The Student Room Group

Computational Statistics and Machine Learning at UCL - reviews from alumni

Hi! Can anybody who has completed this program, alternatively the ML MSc at UCL, give their opinion on it? The few reviews I’ve found date back to 2010, the program has hugely increased intake since them (from 30-40 to over 100 people). I hope things haven’t changed for the worse. Could you share how satisfied were you with the courses, teaching, staff, program as a whole and where did you head afterwords (mostly PhD, work in UK or other countries, startups or large companies)? I’m having insanely difficult time deciding between this program and Machine learning at University of Edinburgh. Great thanks!
Original post by piernikowyludek
Hi! Can anybody who has completed this program, alternatively the ML MSc at UCL, give their opinion on it? The few reviews I’ve found date back to 2010, the program has hugely increased intake since them (from 30-40 to over 100 people). I hope things haven’t changed for the worse. Could you share how satisfied were you with the courses, teaching, staff, program as a whole and where did you head afterwords (mostly PhD, work in UK or other countries, startups or large companies)? I’m having insanely difficult time deciding between this program and Machine learning at University of Edinburgh. Great thanks!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2508821&page=3
Reply 2
Hey!
I'm in the exact same situation! Have you decided yet? Maybe you got some insight you could share with me?
I'm planning on contacting few students from both courses and asking about their experience but haven't gotten my head around it yet.
Cheers
Original post by Bartek
Hey!
I'm in the exact same situation! Have you decided yet? Maybe you got some insight you could share with me?
I'm planning on contacting few students from both courses and asking about their experience but haven't gotten my head around it yet.
Cheers

I think the Edinburgh course modules concentrates on advanced applications and programming. For example they have Stephen Renals(an NLP expert) teaching a full year practical machine learning module which focuses on Gaussian process and deep neural networks implementations. The UCL modules look a little more theoretical but the problem is that most modules are taught during the 1st semester.
Reply 4
Applied for the 19/20 intake for MSc CSML at UCL, has anyone heard back yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending