The Student Room Group

He hardly ever texts me first. Would this bother you?

I always have to initiate conversation, and every time that we end the convo I tell myself "okay just wait for him to message you next time", but sometimes it gets to like four days and I cave in and message him.

As I type this out I feel immature though. I'm 23 and he is 26, I thought I'd be past the whole "who talks to who first" game, but idk...it bothers me.

Would this kind of thing bother other people?
Yes it would bother me. If it bothers you that much, you need to have a word with him.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I always have to initiate conversation, and every time that we end the convo I tell myself "okay just wait for him to message you next time", but sometimes it gets to like four days and I cave in and message him.

As I type this out I feel immature though. I'm 23 and he is 26, I thought I'd be past the whole "who talks to who first" game, but idk...it bothers me.

Would this kind of thing bother other people?

He doesn't want to message you or very busy
Reply 3
Original post by Ordo

He's not really busy. I don't think.

I don't get men though, if he doesn't want to message me then why are we together?
Reply 4
I should mention we are in a long distance relationship.
Reply 5
I should mention we are in a long distance relationship.

I don't get men though, if he doesn't want to message me then why are we together?

Ahhh make sense - maybe talk to him about it or plan to meet him up if possible xDD
Original post by Ordo

But you'd make time. Most of the tme when I'm texting someone, their reply only needs to be a few words or something.
Reply 7
Original post by Tiger Rag
But you'd make time. Most of the tme when I'm texting someone, their reply only needs to be a few words or something.

I know right but Im amazed how can a few words to reply someone can change mood (from worried to happy) XDDD
Reply 8
Original post by Ordo
Ahhh make sense - maybe talk to him about it or plan to meet him up if possible xDD

Yeah we have a flight booked for a few weeks time. The gaps inbetween he goes all quiet. When we are together he is fine.
How you too busy to text lmao
I'm about to go into a long distance relationship with my boyfriend and this would bother me hugely. Communication is key and if you don't text people for days, you don't want to talk to them and I'd take that as can't be bothered/doesn't want to be with me. My boyfriend and I will make an effort to AT LEAST always say good morning and good night to each other, with him up first (for school) so he texts me first. It's only a bit of communication each day (we see each other once a week and often have 3+ weeks we can't see each other...especially when I go to uni) but it means a lot to me and he knows that.

If he's not busy, then I think you should ask him about it and set the record straight. When people do that it really annoys me tbh :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending