The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nor778
Sorry for asking another question.
I have read that Track will be online on 7am-8am on the 18th of August. Will the uni place be confirmed then or is it on mid-day on the 18th? I am slightly confused with when track will be updated.

If you meet your offer you will see it at 8am.
If not, you either get rejected like a week before so a direct one but still see at 8am of the 18th but it will say rejected on like 12th august or whatever.
Or you get summerpooled and or your college just waits then get decision either later that day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nor778
Sorry for asking another question.
I have read that Track will be online on 7am-8am on the 18th of August. Will the uni place be confirmed then or is it on mid-day on the 18th? I am slightly confused with when track will be updated.

8am on the 18th.

If there's no decision and you narrowly missed your offer it means they need you to send your UMS, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Is there data to say how many of applicants miss their offer every year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jkhan9625
Is there data to say how many of applicants miss their offer every year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't seen an analysis of it as such, but if you want to pick through the data yourself you can find the application stats here:

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/apply/statistics

(edit: of course, that includes people turning down their offer after results day and possibly other cases)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
I haven't seen an analysis of it as such, but if you want to pick through the data yourself you can find the application stats here:

(edit: of course, that includes people turning down their offer after results day and possibly other cases)

Correct, a few will have taken up places outside the UK. But mostly it's people missing offers and it's approx 10% excluding Maths offer holders. For Maths, nearly half miss their offer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Correct, a few will have taken up places outside the UK. But mostly it's people missing offers and it's approx 10% excluding Maths offer holders. For more, nearly half miss their offer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh, since they make many more offers than they have places, it doesn't even offer consolation that tons of people have missed their offer so maybe they'll take you to fill the seats :frown: :frown:
Original post by nor778
Hi everyone
Will Cambridge colleges send the college offer confirmation letters on the 18th August or before? I have been told, by some individuals, that Cambridge may send the confirmation letters one or two days before results.

Emma had said in the material with the offer letter that results and decisions are under a very strict legal embargo until the 18th and cannot be disclosed under any circumstances till then. So there isn't a chance of hearing before the 18th...
Original post by krishdesai7
Emma had said in the material with the offer letter that results and decisions are under a very strict legal embargo until the 18th and cannot be disclosed under any circumstances till then. So there isn't a chance of hearing before the 18th...

Is that the case for all unis, or is it unique to Cambridge? Because I know somebody who had their offer confirmed by text from the uni (not Cambridge) the day before results day last year. So unless that was a mistake or something...

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugh, since they make many more offers than they have places, it doesn't even offer consolation that tons of people have missed their offer so maybe they'll take you to fill the seats :frown: :frown:

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that the case for all unis, or is it unique to Cambridge? Because I know somebody who had their offer confirmed by text from the uni (not Cambridge) the day before results day last year. So unless that was a mistake or something...

Since they used the word legal embargo, I'm guessing it's government rule in which case it should apply everywhere in England (?) Maybe Cambridge is a little more firm about following this rule than other unis?

Idk really I'm just speculating. I do suppose it'd be terribly nice if I could know about how the condition is going to play out earlier...

Did they have A-levels or IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
New maths foi.
If anyone can make sense of it please do because atm it contradicts other individual FOIs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
it contradicts other individual FOIs

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does? In what way? Sorry, I'm not very up-to-date w.r.t. FOIs.

It is a bit disappointing to see that Emma doesn't have much of a track record of taking 12s which is what I'm expecting, though I suppose 3 years isn't much of a sample size.
(edited 7 years ago)
It does? In what way? Sorry, I'm not very up-to-date w.r.t. FOIs.

It is a bit disappointing to see that Emma doesn't have much of a track record of taking 12s which is what I'm expecting, though I suppose 3 years isn't much of a sample size.

Numbers dont match with two other FOI's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Numbers dont match with two other FOI's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh oh. I'm sure they wouldn't be lying...
Uh oh. I'm sure they wouldn't be lying...

Who knows what to believe lol.
All i know is homerton summerpooled a 1,1 person but let in 1,3 2,2 etc. Weird.
I may be screwed, should find out soon though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who knows what to believe lol.
All i know is homerton summerpooled a 1,1 person but let in 1,3 2,2 etc. Weird.
I may be screwed, should find out soon though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just noticed that right now. What the :s-smilie: There has to have been some reason. Maybe the 1,1 missed the A-level component of his condition or something
Just noticed that right now. What the :s-smilie: There has to have been some reason. Maybe the 1,1 missed the A-level component of his condition or something

Yeh it means I am ****ed although I srill have A*A*A overall atleast but that wasn't my offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending