The Student Room Group

I think it's time for fundamentalist Muslims, and Islamophobes too, to hear this!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mr T 999
Wow awesome do you play the piano by chance?

Yeah I wished everyone did aswell, I was get a strange look from people everytime I say I listen to classical music. Then I'm automatically branded boring or a snob :angry:

Posted from OtherWorld

I don't play any instruments. I started the guitar then realised how limited it is. I will be starting playing bass soon. Hopefully by the time I go to university I will be able to switch to Contrabass. Who's your favourite composer?
Reply 21
Original post by JohnGreek
thank you OP for solving the question of Islam and terrorism in one fell swoop

To be frank Classical music is the solution to any problem.
Original post by oShahpo
Yea I do

Original post by AlifunArnab
تمام , و هل تعلم ان الموسيقى حرام ؟

When you trying to follow an argument but you can only understand one side of it.

[video="youtube;VSZSn5uzK4I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSZSn5uzK4I[/video]
Reply 23
Lol :P the guy is basically telling me that music is haram..
Original post by oShahpo
Lol :P the guy is basically telling me that music is haram..

All classical music? Why?
Original post by oShahpo
I don't play any instruments. I started the guitar then realised how limited it is. I will be starting playing bass soon. Hopefully by the time I go to university I will be able to switch to Contrabass. Who's your favourite composer?

I love Beathoven,Mozart, Chopin, tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Schubert, Bach etc....the list goes on

What about you, who's your favourite?

Posted from OtherWorld
Reply 26
Well I don't think it is, but you know how some people just detest everything western.
Reply 27
Original post by mr T 999
I love Beathoven,Mozart, Chopin, tchaikovsky, Vivaldi, Schubert, Bach etc....the list goes on

What about you, who's your favourite?

Posted from OtherWorld

Possibly Mahler or Brahms, I love everything classical though so I don't have a clear favourite.
Reply 28
Original post by oShahpo
In their defence very few actually do believe that, music is very popular in Muslim countries generally speaking.

Even if it is, it doesn't make it permissible to listen to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by HAnwar
Even if it is, it doesn't make it permissible to listen to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean? Do you think it's haram? If so why do you think this beautiful, truly moving piece of music is forbidden?
Original post by oShahpo
What do you mean? Do you think it's haram? If so why do you think this beautiful, truly moving piece of music is forbidden?

There are actually loads of nasheed artists out there that use the piano. They must have gotten a fatwa (legal opinion) from somewhere.
Reply 31
Original post by oShahpo

Yes I do.
I haven't listened to it and I'm not going to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by HAnwar
Yes I do.
I haven't listened to it and I'm not going to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about vocal music? Do you not listen to those too?
Reply 33
Original post by oShahpo
What about vocal music? Do you not listen to those too?

Idk about that. I'm not a music person so no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Idk about that. I'm not a music person so no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you consider the Adhan and the way people recite the Quran to be a form of music? It isn't different to nasheeds and nasheeds are music.
Theres two ways of making music, Islam condemns one. The first is vocal; the second is instrumental which is not allowed in Islam
Reply 36
Original post by Legendary Quest
Do you consider the Adhan and the way people recite the Quran to be a form of music? It isn't different to nasheeds and nasheeds are music.

Bit of a silly question since no musical instruments are used when reciting either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by terry4009
Theres two ways of making music, Islam condemns one. The first is vocal; the second is instrumental which is not allowed in Islam

Let's not turn this into a debate please.
I am sorry you can't enjoy this.
Original post by HAnwar
Bit of a silly question since no musical instruments are used when reciting either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't need instruments to make a piece of music... Do you not consider accapella to be a form of music?
Reply 39
Original post by Legendary Quest
You don't need instruments to make a piece of music... Do you not consider accapella to be a form of music?

There is a different ruling on singing and a different ruling on music.
Music using instruments isn't allowed.
Singing is not haram but it depends on the content etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest