The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Start date confirmed for Leeds for 3rd October!

I finally received an email back from the HO recruitment inbox.
Formal letter received; yay! Wealthy & Midsize Business at Regian House, Liverpool. See you on the 5th of Sept Hayho :tongue:
Reply 722
Well done to those with formal offers and start dates.

I am 11 weeks and counting on waiting for pre employment checks to complete!
Reply 723
Original post by Doll Parts
Formal letter received; yay! Wealthy & Midsize Business at Regian House, Liverpool. See you on the 5th of Sept Hayho :tongue:

Excellent news, congratulations! See you then! I have however heard that we should actually be going to imperial court and not Regian house. My offer also says Regian house, but ive spoken to someone in that dept, and it is possibly an oversight, telling us to go to Regian house.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hayho
Excellent news, congratulations! See you then! I have however heard that we should actually be going to imperial court and not Regian house. My offer also says Regian house, but ive spoken to someone in that dept, and it is possibly an oversight, telling us to go to Regian house.

Is that just for induction/training or is that where WMSB is based? I don't mind either, both close to train stations. Imperial Court looks nicer from the outside!
Reply 725
I was told by someone that works in that dept that we work from Imperial Court. He also said that we are to report to Imperial Court and that they were going to try and notify people of the oversight. I might leave it til nearer the time and ask again. But yes, both near train stations so ideal.
Reply 726
Is that just for induction/training or is that where WMSB is based? I don't mind either, both close to train stations. Imperial Court looks nicer from the outside!

This is a permanent contract as far as you are aware isn't it Doll Parts?
Reply 727
Original post by ChrisSums
Are you Liverpool as well? How long after the OHS was it before you got your start date?

Im in Manchester. I think the wait was about 4 weeks roughly.
Original post by Hayho
This is a permanent contract as far as you are aware isn't it Doll Parts?

Yep; just been back to the advert to double check (you had me going there!) - 'Contract Type - Permanent'.

You know about the rationalisation of offices though don't you? So Liverpool will be a regional hub and the expectation is that all Bootle staff will move to Liverpool. Although finding a building for 3000 people in the City Centre may be difficult (may be less as they'll probably reduce staffing before the move). I'm thinking maybe Exchange Flags?

This is from the Echo a while ago:
Staff will be moved into two massive new facilities in Liverpool and Manchester. The exact locations have not been disclosed.The Liverpool site will employ between 2,800 and 3,100 full-time equivalent staff.The Bootle offices are set to close between 2018/19 and 2019/20, as well as sites in Warrington and St Helens.One of the three HMRC offices already in Liverpool will also close, while the other two will transfer to the Department for Work and Pensions, another Government department.The new Liverpool facility is expected to open by 2019.It is unclear how many jobs will be lost as a result of the plans, but HMRC says it will try to find other roles for staff who are unwilling to relocate.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 729
Yep; just been back to the advert to double check (you had me going there!) - 'Contract Type - Permanent'.

You know about the rationalisation of offices though don't you? So Liverpool will be a regional hub and the expectation is that all Bootle staff will move to Liverpool. Although finding a building for 3000 people in the City Centre may be difficult (may be less as they'll probably reduce staffing before the move). I'm thinking maybe Exchange Flags?

This is from the Echo a while ago:
Staff will be moved into two massive new facilities in Liverpool and Manchester. The exact locations have not been disclosed.The Liverpool site will employ between 2,800 and 3,100 full-time equivalent staff.The Bootle offices are set to close between 2018/19 and 2019/20, as well as sites in Warrington and St Helens.One of the three HMRC offices already in Liverpool will also close, while the other two will transfer to the Department for Work and Pensions, another Government department.The new Liverpool facility is expected to open by 2019.It is unclear how many jobs will be lost as a result of the plans, but HMRC says it will try to find other roles for staff who are unwilling to relocate.

Great thanks. I'd like to think that with a lot of us being recruited, they've taken numbers in to acct with a long term view of staffing needs.
I was aware of the reduction in offices etc. Hopefully the staff that the lose will be through natural wastage.
Reply 730
Original post by Hayho
Great thanks. I'd like to think that with a lot of us being recruited, they've taken numbers in to acct with a long term view of staffing needs.
I was aware of the reduction in offices etc. Hopefully the staff that the lose will be through natural wastage.

Anecdotal evidence from a family friend who works in HMRC, but theyre losing staff a lot recentlyfrom natur wastage. At least in his office the aberage age is meant to be quite high.
Reply 731
Original post by Smaack
Anecdotal evidence from a family friend who works in HMRC, but theyre losing staff a lot recentlyfrom natur wastage. At least in his office the aberage age is meant to be quite high.

I had heard the same, a lot of people reaching retirement age.
I was reading through an enforcement and compliance page on the HMRC intranet and spotted this which was published in April 2016 and was in the context of 2016-2017 planning:

"We’ll have recruited around 3,500 posts, of which around 2,600 will be people new to E&C, with more than 8,000 joining us over the next five years as other colleagues leave or retire."

So it looks like lots more recruitment to come in E&C.
Reply 733
Original post by pukahontas
I was reading through an enforcement and compliance page on the HMRC intranet and spotted this which was published in April 2016 and was in the context of 2016-2017 planning:

"We’ll have recruited around 3,500 posts, of which around 2,600 will be people new to E&C, with more than 8,000 joining us over the next five years as other colleagues leave or retire."

So it looks like lots more recruitment to come in E&C.

That sounds very positive in terms of job security for the future then.
I have just received my formal offer with a start date of 3rd Oct in the SME (Small & Medium Enterprise) dept at Regain House in Liverpool. It's slightly frustrating to have to wait so long but I know a lot on this thread don't even have a start date so I am thankful for that! Does anybody have any friends/family working in the SME dept in Liverpool? If anybody could tell me anymore about it and work life in general in this dept that'd be great! Good luck to all those with start dates and I hope those that don't get something soon!!
Original post by ChrisSums
I have just received my formal offer with a start date of 3rd Oct in the SME (Small & Medium Enterprise) dept at Regain House in Liverpool. It's slightly frustrating to have to wait so long but I know a lot on this thread don't even have a start date so I am thankful for that! Does anybody have any friends/family working in the SME dept in Liverpool? If anybody could tell me anymore about it and work life in general in this dept that'd be great! Good luck to all those with start dates and I hope those that don't get something soon!!

Well done ChrisSums; great news! Looks like things are picking up pace with lots of people getting start dates now.
Reply 736
I hope they get a move on with mine, im approaching 12 weeks for a pre employment check to pass, and have been waiting a week for a response to an email
Original post by Hayho
I was told by someone that works in that dept that we work from Imperial Court. He also said that we are to report to Imperial Court and that they were going to try and notify people of the oversight. I might leave it til nearer the time and ask again. But yes, both near train stations so ideal.

You were right; had a revised offer this morning with Imperial Court as location.
I applied for a HO role in June and have my interview next week.

I've seen that some of you have had interviews in May for the same role and have had formal offers and start dates.

Is there anyone else in my situation and just starting the process now??

Got a start date of the 8th of August today!!! Rang the contact I was given as I have to give 4 weeks notice in my current role. Will be in E&C - ISBC NMW
Anyone know what that is?

Latest

Trending

Trending