The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LegalCat
Anyone else had the horrific experience of receiving a phone-call from Chambers asking ' are you still coming in for interview today' and not actually knowing that you had an interview at all with Chambers as the e-mail never arrived?! It sent me into waves of panic on the weekend! Luckily Chambers is willing to reschedule but I will think twice before supplying a Hotmail e-mail address in future.

:eek::eek::eek:

Oh my god, must have been a heart-stopping moment!!

I still haven't heard from 2 -- I wonder if this is why?!
Original post by 1stTimer
:eek::eek::eek:

Oh my god, must have been a heart-stopping moment!!

I still haven't heard from 2 -- I wonder if this is why?!

Mixture of both pain and joy. Sadly I have become so accustomed to not even hearing back from Chambers that I don't bother chasing if I haven't heard after 2 or 3 months.
Does anyone know whether if the day after your interview your status changes from interview at X time to second interview is automatic or whether chambers have to do something for this to happen? Just trying to figure out if I've been rejected.
(edited 7 years ago)
Fourteen just emailed, we will know about first round by 11am tomorrow and interviews on Thursday.
[QUOTE=roomwithoutaroof;66476944]Does anyone know whether if the day after your interview your status changes from interview at X time to second interview is automatic or whether chambers have to do something for this to happen? Just trying to figure out if I've been rejected.

It's automatic :smile:
Original post by lawgirl1992
Anyone else with church court interviews this evening good luck!

I wasn't aware they had sent interview invitations outs. That's bloody ridiculous, they required two application forms, one of which contained an essay question! When did they contact you?

Original post by broeoutinsong
Has anyone heard anything from Citadel yet?

I've not heard anything although my interview didn't go great, I'm prepared for the worst.
Original post by Powertothepupil
I wasn't aware they had sent interview invitations outs. That's bloody ridiculous, they required two application forms, one of which contained an essay question! When did they contact you?

I've not heard anything although my interview didn't go great, I'm prepared for the worst.

I couldn't believe how many people were on the panel! I thought they were going to let us know on Sunday or latest today. Looks like I may be done for this year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by broeoutinsong
I couldn't believe how many people were on the panel! I thought they were going to let us know on Sunday or latest today. Looks like I may be done for this year.

Yeah, I was thrown back at first. I'm down to my last two applications now, it's been a disappointing summer.
Obligatory weekly Iscoed enquiry...any news anywhere?
Original post by Powertothepupil
Yeah, I was thrown back at first. I'm down to my last two applications now, it's been a disappointing summer.

Im also waiting to hear back from Citadel if that helps! The panel was massive
Original post by Welshpupilmaybe
Obligatory weekly Iscoed enquiry...any news anywhere?

Still nothing my end. When I called last week they told me they were having a meeting last Tuesday but also seemed to be under the impression that interviews won't be until August which I can't understand considering it is a gateway one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone heard from 9 Gough Square post second round?
Original post by luthorlex
Anyone heard from 9 Gough Square post second round?

Someone I know was offered the pupillage. Apologies to be the bearer of bad news.
Anyone heard from Furnival?
Any news from 12kbw post second round?
Original post by Barelylegalz
Someone I know was offered the pupillage. Apologies to be the bearer of bad news.

Congrats on that. Given news breaking, anything from Devereux or Enterprise?
Original post by Barelylegalz

Thanks for the news. Well done to them!
4 Brick Court 1st round just out by email. Not that I am complaining, but I seem to now have 3 interviews and 2 weddings in one day! Never thought there would come a day where I could choose career over family and friends; but looks like that day is Saturday. With all the sad news lately (inc RBS), it's a good problem to have for a change.*
Has anyone had any news from Fenners? I've trawled through the posts and can't see anything but wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I'm not sure of the timescale to which they are working in light of their having extended the application deadline "due do an administrative error".
Original post by Not Amused
Has anyone had any news from Fenners? I've trawled through the posts and can't see anything but wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I'm not sure of the timescale to which they are working in light of their having extended the application deadline "due do an administrative error".

I haven't heard anything yet but I have a feeling they are going to be working outside the gateway timetable given how long is left

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending