The Student Room Group

The Ultimate Biscuit discussion

Scroll to see replies

It would have been nice to see plain chocolate digestives on a separate line. The Bourbon, for example, definitely beats a plain Digestive, but plain chocolate Digestives are far superior to any of the lesser sweet biscuit ranges. The rich tea biscuit is also at an unfair advantage in the poll, not being a brand, even though it is certainly a premier example of the traditional British biscuit.
Reply 61
Tough question.

Usually Hobnobs (chocolate or not, although the best are dark chocolate) if dunking.
Custard creams and bourbons are pretty high on my list, although I'd probably choose a custard cream first.
I love shortbread and it's also really easy to make, meaning I can have it fresh from the oven.
Other than that, ginger biscuits. They can be dunked, but are equally delicious on their own.

tl;dr, Depends on my mood.
3.06% haven't lived! :s-smilie:
I voted Maryland cookies but honestly, they shouldn't be on the list. A cookie is not a biscuit :wink:
so happy that bourbon won - deffo the best biscuit on here LADS AND lasses
what about jammy dodgers !!!
Reply 66
Chocolate digestive biscuit are the best imo xDDD
Reply 67
Original post by fefssdf
what about jammy dodgers !!!

Yes!! I love that too!! xDD
Original post by Ordo
Yes!! I love that too!! xDD

they're great and also the smiley face biscuits with the jam and cream centre
Reply 69
Maryland chunky's.

thread/
The bourbon lovers have located the poll
And they have answered

Spoiler

Original post by fefssdf
so happy that bourbon won - deffo the best biscuit on here LADS AND lasses

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssss
:five:
Reply 72
Seeing as the poll is no longer on the home page, I shall announce the final results for now [18th July 2016] (although if you still wish to vote then go for it :tongue:)

In 3rd place is Digestives. Managing to accumulate 196 votes, a total of 15.35% of the vote. Digestives fans can be proud of their performance as they even managed to pip Custard cream fans by 1 vote (L O L @Puddles the Monkey)

In 2nd place is Maryland Cookies. Some people have pointed out that a cookie is not technically a biscuit, but oh well :colone: I am not ashamed to say that I voted for this, as in my own opinion, they are still the best. They finished with 205 votes, a total of 16.05%.

And then, in first place... *drum rolls* goes too... *more drum rolls* Your ultimate biscuit goes to...

BOURBON BISCUIT! :facepalm: With 207 votes, getting 16.21% of the vote!!!!!

Outta nowhere, it somehow managed to steal the rightful crown from Maryland cookies by two votes (You know who you are...)

Thanks to everyone who voted :u:
@PugDevil

Corruoption! Conspiracy!

They've been rubbing the Custard Creams votes out! :mob:
Reply 74
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
@PugDevil

Corruoption! Conspiracy!

They've been rubbing the Custard Creams votes out! :mob:

It takes the biscuit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill