The Student Room Group

Craziest Random Laws?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101
I wonder if you have to carry a gun if you're there on holiday :tongue:

Yep you do, I know some people going on an expedition there.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Isn't attempting suicide illegal?

Up until the 1960s it was.
Original post by Vicky628
It's illegal in Britain for any animal to try and mate with the Queen's corgis (apparently:K::K::K:)

If this is true, it's hilarious.
I'm just imaging the queen standing there, like a protective parent, telling all of the other corgis to stay away from hers.
It's illegal in Britain for any animal to try and mate with the Queen's corgis (apparently:K::K::K:)

Original post by fayecrystalsmith
I'm just imaging the queen standing there, like a protective parent, telling all of the other corgis to stay away from hers.

Okay so it's actually true:biggrin:,
Original post by fayecrystalsmith

Queen: "no, Timmy... Stay away from those nasty street corgis, they're a bad influence"
Queen: "no, Timmy... Stay away from those nasty street corgis, they're a bad influence"

I am crying of laughter, it's just such a "royal" thing.
It's illegal for Santa Claus to give toys with lead in them.
Something to do with Elf an Safety
Original post by Changing Skies
I love the guinea pig one, I wish that law existed everywhere! Guinea pigs need company to be happy, we can't have them going lonely :frown:

My friend had 2 Guinea pigs. One killed the other by biting its neck so she bought the remaining pig another friend (don't ask why). It then proceeded to murder that one too, in the same way. Psychopathic little thing.
What's the craziest thing you've ever heard is legal/illegal somewhere? The internet may not be a fully reliable source, but some of them are pretty amusing if they are true!

Here are some of my favourites:
In Switzerland it is illegal to own one guinea pig, you have to own at least two.
In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors (but it is legal indoors)

Let's hear them :rofl:

My friend moved to Dubai. His mum had to get a written note from her husband saying that he permitted her to drive in order to get a driving license!
Reply 29
Original post by Platopus
My friend moved to Dubai. His mum had to get a written note from her husband saying that he permitted her to drive in order to get a driving license!

In China there's no age limit, you apply for a licence and get your name pulled out of a hat essentially. Then you can buy a car

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like how in Saudi, women can drive a plane but not a car...
Original post by Andy98
In China there's no age limit, you apply for a licence and get your name pulled out of a hat essentially. Then you can buy a car

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's kind of awesome!

Weird...
Reply 33
That's kind of awesome!

Weird...

Yup

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Bearded Man
Isn't attempting suicide illegal?

In Medieval times.
What's the craziest thing you've ever heard is legal/illegal somewhere? The internet may not be a fully reliable source, but some of them are pretty amusing if they are true!

Here are some of my favourites:
In Switzerland it is illegal to own one guinea pig, you have to own at least two.
In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors (but it is legal indoors)

Let's hear them :rofl:

kinder eggs are illegal in the States and anyone who takes them into the country faces a $1200 fine
Pretty sure there's some legal ways of killing Scotsmen with a bow and arrow or something near me around the border:lol:

after midnight in the city of chester you can legally kill a welshman provided they are within the citties walls

PRSOM
Reply 38
Original post by myhatmyrowntrees
kinder eggs are illegal in the States and anyone who takes them into the country faces a $1200 fine

*Theyre illegal to sell, but you can have a personal stash. Its a "health and safety risk" because theres a toy inside...
Original post by donte
*Theyre illegal to sell, but you can have a personal stash. Its a "health and safety risk" because theres a toy inside...

I wonder if they're popular on the black market...

Shady guy: hey kid... you wanna buy a kinder egg?

Quick Reply

Latest