The Student Room Group

Do you get flies and moths in your house?

Scroll to see replies

I have double netted my windows this year, not a single fly or moth! :h:

Original post by Inexorably
I have never ever understood people's disdain for moths, they're just smaller butterflies? kinda cute.

Moths leave a disgusting residue, it's like they're leaking. Sometimes you see horrible flakes falling off them as they fly. :grumble: Nasty.
Original post by Funnycatvideos
Just get a thick Game of Thrones book and kill the bastards. That's what I do.

You can't ruin your books like that.. :redface:
Yeah, but not as often as last year. I keep my screen door close, and rarely do flies get in. Moths are a different story. The last time there was a moth in my house was last year.
Original post by Snufkin
I have double netted my windows this year, not a single fly or moth! :h:

Moths leave a disgusting residue, it's like they're leaking. Sometimes you see horrible flakes falling off them as they fly. :grumble: Nasty.

I've never encountered this but that does sound pretty disgusting :frown:
Reply 24
Original post by davidguettafan
The problem with this weather is you open the windows to let fresh air in but then the house is full of moths and flies that just fly around in circles underneath the light but won't leave the house!

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only the people who stink.

Spoiler

got loads of flies but thats bcuz the door mostly stays open on nice days
Original post by Legendary Quest
You can't ruin your books like that.. :redface:

Nothing actually gets on them oddly enough. I suggest using A Dance with Dragons part one. It's black like the entrails of them. It gets on the walls and not the book. I should re-read A Feast for Crows.
Reply 27
Original post by davidguettafan
The problem with this weather is you open the windows to let fresh air in but then the house is full of moths and flies that just fly around in circles underneath the light but won't leave the house!

Anyone else have this problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't open windows

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I do, I will occasionally walk into a room and just out of the corner of my eye see something on the wall/ceiling and look at it a moth. The flies are really annoying
Original post by Andy98
I don't open windows

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you do when it's hot then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scorpion95
Yeah I do, I will occasionally walk into a room and just out of the corner of my eye see something on the wall/ceiling and look at it a moth. The flies are really annoying

Yeah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest