The Student Room Group

GIRLS ONLY Unusual bleeding should I be worried?

Hey girls .. go away boys! :tongue:

So i haven't had my period in almost 4 months 3 months is normal for me but it's been 4 months now and i'm not sexually active so i'm not pregnant at all. But i'm not worried it's been 4 months without having a period because i've recently been depressed and had a bad diet so i guess that's why it's extended more than 3 months.

But i've been bleeding down there like just once and it was a very little amount and light in colour. then 2 days later it happened again just once during that day. And today again just once. It's so annoying should i be worried ? because it's not even a period it's just very tiny amount of blood. And no one enjoys having to wear a damn nappy/pad esp. if it's just once a day within 3 days ? IDK HELP!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

So i haven't had my period in almost 4 months 3 months is normal for me but it's been 4 months now and i'm not sexually active so i'm not pregnant at all. But i'm not worried it's been 4 months without having a period because i've recently been depressed and had a bad diet so i guess that's why it's extended more than 3 months.

But i've been bleeding down there like just once and it was a very little amount and light in colour. then 2 days later it happened again just once during that day. And today again just once. It's so annoying should i be worried ? because it's not even a period it's just very tiny amount of blood. And no one enjoys having to wear a damn nappy/pad esp. if it's just once a day within 3 days ? IDK HELP!

well i had irregular bleeding (coil) and bleeding after sex and apparently cervical ectropion
Have you been to the doctor about the length of time between your periods? You might have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), which can cause irregular periods. You've got what sounds like spotting, some ladies get it before periods, it could just be your body trying to get your hormones started. Either way I would recommend a trip to your doctors just to put your mind at ease. I wouldn't be too worried, but if the light bleeding lasts a while definitely go to your doctor. :smile:

Going to the Doctors' would be the best option for you :smile:
I would definitely suggest going to the doctor about this. Irregular bleeding can be massively contributed by stress, bad diet or lack of exercise. I would suggest seeing about going on the combined pill? This will balance the hormones in your body and allow you to bleed regularly on the "7 day break" from the pill 😌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to the doctors is your best option.

Many things can affect your periods, your weight (over or under) being a big one. When you go to your doctors, they'll ask you about stress, diet etc. and weigh you then decide how to proceed.

In short, don't worry, see you GP ASAP.

If I were you, I'd go and see a doctor about the length of time between your periods, and mention the bleeding you're seeing now as well. It might be nothing, but better safe than sorry
Go to the doctor- we're not qualified to give medical advice! I understand if you're a little nervous- but it's best to see a doctor (a sympathetic female one)? if thats not an option you could call 111? You can refuse to let it be sent to your GP in which case all you have to deal with is the phone call.
If youre young then its more normal for periods to be irregular- but 4 months is one hell of a long time
Reply 8
Best thing is to git to the doctor.
I had small amounts of blood - spotting before and after my period continuosly for 5 /6 months as well as a sharp pain in my left side . I went to see the nurse at the doctors , he advised a blood test and the nurse just asked if i was stressed or changes in diet , weight gain or loss or any breakups from realtionships all of whih can affect your hormones and period etc.

At the end of it all it was nothing just normal your gp will explain that spotting is a normal part of womens menstural cycle all woman will spot at one point. Tbh i thibk it was stress that caused it. Its simmilar to you , best thing i can advise you is to go to your gp theyll be able to help and it will put your mind at ease , if your a lil embarassed about seeing the gp , which everyone is but shouldnt be lol just ask to see the nurse .

Hope this helps
Smile
Smile 43

Quick Reply

Latest