer feel like I'm following my religion blindly. I am adamant that there is a God who created this world. When I read the Qur'an I was astounded by the amount of scientific knowledge that it contained, especially considering when the book was revealed.

I don't feel like a mug, I am happy that I am able to live a pious life. I can confidently say that when I die I will be happy with the life that I lived as a muslim.

Why are you adamant? Where's your proof? The burden of proof is on you for claiming such a God exists.

Scientific knowledge in the Qur'an? Don't make me laugh. You ought to read some proper scientific papers then if you love science so much. Because the Qur'an is not scientific, and is an insult to science and knowledge to claim it is.

When you're dead you won't be 'happy', you'll be dead. You won't exist anymore but your decaying body. And that's more of a truth then believing in fairytales.
Original post by D00
The burden of proof is on you. You're the one who believes in the sky fairy.

Prove it.

I made many positive claims, so do not deflect now; if your answers are satisfactory, I will prove it to you :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by D00
Why are you adamant? Where's your proof? The burden of proof is on you for claiming such a God exists.

Scientific knowledge in the Qur'an? Don't make me laugh. You ought to read some proper scientific papers then if you love science so much. Because the Qur'an is not scientific, and is an insult to science and knowledge to claim it is.

When you're dead you won't be 'happy', you'll be dead. You won't exist anymore but your decaying body. And that's more of a truth then believing in fairytales.

you sound like you're belittling me lol. Believe me I have an open mind, I have researched many religions but always believed that there is one God. The intricacy of the earth is enough proof to allow me to accept that there must have been a divine being who created the universe.

Have you ever read the Qur'an? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending