The Student Room Group

Article: Recruitment at Sainsbury's

Reply 1
Lol I have interview tomorrow and this is helpful thanks :biggrin:

Had interview on Mon - it went good :smile:
There was no video clip at all. Just tour and list good examples of customer service and what can be improved and how. Then just few questions. Done

EDITED: Just found out today that they offered me job - thanks :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jkouk1
what do you mean by two induction day? do we get uniform on that day? and what do you mean by smart casual? i am well confused?

No, only one induction day (but it may varies from different stores). Yes you get uniform at the end of induction day. You know what you have to wear for an interview!

Hammaad1234
Hello, I have an interview with sainsburys on the 19th july and i was wondering if you have any last minute tips and what to expect. Thanks.

Hey there! Just wear smart (black trouser and white shirt with tie) First they will ask you for legal rights to work in the UK so provide passport or birth certificate and national insurance number. Then they check with you about uniform size, rights to work, any medical condition/disability. Pretty much common sense questions. Then tour to look around in the store and you have to list down good things about customer service and what can it be improved. I'm not going to tell you! You have to prove that you understand what it is all about! Then interview - most of the questions are common like why do you work with us. Read Sainsbury's article - it does really help. Hope it goes well and good luck :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ordo
Lol I have interview tomorrow and this is helpful thanks :biggrin:

Had interview on Mon - it went good :smile:
There was no video clip at all. Just tour and list good examples of customer service and what can be improved and how. Then just few questions. Done

EDITED: Just found out today that they offered me job - thanks :biggrin:

Heya :

First congratulation for your new job at Sainsburys.
Thank you for your post, would you mind please if you can give more details. what is the tour looks like?, and what kind of questions you have been asked as I will have the same interview after six days, that will help me so much and so grateful in advance.:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sweet shelley
Heya :

First congratulation for your new job at Sainsburys.
Thank you for your post, would you mind please if you can give more details. what is the tour looks like?, and what kind of questions you have been asked as I will have the same interview after six days, that will help me so much and so grateful in advance.:smile:

Just walking around store and you have to list good things about customer service there and what can be improved. (Im not supposed to tell you!!! - you need to prove yourself that you understand). Pretty much similar questions on this article. Please read article - it really does help! Good luck XDDD
Utterly disappointed.

I can share my experience go giving interview and I can assure you that it will be almost impossible for you if you're a Muslim to get a job no matter how experienced and well prepared you would be.My name is Ali Abbas cleared online test and been invited to the store (winnersh) on 29th of July 2016.Met a guy called rod Stewart.first he tried to take interview for 8 hours vacancy whereas I applied for a full time twilight,then he asked me then if I may be interested in assisting a cook store's cafe which I again refused since I applied for other vacancy.Trust me this that during the so called interview he only took my details.Did not ask my experience and suitability for the job (have 8years of experience in working at marks and spencer and asda) .during the interview,he also talked about one of the colleague of him,who like Donald trump.I didn't understand why and then before I left I mentioned that I shouldn't keep my hopes high because other four people are due for an interview for the same job.i came back and within 2 hours received the no sorry email.utterly disappointed ,ashamed and discussed that we still have these evil souls between us who judge us by our race of colour of the skin and not by our value and hardwork.I wouldn't recommend working in sainsbury to anyone specially Muslims,since I've been there and done that.Dissappointed!
Reply 6
have a few questions;

1) you said the induction day are paid, is it paid to me or paid to the company???
2) i heard there are some mix up with certain people asking for ID? one of my friend is under 16 (and is 16!) she is allowed to ask for ID?? anyone clear this up for me?
3) will sainsbury be okay if i work only on weekend? (i found a job that works 4 days a week and i can start work now but until i start college, i need it to be able to be on weekend, can they do that?)
4) what is induction day is like?
5) can i wear my own black pant or i have to wear sainsbury's one?
6) why do we need 2 name badge instead of one?
7) does customer serivce require lots of communication? as in listening for staff over PA, when customer ask you about certain things (im doing customer serivce)
Reply 7
Original post by Make it right
Utterly disappointed.

I can share my experience go giving interview and I can assure you that it will be almost impossible for you if you're a Muslim to get a job no matter how experienced and well prepared you would be.My name is Ali Abbas cleared online test and been invited to the store (winnersh) on 29th of July 2016.Met a guy called rod Stewart.first he tried to take interview for 8 hours vacancy whereas I applied for a full time twilight,then he asked me then if I may be interested in assisting a cook store's cafe which I again refused since I applied for other vacancy.Trust me this that during the so called interview he only took my details.Did not ask my experience and suitability for the job (have 8years of experience in working at marks and spencer and asda) .during the interview,he also talked about one of the colleague of him,who like Donald trump.I didn't understand why and then before I left I mentioned that I shouldn't keep my hopes high because other four people are due for an interview for the same job.i came back and within 2 hours received the no sorry email.utterly disappointed ,ashamed and discussed that we still have these evil souls between us who judge us by our race of colour of the skin and not by our value and hardwork.I wouldn't recommend working in sainsbury to anyone specially Muslims,since I've been there and done that.Dissappointed!

OK first of all, Im not sure if you are trolling or not since you created a new account recently. Secondly, I saw some Muslims worked there at Sainsbury and all companies shouldn't judge people based on their race, religions, and so on. It's against the laws. Which store did you visit? Did you email them for feedback? They should able to tell you the reasons.
Reply 8
Original post by jkouk1
have a few questions;

1) you said the induction day are paid, is it paid to me or paid to the company???
2) i heard there are some mix up with certain people asking for ID? one of my friend is under 16 (and is 16!) she is allowed to ask for ID?? anyone clear this up for me?
3) will sainsbury be okay if i work only on weekend? (i found a job that works 4 days a week and i can start work now but until i start college, i need it to be able to be on weekend, can they do that?)
4) what is induction day is like?
5) can i wear my own black pant or i have to wear sainsbury's one?
6) why do we need 2 name badge instead of one?
7) does customer serivce require lots of communication? as in listening for staff over PA, when customer ask you about certain things (im doing customer serivce)

Answers:
1) Yes - you get paid
2) You need to wear 'Under 25' badge when working at till - you have to ask people to provide their ID if they look like under at aged 25. Though it is best to ask every person except obvious older people with grey hair lol. You cant really tell the difference between actual age and physical age nowadays. Very serious and could have huge negative impact on company and in public.
3) You need to discuss that with your manager.
4) Induction then lots of videos then tour - you can wear casual clothes lol - e.g. I wore black jean and light t-shirt.
5) You have to wear Sainsbury's one.
6) Who said that? I only have one name badge. Maybe 2nd one is for spare one. Also you will be given a 'under 25' badge.
7) It depends on the day and no. of people. From my experience working as a general assistant, most customers usually asked me where to find what they are looking for but very few cases like they asked me to restock so they can buy it more.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending