The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
lol can you come kill mine for me*:biggrin:

I've been paid to informally exterminate loads of times, where are ya? Anywhere in Brum? >_>
Original post by Superman_Jr
Yes I killed one many years ago. It was hiding under the fridge.

Lmao bugger! I had to lift a family friend's fridge out down several flights of stairs with a mate because there was an active nest somewhere in the fridge, they chewed a hole through and were living in there. I took it to the garden and smashed it out, several dashed out, it was terrifying tbh lol got paid 100 quid though :biggrin:
I was about to sleep, but I heard something scratching the walls and then I heard the sound coming from under my bed.
My mum was telling me she had seen one, but we killed it. This confirms my theory that the ****ing mice are coming from the attic (mum didn't believe me on this).
So yeah. I'm literally curled up in the corner of my bed, and I don't think I'll be able to sleep.
I was reading a book beforehand and luckily it was on the side of my bed. I'm planning to use it to kill the mice if it ever comes to that.
Any advice is welcomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original post by 0to100
One time I lined up furniture where I knew the mouse was hiding. And it forced the mouse to run in a path inside my closet. I knew my plan to trick it in there would work so of course I cleared the closet out first.

I stomped around, kicked the dresser where he was and he dashed out and ran along the path, so I shut the closet, plugged the slits and it suffocated and starved in there. Gotta man up bruv.

Your house might not be set up like mine but it worked for me. I try to trap/kill them as soon as I spot one which is rare.

The problem with my house is that I know for sure- the only way mice have found there way through is via the garage and the attic. To top if off, I've heard mice can also hide through sub-floors and they can go up chimneys/ pipes and stuff. I can't hear the mouse anymore, which leads me to believe that's it's entering my room via the sub floors. I really don't know how this problem could be managed and controlled in a house like mine- other than actually using pest control people.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I wish I could man up, but that'd involve getting a sex change haha
The problem with my house is that I know for sure- the only way mice have found there way through is via the garage and the attic. To top if off, I've heard mice can also hide through sub-floors and they can go up chimneys/ pipes and stuff. I can't hear the mouse anymore, which leads me to believe that's it's entering my room via the sub floors. I really don't know how this problem could be managed and controlled in a house like mine- other than actually using pest control people.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I wish I could man up, but that'd involve getting a sex change haha

Tell your mum this, call the pest control bab If it were just like one or they were nesting in one place I'd easily remove it for anyone but yours in an infestation :s-smilie: for the nite you're gonna have to shoo it out or stay up ...
mice are so cute awh
Original post by aristotle's' disciple

whyyyyyyyyyyyy??????? :0
Original post by 0to100
Tell your mum this, call the pest control bab If it were just like one or they were nesting in one place I'd easily remove it for anyone but yours in an infestation :s-smilie: for the nite you're gonna have to shoo it out or stay up ...

definitely staying up
I was about to sleep, but I heard something scratching the walls and then I heard the sound coming from under my bed.
My mum was telling me she had seen one, but we killed it. This confirms my theory that the ****ing mice are coming from the attic (mum didn't believe me on this).
So yeah. I'm literally curled up in the corner of my bed, and I don't think I'll be able to sleep.
I was reading a book beforehand and luckily it was on the side of my bed. I'm planning to use it to kill the mice if it ever comes to that.
Any advice is welcomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mice are so cute, don't kill it :frown:
Original post by Inexorably
mice are so cute awh

I don't have a heart as soft as yours :|
Original post by Inexorably
mice are so cute awh

hate em
I'll have to. I was thinking whether it'd be more appropriate to hoover it though. I think it's much quicker to do that, but I'd have to kill it nonetheless to be sure it doesn't nest.
Original post by 0to100
One time I lined up furniture where I knew the mouse was hiding. And it forced the mouse to run in a path inside my closet. I knew my plan to trick it in there would work so of course I cleared the closet out first.

I stomped around, kicked the dresser where he was and he dashed out and ran along the path, so I shut the closet, plugged the slits and it suffocated and starved in there. Gotta man up bruv.

Your house might not be set up like mine but it worked for me. I try to trap/kill them as soon as I spot one which is rare.

How about we switch the roles and I torture you? :colone:
I'll have to. I was thinking whether it'd be more appropriate to hoover it though. I think it's much quicker to do that, but I'd have to kill it nonetheless to be sure it doesn't nest.

Damn rite. Hoovering sounds a bit extreme though :toofunny:
I'm telling ya just shuffle the furniture, startle it, and get it out at least so you can sleep mate -__________-

Oh don't do that, it'll die slowly in a horrible way. Get a live trap from B&Q or something tomorrow. If you must kill the poor little thing at least get it done professionally and quickly. Remember it's 100x more scared of you that you are of it
Kindly ask it to go away
Original post by ForgetMe

:erm:
like..."hee-hee-haha" torture, or..."God help me" torture...
Original post by ForgetMe

stupid logic
Mice are rodents!!
Best thing is to get it out and set it free but that's if you call the pest control bab. However sometimes they don't give a **** and just lay down poison. You'll have to find its nest, it's probably lost under your bed lol
Original post by 0to100
:erm:
like..."hee-hee-haha" torture, or..."God help me" torture...

The one where I introduce you with the whole fresh veg counter :perv:

Latest