The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan university - investment banking

Would a banking and finance degree at Manchester Met be enough for a graduate job at a top bank?
no
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by fksociety
no

with a placement?
Original post by beanmaker
with a placement?

Perhaps if you're an EXTREMELY exceptional student, lots of extra curricular, experience, connections etc etc but i have to be honest the chances are slim if front office is what you want. Not impossible though.

You can improve your uni brand with a masters or something at a target but you could maybe land a role in back office, maybe middle too.
Reply 4
Perhaps if you're an EXTREMELY exceptional student, lots of extra curricular, experience, connections etc etc but i have to be honest the chances are slim if front office is what you want. Not impossible though.

You can improve your uni brand with a masters or something at a target but you could maybe land a role in back office, maybe middle too.

What about the university of manchester?
Any other unis in the north west for a front office job?
What about the university of manchester?
Any other unis in the north west for a front office job?

Yes - Going to manchester, a semi target, will significantly improve your chances.
Durham, nottingham are the ones that come to mind. I wouldnt restrict myself to an area though - the targets arent in the given area.
Reply 6
Yes - Going to manchester, a semi target, will significantly improve your chances.
Durham, nottingham are the ones that come to mind. I wouldnt restrict myself to an area though - the targets arent in the given area.

yes, but I'd want to stay close to home (Preston)
and at the moment i'm looking at BCC
(edited 7 years ago)
yes, but I'd want to stay close to home (Preston)
and at the moment i'm looking at BCC

well for these jobs theyre ideally looking for As and Bs if not that then A*s.
I'd first suggest trying to improve those grades. If not then perhaps get a masters or go into the big 4 route.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending