The Student Room Group

IB Predicted scores for Medicine

Hi, I am in international student. My IGCSE scores are as below:
4 A* (Bio, Chem, Physics, Eng Lang), 4 A (Add Math, Eng Lit, History, Drama).
I havent done too well in my 11th Grade and my predicted IB score might be (still to get): HL 7,6,5 (Chem, Eng, Bio); SL 7, 6, 5 (Math, German, Physics).

I know most universities state that they require atleast a 6 in Bio HL whereas I am scoring low. Please suggest which universities I can apply to for Medicine.
Original post by rekhagm
I havent done too well in my 11th Grade and my predicted IB score might be (still to get): HL 7,6,5 (Chem, Eng, Bio); SL 7, 6, 5 (Math, German, Physics).

I know most universities state that they require atleast a 6 in Bio HL whereas I am scoring low. Please suggest which universities I can apply to for Medicine.

Hi :smile: As far as I remember, HYMS is the only med school which has entry requirements of 665. Others require 666 or above.
Is there any chance your predicted grade could be changed? It would allow you to apply to more universities and have much better chances of getting in...
Original post by rekhagm

The poster above is correct in saying HYMS is the only one which accepts 665.

Firstly try and get your predicted grade for biology increased if you can, but it may be more useful for you to take a gap year and try your hardest to achieve 666.
Reply 3
Thanks @coffeelover345 and @Natalierm2707

I was just wondering if any university might be willing to be slightly flexible on the IB entry requirements if I manage to score highly in UKCAT. Or are the entry requirements are absolutely rigid? Would you be aware?
Original post by rekhagm
Thanks @coffeelover345 and @Natalierm2707

I was just wondering if any university might be willing to be slightly flexible on the IB entry requirements if I manage to score highly in UKCAT. Or are the entry requirements are absolutely rigid? Would you be aware?

Entry requirements are absolutely rigid as far as I am aware - or could be viewed as 'the minimum entry requirements'. There is occasionally leniency for when you had extenuating circumstances around exam times. Your predicted Biology grade needs to be bumped up to 6 is the short answer.

UKCAT is always considered separately to your exam results/predictions.

You can certainly email each university to confirm their position on this though.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Lionheartat20
Entry requirements are absolutely rigid as far as I am aware - or could be viewed as 'the minimum entry requirements'. There is occasionally leniency for when you had extenuating circumstances around exam times. Your predicted Biology grade needs to be bumped up to 6 is the short answer.

UKCAT is always considered separately to your exam results/predictions.

You can certainly email each university to confirm their position on this though.

Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending