The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Q) I heard somewhere thst if nickname your Eeve one of the 3 names corresponding to their evolution
they will evolve into that form irrespective of what their attack moves are. For example, you have a Eeve
that will evolve into Vapereon but if you nickname that Eeve before it evolved into Vapereon as 'Pyro'
it will then evolve into Flareon.

Is that true? ^
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Q) I heard somewhere thst if nickname your Eeve one of the 3 names corresponding to their evolution
they will evolve into that form irrespective of what their attack moves are. For example, you have a Eeve
that will evolve into Vapereon but if you nickname that Eeve before it evolved into Vapereon as 'Pyro'
it will then evolve into Flareon.

Is that true? ^

*I tried the pyro trick with my eevee a couple of days ago (already had Vaporeon and wanted Flareon) and it worked.*

However, I'm not sure if that was just luck or it actually works if that makes sense... As I've read in a few places that it doesn't always work.. *
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CharlieH1992
*I tried the pyro trick with my eevee a couple of days ago (already had Vaporeon and wanted Flareon) and it worked.*

However, I'm not sure if that was just luck or it actually works if that makes sense... As I've read in a few places that it doesn't always work.. *

Where it didn't I wouldn't be surprised if they had done it wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
They need to include the other 570 species at some point...
Original post by shawn_o1
They need to include the other 570 species at some point...

Anything above 151 doesn't count.
Original post by CharlieH1992
However, I'm not sure if that was just luck or it actually works if that makes sense... As I've read in a few places that it doesn't always work..

I tried it yesterday and it worked. Named my Eevee Sparky and got a Jolteon.

Just caught a Dodrio whilst sitting on my break at work. 587CP! First time I've ever seen one, even in my nearby list.
(edited 7 years ago)
I have very little idea wtf I am doing.

I am very amused by the fact that my workplace appears to be infested with rats and bugs :rofl:
Original post by PQ
I have very little idea wtf I am doing.

I am very amused by the fact that my workplace appears to be infested with rats and bugs :rofl:

TSR HQ has so many bats :grumble:

Just keep catching them :teeth: You can't go wrong.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
TSR HQ has so many bats :grumble:

Just keep catching them :teeth: You can't go wrong.

There's a pokestop outside my office (and another in the next building and a gym in the building opposite)....which is either a very good thing or a very very bad thing :flute:
What happens when you have a pokemon on a gym?
Reply 790
What happens when you have a pokemon on a gym?

You can claim goodies!
Original post by Aula
You can claim goodies!

How do you do that :zomg:
Reply 792
Just found and caught a wild Pigeot:biggrin: only 28 CP Though :grumble:
Original post by Aph
Just found and caught a wild Pigeot:biggrin: only 28 CP Though :grumble:

I found a Krabby in the work toilets.

I was reluctant to catch it :s-smilie:
Reply 794
How do you do that :zomg:

Go to shop and click on the little button top right hand corner. You can do it straight after claiming a gym, and then every 21 hours.

Sitting in a Starbucks on holiday in Poland in order to take over a gym is a perfectly normal thing... Right?
Original post by Aula
Go to shop and click on the little button top right hand corner. You can do it straight after claiming a gym, and then every 21 hours.

Sitting in a Starbucks on holiday in Poland in order to take over a gym is a perfectly normal thing... Right?

Awesome, I got 10 coins :cool:
Reply 796
Original post by PQ
I found a Krabby in the work toilets.

I was reluctant to catch it :s-smilie:

I've only been finding pigeots and their evolutions sadly :frown: a few rattata but that's it. However I haven't got it on my phone just my tablet so I've caught them all inside my house:lol:

I'd kill for a krabby.
Original post by Aph
I've only been finding pigeots and their evolutions sadly :frown: a few rattata but that's it. However I haven't got it on my phone just my tablet so I've caught them all inside my house:lol:

I'd kill for a krabby.

image.png

PRSOM :rofl:
PRSOM :rofl:

Poor little thing looks embarrassed :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest