The Student Room Group

Will Ucas rearrange my maths modules on results day?

Yo, back in November when I made/submitted my Ucas app. I was going to be taking double maths (12 modules). Around February I realised sitting all the 12 maths exams in one year was crazy, so I decided to take single maths only, however as you know you can’t change the app once its submitted and I did put on my Ucas that will indeed be sitting double maths. I let my firm choice know and they change my requirements accordingly. The reason why I am worried is, I didn’t just chose to sit single maths, I switched the modules around a bit. Originally I put down on my Ucas app. Single maths: C1 C2 C3 C4 D1 S1. Further: FP1 FP2 FP3 M1 M2 S2. The problem is I decided to take singles maths with M1 and M2 instead of D1 S1. Therefor C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 M2. So my concern is that Ucas will give me a lower grade in single maths and a silly low grade in further maths as their system will calculate single maths missing D1 S1, and calculate further maths missing FP1 -3 S2. Rather than just rearranging the respective modules that I took, into single maths.

Shall I contact Ucas on this issue or am I just over thinking this?
Or will their algorithm or whatever they have realise the issue on results day and fix it?
Original post by countduckula1906
Yo, back in November when I made/submitted my Ucas app. I was going to be taking double maths (12 modules). Around February I realised sitting all the 12 maths exams in one year was crazy, so I decided to take single maths only, however as you know you can’t change the app once its submitted and I did put on my Ucas that will indeed be sitting double maths. I let my firm choice know and they change my requirements accordingly. The reason why I am worried is, I didn’t just chose to sit single maths, I switched the modules around a bit. Originally I put down on my Ucas app. Single maths: C1 C2 C3 C4 D1 S1. Further: FP1 FP2 FP3 M1 M2 S2. The problem is I decided to take singles maths with M1 and M2 instead of D1 S1. Therefor C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 M2. So my concern is that Ucas will give me a lower grade in single maths and a silly low grade in further maths as their system will calculate single maths missing D1 S1, and calculate further maths missing FP1 -3 S2. Rather than just rearranging the respective modules that I took, into single maths.

Shall I contact Ucas on this issue or am I just over thinking this?
Or will their algorithm or whatever they have realise the issue on results day and fix it?

Yes definetly contact ucas, they could have issues matching up your grades if they don't have the correct exams listed. Also, i believe your grade is down to your exam officer combining your maths grades, it's not up to ucas.
Original post by claireestelle
Yes definetly contact ucas, they could have issues matching up your grades if they don't have the correct exams listed. Also, i believe your grade is down to your exam officer combining your maths grades, it's not up to ucas.

Thanks for the speedy reply! I'll definitely get on this asap, do you know what the best way is to contact ucas?

Also when you say exam officer do you mean exam officer at my sixth-form or the actual examiners who mark the papers?
Thanks for the speedy reply! I'll definitely get on this asap, do you know what the best way is to contact ucas?

Also when you say exam officer do you mean exam officer at my sixth-form or the actual examiners who mark the papers?

You can email their qualifications team at [email protected] :smile: Sixth form exams officer:smile:
Original post by claireestelle
You can email their qualifications team at [email protected] :smile: Sixth form exams officer:smile:

That is great, I'll email them first in the morning :biggrin:

thank you :smile:
That is great, I'll email them first in the morning :biggrin:

thank you :smile:

No problem, best of luck for results day:smile:
Reply 6

At your school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
At your school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The maths A-level I took was actually a re-sit. I left the sixth-form officially last summer. So this time round I was a "private candidate". The exam officer was ok with everything and still have my details on the system etc. Will he still be the one to give me my grade or will it be someone else? :/

I did get a official exam time table, candidate number etc from my old sixth-form as well.
Reply 8
The maths A-level I took was actually a re-sit. I left the sixth-form officially last summer. So this time round I was a "private candidate". The exam officer was ok with everything and still have my details on the system etc. Will he still be the one to give me my grade or will it be someone else? :/

I did get a official exam time table, candidate number etc from my old sixth-form as well.

Yes, he's your point of contact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yes, he's your point of contact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome :smile: Ucas got back to me and made the changes to my app. which is great. However they still left the original (wrong) modules in the "module details" field of the qualification (single maths) and put the correct module list in the "subject" field of the qualification... thus having the wrong and correct modules on the qual. But ucas did say in the email that the format may appear differently in track but everything is in order and not to worry...

But I can't help but get OCD about this :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending