The Student Room Group

A-levels online?

has anyone ever done a levels online if so can you tell me about your experience the grades you got, anything really thank you, I was thinking about doing a levels online.
Do you mean sitting as a private candidate?
Original post by 34908seikj
Do you mean sitting as a private candidate?

Yeah pretty much.
You can do a levels online, like an online tutor helps you with the course, and you enter exams as a private candidate, so you still get a levels.
Psychology, english lit, business studies and not sure about the fourth one yet, maybe history or biology. I'm not sure about a future career yet so I'm keeping my options open.
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
has anyone ever done a levels online if so can you tell me about your experience the grades you got, anything really thank you, I was thinking about doing a levels online.

Are you planning on saving time on A levels because of the 2 year length thing? Yeah I was looking into that myself.
Reply 6
Original post by DauntlessOne
Are you planning on saving time on A levels because of the 2 year length thing? Yeah I was looking into that myself.

what do you mean about saving time? please can you tell me the benefits of studying online, as this option sounds appealing to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ?Hannah
what do you mean about saving time? please can you tell me the benefits of studying online, as this option sounds appealing to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well Hannah, I don't know to much about studying A levels online, I'm just as interested as you are in the thought of it. And as for the "saving time" thing I just don't fancy the idea of being in college another 2 years (already served 2 years lol).
Original post by ?Hannah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose the main benefit is quite simply easier access to education - you hardly need to get dressed for it. I've done some of it myself as part of my GCSE education, it was reasonable but you'd find yourself procrastinating too often and not achieving your best.

Some classes are more lecture-style than others, whereas others involve more class participation. If you're getting a decent education from your teachers then I wouldn't bother, but if you're falling behind then you might want to consider it.
Thank you!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest