The Student Room Group

I think it's time for fundamentalist Muslims, and Islamophobes too, to hear this!

Scroll to see replies

Lol at music being haram, clerics need to get a life
Original post by HAnwar
There is a different ruling on singing and a different ruling on music.
Music using instruments isn't allowed.
Singing is not haram but it depends on the content etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do you agree that people sing when they read the Quran?

What are your thoughts on people singing nasheeds (using instruments) and using Allah's name? It seems pretty popular lately but I understand people have various opinions on this.
Reply 42
Original post by Legendary Quest

What are your thoughts on people singing nasheeds (using instruments) and using Allah's name? It seems pretty popular lately but I understand people have various opinions on this.

Not really. It's recited in accordance to the rules of Tajweed.

Against that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Muslims recite the Quran and sometimes apply a slight singing touch to it and that is acceptable but singing in the context of rockstars and most songs sang today and also rap is generally unheard of as that is not considered acceptable.

Singing nasheeds however is acceptable just as long as musical instruments are not applied.
Reply 44
Are Muslims allowed to listen to Merzbow?

[video="youtube;pGzrL8J0t-c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzrL8J0t-c[/video]
Original post by HAnwar
Not really. It's recited in accordance to the rules of Tajweed.

Against that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In what way would you consider that to be different to singing? Are you not essentially being told how to sing the Quran?

Original post by terry4009
Muslims recite the Quran and sometimes apply a slight singing touch to it and that is acceptable but singing in the context of rockstars and most songs sang today and also rap is generally unheard of as that is not considered acceptable. Singing nasheeds however is acceptable just as long as musical instruments are not applied.

Fair enough. I understand that some believe that certain drums are permitted. Do you agree with that?

-

@oShahpo It looks like I've hijacked your thread, sorry. I'll stop after this one and enjoy the music. :colondollar:
Original post by RobML

[video="youtube;pGzrL8J0t-c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzrL8J0t-c[/video]

lol is that even music
Reply 47
Original post by HAnwar
Bit of a silly question since no musical instruments are used when reciting either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, so can you listen to Bjork's Medulla album since it's made entirely of vocal samples?

[video="youtube;wxqMyyuAhyo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxqMyyuAhyo[/video]

Original post by terry4009
lol is that even music

That's the joke :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
In what way would you consider that to be different to singing? Are you not essentially being told how to sing the Quran?

Fair enough. I understand that some believe that certain drums are permitted. Do you agree with that?

-

@oShahpo It looks like I've hijacked your thread, sorry. I'll stop after this one and enjoy the music. :colondollar:

There are a difference of opinions but drum beating for entertainment is considered by most scholars as impermissible. Some scholars say that if you are beating it to warn of an impending nikah (wedding) then in those such cases beating drums are allowed
Original post by RobML

I had to check to make sure my headphones were working properly. :colonhash:
Reply 50

-

No we're being told how to recite it.

Original post by RobML
Oh, so can you listen to Bjork's Medulla album since it's made entirely of vocal samples?

[video="youtube;wxqMyyuAhyo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxqMyyuAhyo[/video]

That's the joke :tongue:

I don't know who that is nor do I care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by HAnwar
No we're being told how to recite it.

I don't know who that is nor do I care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Reply 53