The Student Room Group

vegans annoy me so much

mostly because they're right. I eat meat because I like the taste and it's convenient. going vegan would be great because animals suffering is horrible but...it's hard.

it's kind of like doublethink in 1984; when I really think about it I know I'm doing the wrong thing, so I just ignore the fact that animals have to die so I can have a tasty bacon sandwich. and I guess that's why vegans annoy me so much, because they're just reminding me that I'm making a bad choice just so I don't have to slightly inconvenience myself.

even though I'm thinking about it a lot, and I'm cutting down my meat intake and telling my vegan friends I'll seriously consider it, I know in my heart of hearts I'll never go vegan or even veggie...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bacon is tasty.
bacon is the most overrated food imo
Frog memes are overrated imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel your pain.
I became a veggie last year, and I'm not going to lie, I've had my relapses. I love meat so so much, especially a nice juicy steak :love:. But to me, the taste just doesn't justify the cruelty to the animal.

I'm not vegan though, and think I would really struggle with a vegan life style. I'm already considered underweight, without cheese the weight would just drop off. Plus, cheese is my meat substitute, I'd be lost without it :coma:
Original post by lowkeypunk
mostly because they're right. I eat meat because I like the taste and it's convenient. going vegan would be great because animals suffering is horrible but...it's hard.

it's kind of like doublethink in 1984; when I really think about it I know I'm doing the wrong thing, so I just ignore the fact that animals have to die so I can have a tasty bacon sandwich. and I guess that's why vegans annoy me so much, because they're just reminding me that I'm making a bad choice just so I don't have to slightly inconvenience myself.

even though I'm thinking about it a lot, and I'm cutting down my meat intake and telling my vegan friends I'll seriously consider it, I know in my heart of hearts I'll never go vegan or even veggie...

Just remember. They may have the moral superiority, but you have the bacon.

How do you know this?
If I go vegan what difference would it make? I am just 1 person the animal killing would still continue
Original post by Twinpeaks
I feel your pain.
I became a veggie last year, and I'm not going to lie, I've had my relapses. I love meat so so much, especially a nice juicy steak :love:. But to me, the taste just doesn't justify the cruelty to the animal.

I'm not vegan though, and think I would really struggle with a vegan life style. I'm already considered underweight, without cheese the weight would just drop off. Plus, cheese is my meat substitute, I'd be lost without it :coma:

I feel the same. I've been vegetarian on and off for over 5 years. I could never be vegan though
Original post by offhegoes
Bacon is tasty.

Just been sat here for a solid minute googling images of bacon sandwiches... Omg :coma:

OP, if you aren't ready to become a veggie, why not just consider more ethical eating? For years before I became veggie, I'd only eat free range chicken and free roaming pork. At least that way when you tuck in to your bacon sandwich you knew the pig lived a tolerable life.
Original post by niv1234
I feel the same. I've been vegetarian on and off for over 5 years. I could never be vegan though

It's so difficult. I wish I was one of those people who didn't like the taste of meat, but I've always been the girl to go for the steak option on the menu.
I love bacon too much, I would struggle trying to give it up
Reply 12
Just been sat here for a solid minute googling images of bacon sandwiches... Omg :coma:

OP, if you aren't ready to become a veggie, why not just consider more ethical eating? For years before I became veggie, I'd only eat free range chicken and free roaming pork. At least that way when you tuck in to your bacon sandwich you knew the pig lived a tolerable life.

It's so difficult. I wish I was one of those people who didn't like the taste of meat, but I've always been the girl to go for the steak option on the menu.

I don't think I've ever had steak. Is that beef or pork?
Reply 14
Well I've eaten meat all my life. I don't think about the way the animals are killed tbh. Yeah I'm a cold-hearted bastard but that's how I am

Original post by niv1234

Steak is usually beef but it can be other meats too
Original post by UWS
Well I've eaten meat all my life. I don't think about the way the animals are killed tbh. Yeah I'm a cold-hearted bastard but that's how I am

Steak is usually beef but it can be other meats too

Oh ok thanks. Do you eat all meats?

My parents are Hindu so I've never eaten beef before.
Original post by drandy76
Frog memes are overrated imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

leave dat boi alone ok smh
I'm a chickitarian and that's the best I can do for the animals (only chicken meat)

I feel your pain.

Original post by SuperHuman98
If I go vegan what difference would it make? I am just 1 person the animal killing would still continue

Then benefit to going vegan mean an extra slice of bacon or whatever meat for me, please go vegan so i can eat more meat whenever i want
Original post by niv1234

Beef usually but you can get lamb and pork steaks/ chops :smile:

Sometimes what I think isn't helpful is the attitiude that you must be either a full on meat eater, or a complete vegetarian. If people were encouraged to take more of a moderate attitude I think we might see more improvement. You don't have to be a complete vegetarian, but just to say, have meat once a week. I feel like so much more people would be willing to do that, and that would help so much with our issues of over-consumption of meat.

The concept of becoming a vegetarian is too much of a leap for some, and I think that tends to lead people to just ignore the issue or to not think about their meat consumption.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest