The Student Room Group

Dad forcing me to marry someone. @Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MyBloodisBlue
Leave the religion and reassign as a Christian then

It's not at all the religion. Islam says forced marriages are haraam (forbidden).
If she's not Muslim..you can't really marry her. Ask her to convert. But force marriages are haram anyway.
your family or control over your life
choose one
Original post by sulaimanali
If she's not Muslim..you can't really marry her. Ask her to convert. But force marriages are haram anyway.

Yes he can.

Islam does not control anyone's life!
Original post by TelAviv
Yes he can.

Islam does not control anyone's life!
No he can't. As a Muslim, you can't marry anyone out of your religion, as Islamic rules. What YOU think of that is irrelevant. It is what it is..
No he can't. As a Muslim, you can't marry anyone out of your religion, as Islamic rules. What YOU think of that is irrelevant. It is what it is..

You are an avid defender of Islam, why cant you see the issue in telling people not to marry someone because of a bunch of rules? Those laws also tell you to do many other things that dont fit with the laws of the land so why pick and choose what you follow?
Original post by fksociety
You are an avid defender of Islam, why cant you see the issue in telling people not to marry someone because of a bunch of rules? Those laws also tell you to do many other things that dont fit with the laws of the land so why pick and choose what you follow?

Definitely I'm an avid defender - I'm Muslim myself. I told him both sides...one - he cannot marry out of religion and two - force marriage isn't allowed anyway.Now it's his choice...And you're meant to try at least and follow as many rules as you can, if not all.
Definitely I'm an avid defender - I'm Muslim myself. I told him both sides...one - he cannot marry out of religion and two - force marriage isn't allowed anyway.Now it's his choice...And you're meant to try at least and follow as many rules as you can, if not all.

what youre doing is making him put the religion he was born with in front of his happiness. As you said, you must follow as many rules as possible. Is this not an exception, his happiness?
why do you refer to yourself as arabic and not arab?
Are you being serious? At your big age you are scared by your Dad forcing marriage on you?....

Do what you want. This shouldn't even be a question.
what youre doing is making him put the religion he was born with in front of his happiness. As you said, you must follow as many rules as possible. Is this not an exception, his happiness?
Obviously...if he's a Muslim, then for a Muslim, religion is first. You can do a plethora of things (that are against religion) using the excuse of 'happiness'...why should this be an exception? He'll fall in love with someone else eventually if he doesn't marry this one. Islam is all about supplication and submission to the will of Allah.
Obviously...if he's a Muslim, then for a Muslim, religion is first. You can do a plethora of things (that are against religion) using the excuse of 'happiness'...why should this be an exception? He'll fall in love with someone else eventually if he doesn't marry this one. Islam is all about supplication and submission to the will of Allah.

Its disgusting how you look down upon women. Theyre not a replaceable tool for you to dispose of as you like. Why exactly do you think you should stick to the law that you shouldnt marry non muslims but ignore the rule that you should kill homosexuals?
Its disgusting how you look down upon women. Theyre not a replaceable tool for you to dispose of as you like. Why exactly do you think you should stick to the law that you shouldnt marry non muslims but ignore the rule that you should kill homosexuals?

I don't look down upon women at all, it's all your thinking. You won't understand if you're not a Muslim. It's hard to explain all these rules to non-Muslims because they'll just argue about it. It's easier to not marry non-Muslims. It's a rule..now end of.
And for your information - killing homosexuals isn't the first option. If you find out someone is homosexual, you first tell them not to do it. Then you tell them again sternly not to do it.
I don't look down upon women at all, it's all your thinking. You won't understand if you're not a Muslim. It's hard to explain all these rules to non-Muslims because they'll just argue about it. It's easier to not marry non-Muslims. It's a rule..now end of.

No you just cant explain yourself. See? Your conservative way of thinking is flawed in its logic and ive shown that with you. Progressive islam is the way forward
And for your information - killing homosexuals isn't the first option. If you find out someone is homosexual, you first tell them not to do it. Then you tell them again sternly not to do it.

Fine - Replace that with another backward idea.
No you just cant explain yourself. See? Your conservative way of thinking is flawed in its logic and ive shown that with you. Progressive islam is the way forward

A Muslim understands it easier than non-Muslims, because all non-Muslims would do is argue about it. You're not going to change your opinion...so why bother?
Fine - Replace that with another backward idea.

It's not a backward idea..just because you didn't know about it. You just try to pick things out in Islam that can be interpreted negatively.
A Muslim understands it easier than non-Muslims, because all non-Muslims would do is argue about it. You're not going to change your opinion...so why bother?

I am open to new thinking. I simply cannot however understand how you pick and choose which laws to follow and which laws not to. If Islam is flexible, considering we have progressive and fundamental Islam, who exactly are you to stick your beliefs down OPs throat?
It's not a backward idea..just because you didn't know about it. You just try to pick things out in Islam that can be interpreted negatively.

So telling a homosexual not to have sex because it somehow bothers you is positive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending